Jase

Man of the Match  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A - José's negative tactics almost, almost cost us. They were there for the taking; their best performance of the season and they still couldn't beat us. He owes Courtois a fucking blow job for bailing him out tonight.

B - besides Willian (who basically did Ivanovic's job for him tonight), Hazard (in the first-half he was great, poor after the break) and Thibaut, the whole team was poor. You'd have thought we'd lost 5-0, not won 5-0, on Saturday.

C - what the fuck was the point of the 90th minute substitutions?! He must be planning on changing the whole fucking squad for Bradford now. Courtois, Ivanovic, Terry, Willian, Hazard, Costa, Fabregas, Matic all out - Cech, Azpi, Zouma, Schurrle, Salah, Remy, Ramires, Oscar in, you'd think.

d - Cahill had a very good first half but was back to his usual tricks in the second. Consistently poor, week in week out.

That would make a very good match report ,,, why waste your time on anything longer :beer:

I think Cahil is getting a bad rap, Ivan is playing poorly defensviely and is asked to attack more this season. Cahil is having to almost play two positions because he is covering Ivan. I would not mind seeing an Azpi and Luis starting combination.

Thibaut was fucking immense today...what a game from him. Nervy to watch with all those shots flying at our goal. So many bad passes and lost possession from us today. Ah well, let's take care of business at home and move on.

I completely understand why we went with this kind of approach, not much energy wasted and still took decent result. It was important game for team, its semifinal and Im sure Mou wants to win it, so it was clear that we will play deep against them.

But do we realy have to play this kind of football against low team like Pool to get a point? It was terrible, we didnt even try to attack and Im sure Mou came there to keep clean sheet, well we conceded too so...Im just curious what kind of team we need to finaly play more attacking in such games (and playing against today liverpool isnt that big game afterall). Why do we have Hazard, Cesc, Costa if we dont even plan to use them properly in such games. Why would we need Reus then. For what? Parking bus? I understand why Mou likes Willian so much and doesnt want to improve our attack by signing a winger with more end product; because Willian is perfect to defend on wing.

If you look Real vs Liverpool or Chelsea vs Liverpool, there is massive difference in quality. We might beat Real in two legs, but never in open attacking football. I wonder if Mou will ever try to play more attacking against such teams...and its quite sad if we cant win fucking liverpool by trying to play proper football, no we have to defend like we play vs Real or bayern. its just sad.

Courtois was brilliant though.

Think we can all agree that it was a bad performance, and therefore a "good" result. Who cares, we will win at home and that will be that.

Everyone suggesting mass overhauls and personnel clearouts or bagging Jose need to calm the fuck down. We're well positioned in all competitions, we're not in strife. Lighten up and show your team some respect. They can't win every game 5-0, and will naturally have games where they are tired and don't play as well.

We got a good enough result, so no stress.

Oh and Thibaut, that was some performance! Didn't miss a beat despite an injury lay-off. Superb!

Dude he's 24 not 5!

He's almost a quarter of a century old!

This is when he should be pulling up trees - he never went past the defence in the second half and that is unacceptable.

He dithered around and lost the ball. LUIS was more of a threat

Hazard played shit - just admit it and stop with the excuses. He has a couple of decent games and has been average the last couple

I want to see 100% every game and I'm not, so I feel justified with my complaint

I think you are very harsh tbh. He played an ok first half. Also, the guy just travelled to Belgium and back today to be present at his friend Malanda's funeral, which one might think leaves an emotional mark.

He ran like hell the first time, but you could see mental-wise he wasn't that fit. So don't mercilessly burn him like that. Be human(e) plz.

I was worried about this game, and know I know why. Anytime we played well against an opposition and play within a couple of days, we plat like this. Its good, because at least now we have a lower level team and about four days to recover. I think the next game will be massive. We are playing at home and I think our boys will be massive and come through. I'm shocked about Cahill though, he is surely going through some funk. :cry:

Not to alarm any of you but whenever we draw there always seems to be a loss afterwards...

Sunderland-Newcastle

Southampton-Tottenham...

After that 0-0 draw at Sunderland, we actually thrashed Spurs 3-0 before that loss at Newcastle.

That Southampton-Tottenham sequence was the only time this season we drew a game and lost the one immediately after that.

What!!!

Liverpool were shite and we made them look even fucking better than they are

Seriously enough of that bollox - Liverpool are average and we made them look massively good because we could not string two passes together

I'm not having the overreaction - that was shite and people are rightly calling it.

The Manager and Players need a long fucking hard look at themselves

Muzchap I normally agree with the majority of your posts but I'm going to put the past few showers of Shyte that you have written down to anger.

It was a horrific performance yes.

liverpool were at the races and we were not.

I garuntee we will punish them at the Bridge.

I'm predicting a 4-1 victory. You heard it here first!