Liverpool 1-1 Chelsea

Jase

Man of the Match  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

Does the away goal rule exist in this cup?

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#sHtxHGma9bF8G5q6.99

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The overreaction here... wow! Not a good performance, but we matched Liverpool's possibly best performance of the season with a 1-1 draw in only the first half of a semi final. It's a difficult ground and our passing was non-existent. Shit happens. It wasn't Mourinho's plan to perform like this. We will beat them at the Bridge anyway.

13.5 In the Semi-Final ties, if the aggregate score is level at the end of the second game an extra half-hour shall be played. If the aggregate scores are still level at the end of extra time the tie shall be decided by goals scored away from home counting twice. If the teams remain equal after this procedure the tie shall be determined by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark in accordance with the Laws of Association Football.

Read more at http://www.capitalonecup.co.uk/competition/rules/#sHtxHGma9bF8G5q6.99

Yes because we can keep a clean sheet...

Away from home maybe. But we'll be at the Bridge. And we're unbeatable at the Bridge.

Bloody better be.still worrying that competition regardless still pretty crap away.

We gone out to Liverpool in the Champions league to.many times.surely can't in this.at home as well

As viper has said, it is a cup competition. It's different.

As shit as we played we didn't lose. We haven't dropped points in a title race, just played poorly yet still come away with it all to play for next week. I'd rather a poor performance in the first leg of a cup game away at a difficult ground than play poorly last Saturday and end up dropping points at Swansea.

The overreaction here... wow! Not a good performance, but we matched Liverpool's possibly best performance of the season with a 1-1 draw in only the first half of a semi final. It's a difficult ground and our passing was non-existent. Shit happens. It wasn't Mourinho's plan to perform like this. We will beat them at the Bridge anyway.

What!!!

Liverpool were shite and we made them look even fucking better than they are

Seriously enough of that bollox - Liverpool are average and we made them look massively good because we could not string two passes together

I'm not having the overreaction - that was shite and people are rightly calling it.

The Manager and Players need a long fucking hard look at themselves

Chelsea has a lot of slow players, there's almost no way that team can cope with high pressure and tricky fast players.

If Mourinho used Fabregas in pivot, there wouldn't even be a need for the 2nd leg. Would have been another massacre.

Whoever voted Hazard MOTM should be ashamed

He let Markovic rule him all evening - this is why Hazard can't be rated as one of the best.

I've seen Messi and Ronaldo single handedly take a game and force the win.

We've seen how good Messi and Ronaldo are when their team is either disjointed or playing in a defensive manner, or both, in the national team. No attacking player can perform under these circumstances and forcing a win for your team in this set up is a once in a blue moon thing.

You'll never see Barca and Real play like this and that's why they can produce at a high rate for their club.

He has virtually cost us ties by his pragmatism, Atletico vs Chelsea played 7 fucking defenders, Man City Vs Chelsea leading 1-0 and down to 10 men decides to park the bus, Chelsea vs Man Utd against the worst utd we have ever played decides to seat back and invite pressure, Liverpool vs Chelsea decides not to even make a substitution until 89 min and overplays players again. I can even go back to his Madrid days, against Dortmund in 2013 he fucked it up by trying to park the bus even if he had the better players talk about pragmatism at its best. Swansea is a one off

A one off? So I just dreamed up Schalke? Or Arsenal 6-0?

Yes he makes mistakes, everyone does but I can list numerous tactical mistakes every top manager makes, it happens.

People need to be realistic, let's give them some credit they're a decent team on a good run, at home in a semi, they're not going to let us dictate it as nice as that would have been.

Pleased with the result, we'll win in 7 days time, and beat the yids at Wemberlee.

Scoring a goal gave a moral boost to our players, and drained Liverpool for the remaining of the first half but we were completely open in the second.

We couldn't keep up with their fast paced game once they hit it off. Simply, our backline is too slow to stop them. the defense and the midfield don't have the physicality and speed to keep chasing their players in our own half.Their goal was very well taken, but my god Cahill never ceases to disapoint me. I think Ramires could have been very useful today.

A draw is probably a fair result given our horrible second half, also our intentions were clear we can't lose this game. Not too frustrated because we scored a goal and we still have to play the second leg at home.

It's seems that a lot us support the back four being composed of Luis, Zouma, Terry, Azpi. To those chelsea fans who still support Ivanovich and Cahill in the back four and still say it's premature to replace them, today's match confirmed yet again that they are the weak link in the defense.