Derby v Chelsea

Jase

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jose's quotes on the official website make out that Filipe is fine. He finished the game, so see no reason as to why he wouldn't be available.

But apparently his knee was pretty badly bruised after the match. Neil Barnett asked him(Filipe) about it after the match he said it's swelled and badly bruised and said that it should be fine in a few days.

Cahill i being rested, so if there's any other youth than Zouma it would be RLC in for Oscar if he is rested. I doubt it, though, but provisionally:

Cech

Iva Zouma Terry Dave

Cesc - Matic

Schurrle - RLC/Oscar - Hazard

Drogba

Bench: Courtois (I assume he can play?), Cahill, Luis, Mikel, Oscar/RLC, Willian/Remy, Costa

i disagree mate Carles Puyol is 1.78 m in height and he was brillant at centre back

What does Carles Puyol have to do with Ake? The laziest thing you can do as a football fan is look at one player and assume that because so and so made it so can so and so. Ake and Puyol have nothing in common whatsoever.

Ake will either be our young LB or our DM, that's what he's being groomed for under Jose.

What does Carles Puyol have to do with Ake? The laziest thing you can do as a football fan is look at one player and assume that because so and so made it so can so and so. Ake and Puyol have nothing in common whatsoever.

Ake will either be our young LB or our DM, that's what he's being groomed for under Jose.

my point view is u don't have to be over 6ft to be a good centre half mate im common ake and puyol with there height not their talent mate

Also, Puyol was strong as fuck while Aké is like a lightweight boxer. He seems to be very good as a LB or DM, I think we should stick at ass-kicking CB-s like Zouma. I can't see Aké as a CB against teams like West Ham(Sakho, Valencia, Carroll) and Stoke(Diouf, Crouch).

my point view is u don't have to be over 6ft to be a good centre half mate im common ake and puyol with there height not their talent mate

No you don't have to be but you would need to possess incredible strength and fantastic leaping ability, two things Ake doesn't really have. Precisely why making comparisons like you have made make no sense.

No you don't have to be but you would need to possess incredible strength and fantastic leaping ability, two things Ake doesn't really have. Precisely why making comparisons like you have made make no sense.

were did i say ake is the new puyol??? i just common the two wif their height and that u dont need to be over 6ft to be a good centre back

were did i say ake is the new puyol??? i just common the two wif their height and that u dont need to be over 6ft to be a good centre back

But like I said that's lazy. You say that without acknowledging WHY Carles Puyol is able to play CB with his stature.

A: play with strong team, but win is must

B: play rotated team with one youth and win is objective, but not must

If we play A, and lose, I will be pissed as fuck, not because of potential loss, but because we could simply play some youth instead.

But we will win, come on :blue scalf:

This is the game of Derby's season - nothing will get bigger than this, except maybe Play Off Final

Anybody expecting an easy game is just nuts.

Yes they looked shit against Boro, because every single one of them was focusing on this game.

High tempo, professional start with the big guns! If we can get to 3-0 at any point, then is the time to bring on the youngsters.

I swear - if Jose played the kids and lost 99% of you would go fucking mental and this place would be in meltdown.

Just chill out. the young lads will get there chance when ready, or sadly, when a key injury forces it. This is not the season to be experimenting ! We need to win some trophies !

THANK YOU!

On the Derby argument, I've watched the game and the first minutes - even with Bamfordinho's goal - Derby was high pressing, had high possession and Boro didn't do much. Then they dropped the intensity and Boro started balancing things on the first half and dominated in the second.

On the youth, I'm sort of tired of people saying so many things. I want those kids to have real chances. 90 minutes - if was the case - in a dead rubber in UCL will only make RLC's family happy, but that contributes ZERO with his development in the club.

We built a strong team because we needed and want to win trophies, it's been a while since we've won something relevant. Now it's not the time to introduce kids, unless we have injuries and suspensions problems and there's no other way. One match here and there, 30 minutes here and there ISN'T developing or giving youth a chance. It's crumbs, it's charity, it's looking nice for the fans. Those kids are TRAINING under Mourinho. He's WORKING with them and at the right moment the REAL CHANCES will come. It won't be some charity game or some consolation minutes that will make us a club that gives chances to youth. Mourinho isn't a manager known for that, but some of the requests around here are laughable. As if one match or two per season is what will make those kids make or break here... As if everyone and their mothers won't be talking all sort of BS if for some necessity one of the kids come and make mistakes that could cost us precious points. It's all dandy and peachy when they aren't there messing up (and what are the chances of them messing up?) and everything is beautiful in a fake and delusional world where letting them play one or two dead rubbers or a game in the least important domestic cup configures as 'developing youth'. Come on, this is charity, not developing youth.

Give Mourinho time to work with them and if he continues to sign older player for the positions Baker, Ake, RLC, Boga etc... could at least be part of the main squad, then make your case. Making your case over a UCL dead rubber and League Cup initial rounds matches isn't a strong one.

Wont be a easy game.Strewsbury was far from a walk over and this be even less so.As for youth...no harm starting with one or two.Can be subbed if not going to well and some of our first team players can be dodgy at times.

Go for this.A cups a cup no matter how its seen these days