Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It happens. Points wise it's not the end of the world. I am happy we didn't lose the game.

We lost all our width today which is kind of a mindfuck along with the performances of some players, Hazard especially. I think i would have subbed him off instead.

Agree that Sunderland deserved the 3 points as they had all opportunities really. We had nothing going forward.

I really like Connor Wickham - he's got pace, power, and skill, which makes him one to keep an eye on.

For a change, I agree with the commentators in that our fullbacks were too defensive today. Which led our wingers all alone against defenders with cover. So, we had no wing play to speak of and Sunderland contained us in the center. Well, that's the fullbacks we've got - great defensively not so much going forward.

I understand the point some here are making about more rotation, but you can only rotate when the subs are (almost) as good as the starter. Every substitution we made today brought in a weaker playing to the pitch. Perhaps with the exception of Andre - actually like his style better than willian who is too much of a one trick pony for me.

Good undeserved point.

Really poor performance. Glad we got the 0-0 the way it was going to.

Willian was the only player trying to make something happen in the final third. Thought him, Matic, and Thibaut did well, other than that, average/poor.

Cahill also looked shit scared when Altidore came on. Rushed everything, slipping all over the place.

Seriously what the hell was that?

There was clear things problem with the game plan from minute 1:

1) No runners in behind, only Costa made runs, meaning he was isolated and even if he won the ball he couldn't pass out the ball or have enough space to cause danger. Yes Diego was awful today, but he was completely isolated.

2) No width at all. It's so obvious, last season every time we lost points on a game like this it was because of lack of width. Eden, Diego, Willian, Oscar, Matic, Fabregas looked like they were playing a mini piggy in the middle game in the middle of the park instead of trying to make space and move around the pitch, awful. Also when our fullbacks attacked, they have no quality to deliver. But we have known this for so long now, Jose has too, Azpi is on the wrong side and Ivanovic is poor on the ball, they just can't attack. (Before people go on about Ivanovic scoring, there's a difference between being good in the box and on the wing)

3) No intensity at all, the players looked tired, they didn't make runs or run with the ball, all short passes, no intensity whatsoever.

4) Dreadful performances by players like Hazard, DIego, Oscar. Less so Oscar, but the other two were awful. I can forgive Diego though because he was isolated, while Eden was just dreadful, no intensity, no risk taking, he just made simple passes and made it look like he didn't want to win today.