Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't expect the team to play exceptionally well and win every time I guess but that was quite an average performance. I don't disagree with Mourinho about the need to have stability in the team but I do wonder if he should have made some changes to the starting XI. It was the same XI for the third time in a week and some of the players have practically played every game for us this season (e.g. Matic, Fabregas, Terry etc). Could and should have freshened things up.

As it was though, Mourinho should have brought on the substitutions earlier rather than like after the 75th minute although I must say we completely lost our shape after Drogba and Remy came on. We switched to a back 3/5 and there was no cohesion in our play, nothing changed and we looked more likely to concede than score. Luckily, their shooting was wayward.

Also, gotta question the lack of width play today. Everything was being played in front of Sunderland. Too narrow and little penetration. Made it easy for them to defend and frustrating to watch, even more so when the players started taking shots from distance. Extremely annoying!

All in all though, a draw is not the worst result. Take it and go home. Still have a decent gap at the top. Hope we improve in the upcoming games and prove this was just a one-off. And it's Southampton ALL THE WAY tomorrow!

Why keep ramires on the bench when we need aggresion and also don't underdstand why felipe wasnt brought on. Our fullbacks were shit and midfield lacked aggression def gonna have to ring the changes for spurs.

Really poor performance. Glad we got the 0-0 the way it was going to.

Willian was the only player trying to make something happen in the final third. Thought him, Matic, and Thibaut did well, other than that, average/poor.

Cahill also looked shit scared when Altidore came on. Rushed everything, slipping all over the place.

Honestly, we have a tendency to make shit players look world class. Altidore aside, Ivanovic also made Wickham (WICKHAM!!!) look like Ribery for goodness sake! :doh:

Can't expect the team to play exceptionally well and win every time I guess as that was quite an average performance. I don't disagree with Mourinho about the need to have stability in the team but I do wonder if he should have made some changes to the starting XI. It was the same XI for the third time in a week and some of the players have practically played every game for us (e.g. Matic, Fabregas, Terry etc). Could and should have freshen things up.

As it was though, Mourinho should have brought on the substitutions earlier rather than like after the 75th minute although I must say we completely lost our shape after Drogba and Remy came on. We switched to a back 3/5 and there was not cohesion in our play, nothing changed and we looked more likely to concede than score. Luckily, their shooting was wayward.

Also, gotta question the lack of width play today. Everything was being played in front of Sunderland. Too narrow and little penetration. Made it easy for them to defend and frustrating to watch, even more so when the players started taking shots from distance. Extremely annoying!

All in all though, a draw is not the worst result. Take it and go home. Still have a decent gap at the top. Hope we improve in the upcoming games and prove this was just a one-off. And it's Southampton ALL THE WAY tomorrow!

Agreed fully mate, hopefully they draw a 0 - 0 or a 1 - 1.

Mourinho needs to rethink some of his obvious choices in this busy time of the year.

We're entering December's marathon and he thinks now is a good time to repeat the same lineup for the third time in a row in a week.

And then if that's not bad enough, he takes his sweet time to make subs.

Seriously, can't he see that's not the smartest thing to do? I hope he has a better approach of the starting eleven the next weeks. He calls the players that haven't been playing much his untouchables and it shows. He won't touch them at all. They'll rot in the bench.

The players in the pitch were tired, uninspired, a little bit sloppy/lazy, but I can't even blame them...

Same old story, I fu******* hate Sunderland smashing-laptop-with-bat.gif

They parked the bus, they rugby tackled different players so many times, so many bad tackles, the ref IGNORED AGAIN

There was another ridiculous in box situation with JT being held around the body then neck and Gary got lifted off the ground?? In the box but NO PENALTY??

We didn't play well, Sunderland really have become our diddy team, we get 5-0 against Shalke and then get 0-0 against Sunderland beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

Hopefully better result next game, the people slagging Jose can't get to smiley-face-swearing.gif

Come on people look at the positives

-We are still unbeaten,

-We are still top of the league

- We are not Liverpool ;)

Our backline needs sorting out next season.

JT is coming to the end of his career, Cahill is like a lost school boy without JT holding his hand, Azpi is on the wrong side and Ivanovic runs up pitch like a rhino seperated from his family for the first time.