Jase

Man of the Match  

91 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was obvious that jose was reluctant to make changes. you could hear it from he's recent press conferences

Ya you're probably right but he'll have to now, no choice...

Someone said last year this is a game we surely would've lost last year and I agree, we really never looked to move the ball and run at them at all. Looked a lot like last year for sure.

So here is the thing. One of my friends is a massive Liverpool fan. Guy is so deluded it is not even funny anymore. And he hates Willian from all his guts. He can't understand why he is ahead of Coutinho in the pecking order for Brazil and thinks he is one of the most overrated players to have ever played this game. I mean the guy hates Willian more than he loves Gerrard and the entire Liverpool team.

Now he texted me that this result against Sunderland is just the beginning of a carousel of bad results and God will do justice to football and stop Willian from winning a PL medal.

Quote from him: "It would be the biggest insult to this sport for Willian to have more PL medals than Gerrard."

:clown::clown::clown::clown::clown:

No lack of idiots in the world.

Why do we allow the game to become so stretched when we can't score? If we're going to have everyone attacking in the opposition half then we should be pressing frantically when we lose the ball to maintain the attack and prevent the counter. You could blame fatigue but we do this quite regularly like against Villa and Palace away last year. We were so open defensively - extremely lucky to get a point today.

Not unhappy with 1 point, we were lucky not to lose. (ball on the bar, Altidore clumsy goal, 2 shots from Johnson)

Costa, Hazard, Oscar were all bad, Hazard didn't even try to dribble into the box, really weird.
Diego needs to calm down, one day he will cost us a match if he doesn't work on his temper.
Oscar didn't press as much as usual. Willian was the only good one in the first half, great shot on the post and created a clear chance for Ivanovic, a lesser second half. I

We needed Ramires badly in the midfield, his energy, aggressivity and legs were missed.

MOTM: Courtois or Matic.

Why do we allow the game to become so stretched when we can't score? If we're going to have everyone attacking in the opposition half then we should be pressing frantically when we lose the ball to maintain the attack and prevent the counter. You could blame fatigue but we do this quite regularly like against Villa and Palace away last year. We were so open defensively - extremely lucky to get a point today.

Because we're trying to score and committing more bodies to the attack. The players were knackered they couldn't be asked to play high press football all match. At about the 70min mark fatigue is a factor and the will to win the ball back and also go forward to score is much less.

Mourinho does this a lot. I was just waiting for him to take off Azpi and switch to 3 def, and really give the game away.

Because we're trying to score and committing more bodies to the attack. The players were knackered they couldn't be asked to play high press football all match. At about the 70min mark fatigue is a factor and the will to win the ball back and also go forward to score is much less.

You can still maintain at least SOME defensive stability when you're trying to score right at the end. Plenty of big teams have maanged that over the years. Our gung-ho approach makes the chances of conceding much higher than the chances of scoring, especially if we've been poor all game and a goal is unlikely.

You can still maintain at least SOME defensive stability when you're trying to score right at the end. Plenty of big teams have maanged that over the years. Our gung-ho approach makes the chances of conceding much higher than the chances of scoring, especially if we've been poor all game and a goal is unlikely.

Goal is never unlikely... We just didn't get it. I like the fact we went trying to look for it, the guys were just tired no need to overanalyze the game. We don't have fast people at the back Brana, Cahill, Terry, Matic and Cesc are not exactly speed demons, when we go looking for goals there is alway a risk we'll get caught out. Nothing to worry about really.

Mourinho does this a lot. I was just waiting for him to take off Azpi and switch to 3 def, and really give the game away.

:lol: same. More subtle changes in personnel and tactics (e.g. Luis for Azpi to provide more width) would IMO serve us better than the gung-ho approach which abandons any sense of defensive stability and is essentially 'the more people we have attacking, the more likely we are to score'.

Not disappointed with the result tbh, yeah we are shit hot at the moment, but these results are going to happen, I'm starting to think that every one expects us to win by big scores, we are in the premier league, one of the hardest leagues in the world no team is going to win every game. We are still unbeaten and Sunderland are fighting for their results to save their lives,

KTBFFH

oh.. what an argumwnt.

So tell me. You want our defence "sorted" for not conceding a goal or for not scoring a goal?

Typical reaction of people in the face of an adverse result.

Clearly you don't understand the match today.

We needed more width to create more space in the center, which requires attacking fullbacks, which requires two mobile centerbacks who are good on the ball, but your right the defence didn't matter today.