Dominic Solanke

Fulham Broadway

• 2 months later...
On 8/7/2017 at 11:48 PM, Kajo said:

He was just tired waiting for a chance that will never come just like Chalobah and Ake... Here to train youngsters for other clubs.

And as he has proven spectacularly at Liverpool, he never deserved a chance.

Liverpool and Chelsea trying to avoid tribunal for Solanke fee — report

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/chelsea-fc-transfer-rumours-news/2018/5/15/17355344/liverpool-chelsea-tribunal-dominic-solanke-fee-report-transfer-rumour

ffs the interest on that money probly 1mill, wonder what them guys at the tribunal office do all year lol

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 04/10/2019 at 1:27 PM, the wes said:

Dominic Solanke: 'People might think I was impatient but I was just a young boy who wanted to play football

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/10/04/dominic-solanke-people-might-think-impatient-just-young-boy/

1 PL goal (was in 2017/18) in 30-40 games maybe suggests he should of been a bit more patient and went on loan again to develop rather than spit the dummy out. How he has an England cap is utter madness as well. 

1 PL goal (was in 2017/18) in 30-40 games maybe suggests he should of been a bit more patient and went on loan again to develop rather than spit the dummy out. How he has an England cap is utter madness as well. 
He was named the best player at the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, so it clearly went to his head.

comparing their senior careers 

Tammy Abraham 

Played 141 

Goals 69 

Dominic Solanke 

Played 61

Goals 8 

Tammy was calm and waited and for that he has played a lot more football and developed Solanke on the other hand since 2017-18 has played 34 games and scored just once in fact he only has 8 senior career goals Tammy has more then that this season alone. 

49 minutes ago, LAM09 said:
1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

He was named the best player at the 2017 FIFA U-20 World Cup, so it clearly went to his head.

Perhaps. But again, I think he will be kicking himself looking at Ruben, Tammy, Mason, Christensen and Tomori who were probably similar ages and went on loan/bid their time. Fair enough it was different managers etc but he could have been more patient or have gone to a more sensible club than Liverpool after us, hes 22 and has a poor goal return in the top flight, 1 PL goal in 3 seasons where he has played maybe 40 times, his most prolific spell was a loan spell at Vitesse too. Not saying he would of absolutely made it here or at Liverpool but to think after being the best player at an U20 World Cup means anything hugely important outside of the U20s, meh I don't know. I still think that the PL needs to bridge the gap between the u23s and the first team to help. He still has plenty time but Bournemouth have got decent enough strikers who are scoring in the PL that I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the move again in the next year or so. 

Perhaps. But again, I think he will be kicking himself looking at Ruben, Tammy, Mason, Christensen and Tomori who were probably similar ages and went on loan/bid their time. Fair enough it was different managers etc but he could have been more patient or have gone to a more sensible club than Liverpool after us, hes 22 and has a poor goal return in the top flight, 1 PL goal in 3 seasons where he has played maybe 40 times, his most prolific spell was a loan spell at Vitesse too. Not saying he would of absolutely made it here or at Liverpool but to think after being the best player at an U20 World Cup means anything hugely important outside of the U20s, meh I don't know. I still think that the PL needs to bridge the gap between the u23s and the first team to help. He still has plenty time but Bournemouth have got decent enough strikers who are scoring in the PL that I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on the move again in the next year or so. 

I think it mainly came down to wanting more money and the club not buckling unlike CHO or believing he wasn't worth it.

Ibe is still grinding out a living at Bournemouth, so I doubt they will part way with him in the near future tbh.

• 9 months later...