Dominic Solanke

Fulham Broadway

Did people just not pay attention to the fact he scored 3 open goals in 30 appearances in all competitions on loan at Vitesse? He's a striker. Lewis Baker is more prolific.

Even Lucas Piazon is superior.

Yes, Solanke will be better there than he would have been here. No, he won't be any better than Jermaine Beckford. He was the absolute bottom of the barrel in terms of the youth teams he played in. Every player around him was dynamic, with so much to offer. Solanke doesn't have one refined trait. Not one. All he'll develop is a decent strike & the movement of Costa if he's lucky.

This is how annoyed I am at us losing a bad player to a rival; I can't even remember or imagine what I was like over Mata. I swore a lot regarding Cech. I'll be annoyed if any player from any of our youth teams ends up at a rival. WE fed you. OUR club was the one who turned you from an average person living with an average family in an average area into millionaires.

14 minutes ago, manpe said:

I'm inclined to agree with Leif here. How do you score so little as a striker in a league that fooled the world into thinking that Afonso Alves was world class?

That was also about a decade and a half ago, don't forget.

That time in the league there was Davids, Huntelaar, Vertonghen, Sneijder, Stam, Heitinga, Suarez, plus handfulls of defensive walls & great midfielders who controlled the game.

There's not even 3 players in the league now who'll be half of any of those players, maybe 1, and Solanke was still basically the worst forward in the league. He had nobodies to score against. And Baker has taken full advantage of that. Piazon took full advantage of that. This guy couldn't.

Chelsea give these lads a fantastic education up until the point that they need competitive football but then get no chances. Solanke letting his contract run out so that he can leave is a shrewd decision to make, and one that more lads in the academy will make if they know what's good for them. Also there's a lot of revisionism going on in this thread, Solanke has excelled as he's progressed through the age groups and was ahead of Abraham until their loans took them in different directions.

can`t really blame him..he`ll be closer to starting at Scumpool. and Klopp has a long record of starting players younger than we as a club have.i can`t wish him success,as I couldn`t wish Joe Cole success when he went there and he was "one of us" who also contributed alot more towards our success.

I liked Solanke..seemed the ideal prospect in the past to be groomed into the longterm 1 upfront. but alas..great clubs lose good prospects a lot. .

Interesting, no one value him, yet there is so much talk about his move away from the club.

Personally, I thought he might get a sniff for first team action, had really good spell with our young side and didn't have as bad as some people here say, loan at Vitesse. Also it was his first and only loan, imo he should've been loaned out again this season. But I think he and his agent have really big hopes and want to settle somewhere for 1st team football or at least a lot more opportunities than Chelsea can give him, one of the few players who refuse to get into our loan system.
But I don't believe pool is the right choice, yes, Klopp gives actually a lot of chances for youngsters, but a move to Celtic or even RB Leipzig would've been more beneficial for him, imo.

31 minutes ago, King11Didier said:

had really good spell with our young side and didn't have as bad as some people here say, loan at Vitesse. Also it was his first and only loan

Kasey Palmer's loan this season was also his first and only loan.

As was Abraham's.

And they are playing in an, arguably, better league than the Eredeviese.

7 goals in 26 games for a 19 year old in new country - much of that from the bench - is not the disaster that people are making it out to be. For a comparison, Harry Kane scored 5 in 18 at Leyton Orient, 9 in 27 at Millwall, 0 in 5 at Norwich City and 2 in 15 at Leicester City.

7 minutes ago, Jenks6 said:

7 goals in 26 games for a 19 year old in new country - much of that from the bench - is not the disaster that people are making it out to be. For a comparison, Harry Kane scored 5 in 18 at Leyton Orient, 9 in 27 at Millwall, 0 in 5 at Norwich City and 2 in 15 at Leicester City.

He was actually 18 in his season on loan at Vitesse. Just turned 18. So yeah not as bad as making people out but you still think with how highly rated he was, he would have set the league alight a bit more.