Dominic Solanke

Fulham Broadway

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
10 hours ago, scargo said:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2242770/chelsea-transfer-news-dominic-solanke-could-leave-blues-contract-talks-stall/

according to the Sun, contract negotiations between Chelsea and the highly rated Englishman have stalled.  

Again his wage demand must be high 

What is wrong with these kids and their wage demands? Solanke has never played a full game for the first team so he should aware of his real worth. I know the price of accommodation  in London is insane but I'm sure he can get along with his current wage just fine. Earn your place in the team, and then earn a higher wage.

There should be a wage cap for young players. I don't see any reason why an under 20-year old player would need to earn more than £15k-£20k. With the current trend, the club might as well just buy senior back-up players as it is getting too expensive to keep so many unproven overpaid youngsters in the books.

13 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

What is wrong with these kids and their wage demands? Solanke has never played a full game for the first team so he should aware of his real worth. I know the price of accommodation  in London is insane but I'm sure he can get along with his current wage just fine. Earn your place in the team, and then earn a higher wage.

There should be a wage cap for young players. I don't see any reason why an under 20-year old player would need to earn more than £15k-£20k. With the current trend, the club might as well just buy senior back-up players as it is getting too expensive to keep so many unproven overpaid youngsters in the books.

There's nothing wrong with them. There's nothing wrong with the clubs either. There's so much money in the game now. Juniors (their agents) just want a small chunk of it - and even if they take obscene amount for such young age it's still reasonable to invest in them - if someone will go into first team it's instant hit. Look at Chalobah. Back in 2013 he was offered (apparently) 30k/a week and that was huge. Many said that's too much. But look at this now. There's no transfer fee for him and his wages are modest compared to other first team players. So he's cheap squad player who otherwise would cost 20m and 2-3 times the wages. And even then you'd hardly find someone who's homegrown as well ...

That's not to say that Solanke alone is worth it - IMHO he's not. I don't rate him. He should only be kept to be cash cow in the future.

But you get the point.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How come that no club agree terms with him yet? because all he has left is 6 months to his contract, so it is possible to start negotiate with other clubs, and it's look like he doesn't have any chance staying here after all the problems he made wishing for a 50K a week... 

How come that no club agree terms with him yet? because all he has left is 6 months to his contract, so it is possible to start negotiate with other clubs, and it's look like he doesn't have any chance staying here after all the problems he made wishing for a 50K a week... 

I think you have to be a certain age to be able to do that. I want to say the rule is you have to be like 23 or 25. I could be wrong though

7 hours ago, Miguelito said:

I think you have to be a certain age to be able to do that. I want to say the rule is you have to be like 23 or 25. I could be wrong though

No, i think the issue is if he goes to an english club (now and not at the end of the season) they will need to pay us something like 500K Betterment fees as far as i know.

• 2 weeks later...

I've watched this guy when he was at Vitesse: nothing special. Has nothing to become our main #9 or even Liverpool's #9.

Let him go to Liverpool. Can't be arsed. Look how well his predecessor Sturridge is doing there teehee.