Man United v Chelsea

Jase

There are loads of reasons for everyone's confidence to be up for this, its Man Utd!! We all want to win it and positive energy is always better than negative energy!

Exactly. Like what Jose said in the Presser....Top of the Table...Still Unbeaten...Players are on form....Many reasons to be confident for this match.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who says I'm being negative? Am (cautiously) confident about this game. Was just saying with people expecting so much, it's gonna hit hard if we get a disappointing result. That's all.

If we lose, we lose... This is the first season ever that I feel like every game we play we should win, its taken some getting used to but we're that good this year. Expectations are high mainly because the quality of the football has been exceptional so early into the campaign, we have good momentum.

Nothing is set in stone, if it were we wouldn't have to play the games. I will only be disappointed if we lose not resembling the side we've been this year, if we show up to Old Trafford and don't show the same desire to get a result as we have in every game this season that will be a letdown. After that I just enjoy this team too much to let a setback get me down.

If we lose, we lose... This is the first season ever that I feel like every game we play we should win, its taken some getting used to but we're that good this year. Expectations are high mainly because the quality of the football has been exceptional so early into the campaign, we have good momentum.

Nothing is set in stone, if it were we wouldn't have to play the games. I will only be disappointed if we lose not resembling the side we've been this year, if we show up to Old Trafford and don't show the same desire to get a result as we have in every game this season that will be a letdown. After that I just enjoy this team too much to let a setback get me down.

But there's a difference between having expectations and being confident AND having ridiculous expectations and being overconfident. Am sure you can see some of the latter in this thread's posts.

But there's a difference between having expectations and being confident AND having ridiculous expectations and being overconfident. Am sure you can see some of the latter in this thread's posts.

Isn't it about time we are overconfident in a big game away from home under Jose though...this is the real 1st opportunity for Jose to show the world that he has evolved over the years and not just having this 'philosophy' of bus parking and trying not to lose a big away game at any cost. You could say City away was the 1 but we didn't lose so some people were still calm. However if we go in with the conservative approach no one will be surprised, it shows that from now on you can just expect a draw at best in most big away games.

So imo this is Jose's final chance to show that he can play good football in big games away from home, something he has been criticized for over the year and pretty much his only flaw for me. Maybe we will go for it and lose 2-1 thanks to a Di Maria MOTM performance, that is fine as long as we lost fair and square and they are the better team on the day.

What do we expect? just routine 1 point and a draw as success? you could argue that is minimum requirement and not expectation considering the contrast between 2 squads.

Isn't it about time we are overconfident in a big game away from home under Jose though...this is the real 1st opportunity for Jose to show the world that he has evolved over the years and not just having this 'philosophy' of bus parking and trying not to lose a big away game at any cost. You could say City away was the 1 but we didn't lose so some people were still calm. However if we go in with the conservative approach no one will be surprised, it shows that from now on you can just expect a draw at best in most big away games.

So imo this is Jose's final chance to show that he can play good football in big games away from home, something he has been criticized for over the year and pretty much his only flaw for me. Maybe we will go for it and lose 2-1 thanks to a Di Maria MOTM performance, that is fine as long as we lost fair and square and they are the better team on the day.

What do we expect? just routine 1 point and a draw as success? you could argue that is minimum requirement and not expectation considering the contrast between 2 squads.

Think next time I should just mention the word 'cockiness' in that initial post rather than trying to being polite and speak in between the lines with 'high expectations'...

I'm 100 percent sure somethings wrong with Costa, I just hope it isn't serious. No way would Jose leave him out against Palace espically considering they beat us last season.

Also the press wouldn't just start random rumors he is in hospital or the club taking him there for no reason but to fool everyone. Mind game mostly rely on words, never to actual action so yep it is concerning.

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer now20 seconds ago

Spain's NT Dr. Juan Cota - "Costa didn't pick an injury whilst on international duty despite Jose Mourinho's accusations" #CFC (IBTimesUK)

ChelsTransferGossip @ChelsTransfer now14 seconds ago

Spain NT Dr. Juan Cota: Costa indeed was treated by the physios [like every other player] & didn't have any limitation to exercise (IBTimes)

He is not lying for sure. I think his hamstring is fine from then until now. It is the stomach bug or viral problem after the Luxembourg, which is unexpected, who made Costa unavailable, and it is true.

I will be much more relaxed if City somehow drops points tomorrow.

On paper we should beat MU no matter who is starting as our striker, but it's a potential banana skin game so I'm not feeling as confident as I probably should be.

When would you play him then?

Costa and Remy are both injured, instead of playing a young, promising striker we should instead opt for a false 9..? Pep started a 17 year old CM for five or so games when all his midfielders were injured and he was one of their best players, look at Sterling and Januzaj etc. Why is he in our squad if we're not going to play him? For all those saying Drogba should play, fair shout, but IMO he's far too slow and rusty, we're obviously going to hit them on the counter so we need pace.

Also have to say, i'm loving all the Sarcastic/Condescending replies...

Drogba maybe older, but he is experienced, this is NOT the game to give a just turned 17 year old his first start!

Even if you look at the current form of both teams, a Chelsea win is a realistic expectation. And based on our offense against their defense so far this season, it's fair to say they will concede at least 2 goals.

We need to go all out for the win here. It's about maximising our lead at the top of the table so that we have a good cushion once the busy Christmas season comes around.