Raheem Sterling

RoyalBlues

Liverpool owners, Fenway Sports, have reiterated today that they wont let him go. We know this is bollocks but if they stand firm – as they did with Arsenal over Suárez – it will cost Sterling more than £3m in lost wages given his rejection of a £100,000-a-week contract.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't be daft, a guy like Oscar gets plenty of games for us. Sterling would start 35+ for us easily.

How about I make you a bet?

I bet you that if Sterling moves to Chelsea or City he will not start more than a third of the matches. If that turns out to be true, you won't say a single word about Oscar all season. Name what you'd want from me if that turns out to be false...

He's a fantastic talent and I think he'd do well for us but if the desperate Manc duos are in running I can't see us getting in the tug of war. Someone would have to break the British transfer record or get near to it to get him.

We need the best englishmen to carry on being the best team in England. Sterling is young and already an international, I can't think of any other English player who ticks as many boxes in terms of our style as Raheem. Also if he asks to leave, which he will do, there is no way the fee will be 50m. At 20 yrs old he still has his entire career ahead of him there is no way Liverpool would turn down good money out of spite

One thing is certain. Liverpool will never ever sell him to United. So i reckon he will end up at City, Arsenal or Bayern. I heard from a friend who is a massive supporter of Bayern they want to get him there so wouldn't surprise me one bit.

We need the best englishmen to carry on being the best team in England. Sterling is young and already an international, I can't think of any other English player who ticks as many boxes in terms of our style as Raheem. Also if he asks to leave, which he will do, there is no way the fee will be 50m. At 20 yrs old he still has his entire career ahead of him there is no way Liverpool would turn down good money out of spite

Agree, from all English players, I am gonna take Kane and Sterling only at the moment.

if we want English players why not just sign Defoe as Costa's back up? or convince Cole to come back and cover for Azpi should Luis leave? (ok i'm entering fantasy land now.)

it isn't deep. there's no need to blow tens of millions on a player because he'd fit the HG quota. why not sign a random 19 year old that's English for 300k, sign Pedro for 7m and save around 30m?

if we want English players why not just sign Defoe as Costa's back up? or convince Cole to come back and cover for Azpi should Luis leave? (ok i'm entering fantasy land now.)

it isn't deep. there's no need to blow tens of millions on a player because he'd fit the HG quota. why not sign a random 19 year old that's English for 300k, sign Pedro for 7m and save around 30m?

What you seem to be missing is Sterling is actually good! Its not blowing tens of millions on a HG player, its using our resources to acquire one of England's best young players. And what is this fascination with Pedro???? He's been a bench player his entire career! Why do you want him??? So weird.

What you seem to be missing is Sterling is actually good! Its not blowing tens of millions on a HG player, its using our resources to acquire one of England's best young players. And what is this fascination with Pedro???? He's been a bench player his entire career! Why do you want him??? So weird.

His entire career? He made the first team in 08/09, became a starter in 09/10 and lost his place in the first XI after Neymar's arrival.

This Sterling saga is hilarious btw. You'd think Messi handed in a transfer request looking at all the attention, stories and drama.

His contract ends in the next year, ¿right? So, 50m for the trade is absurd.

For a right price, it's a good signing, actually. Fits perfectly in this team. And, obviously, he can be something bigger with Mou.

His entire career? He made the first team in 08/09, became a starter in 09/10 and lost his place in the first XI after Neymar's arrival.

This Sterling saga is hilarious btw. You'd think Messi handed in a transfer request looking at all the attention, stories and drama.

He was hardly an integral part of their team...

It is pretty funny, one of England's best players becomes available and the top English clubs want him... So hilarious.

Pedro is good some time ago, not so sure about now. At the moment, if I may choose I prefer Sterling over Pedro, money aside. He is still 20 and English. While Pedro is 27 near 28 and not so sure he will fit in well in PL immediately.

He was hardly an integral part of their team...

It is pretty funny, one of England's best players becomes available and the top English clubs want him... So hilarious.

Yeah, scoring goals in finals and numerous big games is child's play of course. Pedro was very important in their set up. Not as a star man, but as a player understanding his role and sacrificing himself for his team. I think he has over 50 caps for Spain as well. Quite an achievement for a player who's been on the bench for his entire career.

I was talking about his agent's big mouth and everybody getting on his case for wanting to leave... so, so sensitive.

Yeah, scoring goals in finals and numerous big games is child's play of course. Pedro was very important in their set up. Not as a star man, but as a player understanding his role and sacrificing himself for his team. I think he has over 50 caps for Spain as well. Quite an achievement for a player who's been on the bench for his entire career.

I was talking about his agent's big mouth and everybody getting on his case for wanting to leave... so, so sensitive.

Again, Pedro is just another player not someone who will make a huge difference... If you think otherwise that's your prerogative. I don't see him as anything more than a squad player.

You surely didn't sound like you were talking about his agent, especially when you make reference to Messi.. Perhaps you should be more clear with your posts?

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You