Petr Cech

eldo

Lol, even if Courtois was set to be #1.. Mourinho wouldn't list Cech for transfer. Plus he's not just going to hand the #1 shirt to Courtois. He's going to play him and make him prove he deserves it, then he'll ask Cech if he wants to fight for it. It's not like we sold Cudicini straight away.

Mourinho obviously won't stand in Cech's way, should he want to leave, but he can be persuasive in getting him to stay.

http://sillyseason.com/football/premier-league/chelsea-fc/breaking-petr-cech-set-leave-chelsea

BREAKING: Petr Cech set to leave Chelsea
Mourinho plans to sell long standing keeper

Petr Cech is set to leave Chelsea his summer, according to reports in the Daily Star.

The 32 year old shot stopper has been at Chelsea since 2004, however he is set to leave Chelsea this summer, as Mournho looks for a fresh approach within his squad. [..]

[..] with Thibault Courtois ready to replace him as number one keeper.

The Belgium international enjoyed a superb season on loan at Atletico Madrid, and has convinced Jose Mourinho that he is the right man.

The URL of that source defines exactly what this is, 'SillySeason.com'

http://sillyseason.com/football/premier-league/chelsea-fc/breaking-petr-cech-set-leave-chelsea

Petr Cech is set to leave Chelsea his summer, according to reports in the Daily Star.

The 32 year old shot stopper has been at Chelsea since 2004, however he is set to leave Chelsea this summer, as Mournho looks for a fresh approach within his squad. [..]

The Belgium international enjoyed a superb season on loan at Atletico Madrid, and has convinced Jose Mourinho that he is the right man.

sillyseason (unreliable) + daily star (unreliable) = reliable :)

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst i believe Courtois is the longterm first team GK in waiting,i expect him to have some problems in his first season here so would want us to keep Cech for 1 more season for that reason (and a few others)

Cech is apparently likely to miss the start of the season,so Courtois can start the season and we take it from there.

We let Courtois go on loan in World cup year when it would have been better for us to have him in our squad instead of Schwarzer.

We have employed Cech for 10 years on high wages and given him the oppurtunities to play in many big games and win alot of medals.

Both of them should atleast be prepared to compete for one year.

Both would want to play and I do not think the club will use the Real Madrid way of handling keepers. Cech has been a terrific player for us and is obviously a Legend but Courtois is the future now and we must accept that and be really excited about it.

The club let Lampard and Cole leave so it won't surprise me if they let yet another legend leave. Whats important is that we all understand that these changes are being made for the best of the club. Goodbyes are a bitch but its time to continue the legacy with younger players.

Legend no doubt, top level GK no doubt, big personality no doubt, but Courtois is our future and arguably better than Cech already. It's a tough decision to make and I'm just glad I'm not Jose. Whatever the outcome would be thank you big Pete for everything you have given to our fans.

Courtois is coming as no.1 next season. There is really no doubt. Next season is make or brake for Jose, and with Cech even in doubt for beggining of the season I don't think that Jose will play Schwarzer(or maybe Blackman :D) until Cech's fit. And there is no guarantee that Cech is going to perform after the injury, and with us going literally for the treble, there is too much risk.

Courtois is coming as no.1 next season. There is really no doubt. Next season is make or brake for Jose, and with Cech even in doubt for beggining of the season I don't think that Jose will play Schwarzer(or maybe Blackman :D) until Cech's fit. And there is no guarantee that Cech is going to perform after the injury, and with us going literally for the treble, there is too much risk.

I wouldn't say theres no doubt. Petr Cech is the finest goalkeeper this club has ever had, and he's still an exceptional goalkeeper at a great age. They are both top goalkeepers, both world class, but many would argue Petr's experience gives him the nod. In my eyes it comes down to Jose's preference, but either way we're clearly in safe hands.