Petr Cech

eldo

What if we sell Petr and Courtois turns out to be a failure in the Premier League? It's a very very tough choice and I hope the men in charge will make the best decision.

What if suddenly pigs could fly and one hits Courtois straight in the eyes during his first match, rendering him blind?

What if suddenly you would stop being an arrogant prick?

Oh come on, it was funny. :P

I'm just saying that the chances are very slim Courtois would suddenly forget how to be a goalkeeper. Too slim for poor Cech to stay at Chelsea and waste a season on the bench while he could probably sign a contract in any of the major leagues...

Oh come on, it was funny. :P

I'm just saying that the chances are very slim Courtois would suddenly forget how to be a goalkeeper. Too slim for poor Cech to stay at Chelsea and waste a season on the bench while he could probably sign a contract in any of the major leagues...

Ok, I'm sorry, I got easily irritated.

It's not about Courtois forgetting how to be a goalkeeper. It's about the choice that these people in our board have to make. On one side, you have Courtois, great prospect, proved to be huge for Atletico in Spain AND UCL. On the other side, you have Cech, Chelsea's finest in its history. He's not too old, he's not even getting worse. It's pretty clear that we can't have both of them, just like you said, so we have to choose one. It is a huge huge decision and I think there is a very tiny possibility (tiny, but still real) that Courtois would not adapt here and would need at least a season, like De Gea did. Imagine if he has a few bad games. Everyone would start asking 'why did they sell Cech?'. What I'm saying is that this is a win-win, but also a lose-lose situation for the club. Yes, you get to have one of the best GKs in the world, but at the same time you also get to lose one of them. And the future is unpredictable. I'm happy that I'm not the one to make this choice :lol:

http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/22/thibaut-courtois-returns-to-chelsea-petr-cech-will-be-sold-says-belgium-boss-marc-wilmots-4771857/

So Belgium coach knew that Cech probably will be sold. Okay, I understand that.

Anyway, that info must be comes from Courtois himself?

Does he talk as much as Lukaku?

No one talks as much as Lukaku, he needs his own chat show. :Goober:

To be fair to Lukaku he's still a young player so hopefully he'll learn to keep it brief with the press. But the Belgium manager is a grown man leaking things he's been told in private, presumably by Courtois.

Cech having to read this stuff is :no:

On the chelsea player list: Cech number 1, no mention of Courtois

You'll notice that Courtois is listed under the 'On Loan Players' section. Those players and pictures you see upon clicking 'Players and Staff' are those who have made first team appearances for us. Hence, why the likes of Romeu, Moses, Marin (despite having being sent out on loan) are all in there but not Courtois.

yeah but Lampard and Cole are also there, so it's hardly conclusive.

Well, technically, they are under contract with us till 30th June. Suspect they'll be removed shortly after today.

There's a shocker! If he leaves Chelsea he will most likely be between the posts for Real Madrid or Barcelona. He's still in the top 3 keepers in the world with Buffon and Neuer.

There's a shocker! If he leaves Chelsea he will most likely be between the posts for Real Madrid or Barcelona. He's still in the top 3 keepers in the world with Buffon and Neuer.

PSG are already very strong team, they have showed it in the last two seasons. Monaco are also a great club, and who wouldn't like to live there? Also, Cech played in France for two years, perhaps he it's appealing to him to go back there.

Barceona have already signed two goalkeepers so it's very unlikely.

Sirigu is good, but Cech is better.

RM needs a goalkeeper. Both Lopez and Casillas are not good anymore and would be a perfect stop gap until De Gea returns to RM potentially

Barcelona seems unlikely.

Milan needs a gk

Sirigu is good, but Cech is better.

RM needs a goalkeeper. Both Lopez and Casillas are not good anymore and would be a perfect stop gap until De Gea returns to RM potentially

Barcelona seems unlikely.

Milan needs a gk

Cechs agent said italy is not an option, and De Gea comes from Atletico, not Real.