Petr Cech

eldo

Monaco set to move for Cech

https://eurosport.yahoo.com/news/football-monaco-set-move-cech-091155864--sow.

html
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/foo...ourtois-return

http://www.le10sport.com/football/me...ligue-1-155868

According to Mundo Deportivo, Petr Cech could replace Victor Valdes at Monaco after the #FCB goalkeeper failed his medical. #CFC

Since last June, #AFC, #PSG & #ASMonaco were interested in Cech but it seems Monaco has won the race for his services (Mundo Deportivo) #CFC

When Cech Returns?

Rumour said that Petr Cech will be flying out to Austria with the rest of the squad on Monday as his recovery is ahead of schedule, however he is not expected to participate in any of the matches.

Take with a pinch of salt, it might be wrong though.

Petr Cech dislocated his shoulder in the game away to Atletico Madrid on 22 April. He successfully underwent surgery on 7 May and was able to train with the other players on the first day of pre-season training on 9 July.

Like you said he's been training, but no need to rush him back just for meaningless friendlies in preseason. I expect he'll play the final 2-3 matches of preseason.

Petr is simply too good to be benched this season regardless of what Courtois does. Two world class keepers fighting it out for one spot hardly ever works. I'll like to see us hold out for a season at least but the time to bid farewell to one of the best keepers of all time might come pretty sooner than expected.

its a tough call .. I would go for Courtois ,, but then Id really like to rotate them for a year

I'd love for them to be able to rotate but in this case I don't think either would like it, and goalkeepers tend not to rotate well they are better off playing week in week out.

As much as I love Cech, Courtois is the only answer. He is one of the best goalkeepers in the world but is still incredibly young.

Cech may be able to play till he's 40 like Marky mark, which gives him another 8 years but if you go by that logic Courtois has 18 years. Cech is the past and possibly the present but Courtois is the future and should be the present.

It's simple but heartbreaking for me.

Courtois is 10 years younger with immense potential and already very high skill. Cech has

a history with injuries and with 32 years decision is simple. Chelsea comes before anything else meaning that for me we go with Courtois... :(

its a tough call .. I would go for Courtois ,, but then Id really like to rotate them for a year

It would be a bad decision in my opinion. A top team need to have a charismatic nr1 who controls the defenders.

I remember when we signed Cech in 2004.. Most people didn't know who he was and no one thought that Cudicini would be benched but Mourinho gave the chance for that 22 years old goalkeeper and he broke a lot of records in his first year. I think he José should do the same now...

Many goalkeepers play in the highest level at the age of 36-40, but Cech has suffered so many injuries: head, knee, shoulder, ankle.. To be honest he is not as good as he was a few years ago.

Courtois is 22 and has already won so much trophies.. He is the best young goalkeeper in the world. We need that change. Cech has won everything with Chelsea, we need fresh young faces now. It's painful to think about get rid of him especially after Lamps and Cole left us but I think this is the right choice. We need to thank Petr the last 10 years and go on building a new young team.

Opta comparison between Petr and Thibaut over the past three seasons (till September 2013).

BrpOqDBCYAAliq7.jpg

Data until September 2013 can't be counted as a whole season. It means until two seasons ago Cech was better... currently is anyone's guess as Thibaut had his best season so far and probably improved those stats... then again so could have Petr