Petr Cech

eldo

Sometimes, it's just hard find to reason to excuse him of his brainfart moment like today. Only not too long ago, he allowed a weak shot to went past him against West Brom and now this. Had he stayed in his normal position and doubt we would have lost the game at all. The blunder totally swung the game in Stoke's favor.

Next season the right decision would be letting Courtois in to compete with Cech.

Having two world class keeper isn't practical. Yes have a decent one to keep Cech and Courtois on their toe's like Schwarzer, but competition in goal is different to outfield.

Having two world class keeper isn't practical. Yes have a decent one to keep Cech and Courtois on their toe's like Schwarzer, but competition in goal is different to outfield.

I was going to say just replace Cech, but I dont know if he would leave that easily.. I think he might want to stay and still play some games for us, maybe even give Courtois some tips or whatever.

I see the apologists are out in full............

I would like to thank them all oh so very muchly for all their sincere words that represent 'humble pie' - it's ok I won't hold my breath for an apology, they are clearly out of my league when it comes to discussing knowledge of the beautiful game so I bow to their superiority - bunch of narcisstic arrogant bully boy's.

Pathetic, ludicrous, ridiculous, bullshit, blown out proportion, isolated incidents, WTF, exaggeration, illogical were just some of the shit being thrown at me for what? Little ole me speaking out of turn and going against the protagonist's.......ironically some of these are now calling for Cech's head - you simply cannot make this up!

Good job I trust my own judgement and will continue to do so, I hope Jose now does the honourable thing and drops the great man to reinvigorate him so that he comes back with a freshness that will energize his performances, the very same can be said with a few outfield players too.

I would like to thank them all oh so very muchly for all their sincere words that represent 'humble pie' - it's ok I won't hold my breath for an apology, they are clearly out of my league when it comes to discussing knowledge of the beautiful game so I bow to their superiority - bunch of narcisstic arrogant bully boy's.

Pathetic, ludicrous, ridiculous, bullshit, blown out proportion, isolated incidents, WTF, exaggeration, illogical were just some of the shit being thrown at me for what? Little ole me speaking out of turn and going against the protagonist's.......ironically some of these are now calling for Cech's head - you simply cannot make this up!

Good job I trust my own judgement and will continue to do so, I hope Jose now does the honourable thing and drops the great man to reinvigorate him so that he comes back with a freshness that will energize his performances, the very same can be said with a few outfield players too.

I'll hold my hand up and say that right now, I'd drop him for Schwarzer.

I'll hold my hand up and say that right now, I'd drop him for Schwarzer.

Really? He did one thing wrong, other than that and that horrible throw out to Eto'o vs Everton that was in the build up to their goal.... hes done nothing wrong. I wouldn't drop Petr, he made a stupid mistake but it was ONE, its not like he made 3 or 4 in the same game.

Really? He did one thing wrong, other than that and that horrible throw out to Eto'o vs Everton that was in the build up to their goal.... hes done nothing wrong. I wouldn't drop Petr, he made a stupid mistake but it was ONE, its not like he made 3 or 4 in the same game.

Man City and West Brom as well.

I still wouldn't drop him because we don't have anyone better at the club....right now. But Courtois is pencilled in for the starting spot next season.

Why Cech was superb in the past was that he could just be a spectator for long periods but never lost his concentration and would pull off a great save when suddenly

called on .. This season has been different he has let in a few goals I would have expected him to save. This is not just the Stoke game

I unequivocally agree. Cech needs to have a good, long think over his performances. I'm one of his biggest fans - he is the reason I am a goalkeeper after all - and the man nearly died putting his own life on the line for the club. He is our greatest-ever goalkeeper and one of the best players ever to wear a Chelsea jersey - he is a Chelsea legend. He has had dips in his form before, let us not forget - and each time he has arguably come back stronger. A spell on the bench is what he needs to realize his position is not guaranteed, and he will come back stronger than ever.

I also totally agree it is 100% premature for people to be calling for his head. He is still one of the world's best goalkeepers. There seems to be an endemic of goalkeeping brainfarts in the Premier League at the minute - Cech and Lloris are, arguably, the two best stoppers in the division and they've been utterly abysmal the last few weeks. Joe Hart is another top keeper who is having a bad time of things, and Mignolet can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money at the minute. Maybe there's something in the water.

I am 100% behind Petr, but replacing him for a short while with Mark will do him well - it will give him the competition he needs to up his performances, and it will give him a bit of a rest. People say goalkeepers shouldn't need a rest, but trust me, having a busy afternoon in goal can be quite exhausting. Every athlete needs time for recovery, and I think Big Pete needs to knuckle down in training to earn his place in the side, because at the moment he isn't doing so. José has a big call to make, but I would personally say the correct one right now would be to play Schwarzer and remind Petr that his position is certainly not infallible.

I unequivocally agree. Cech needs to have a good, long think over his performances. I'm one of his biggest fans - he is the reason I am a goalkeeper after all - and the man nearly died putting his own life on the line for the club. He is our greatest-ever goalkeeper and one of the best players ever to wear a Chelsea jersey - he is a Chelsea legend. He has had dips in his form before, let us not forget - and each time he has arguably come back stronger. A spell on the bench is what he needs to realize his position is not guaranteed, and he will come back stronger than ever.

I also totally agree it is 100% premature for people to be calling for his head. He is still one of the world's best goalkeepers. There seems to be an endemic of goalkeeping brainfarts in the Premier League at the minute - Cech and Lloris are, arguably, the two best stoppers in the division and they've been utterly abysmal the last few weeks. Joe Hart is another top keeper who is having a bad time of things, and Mignolet can't keep a clean sheet for love nor money at the minute. Maybe there's something in the water.

I am 100% behind Petr, but replacing him for a short while with Mark will do him well - it will give him the competition he needs to up his performances, and it will give him a bit of a rest. People say goalkeepers shouldn't need a rest, but trust me, having a busy afternoon in goal can be quite exhausting. Every athlete needs time for recovery, and I think Big Pete needs to knuckle down in training to earn his place in the side, because at the moment he isn't doing so. José has a big call to make, but I would personally say the correct one right now would be to play Schwarzer and remind Petr that his position is certainly not infallible.

All that and no mention of Courtois.

The fact that Jose is in charge might be the only reason Cech is still number one next season.We'll probably sell Courtois to Barca....or loan him to Everton.

No player should be allowed to continue based on his previous performances.

Cech had blundered in this season in more games than in the previous 2 years combined.

Does Jose have a better at the moment ? No, he does not.

I still say, Courtois is the future for next season.

I find it hilarious, a few pages ago, everyone was saying how magnificent Cech is and how lucky we are have him, he has a few minor blips and hes rubbish, lets get someone else. I do despair sometimes, how about you all look at how many games, he has kept us in them, many wonderful saves.

Get a clue people, who are we City, benching a very good keeper, for a few mistakes. I am sorry its pathetic. God Utd still have DeGea in goal :doh:

I find it hilarious, a few pages ago, everyone was saying how magnificent Cech is and how lucky we are have him, he has a few minor blips and hes rubbish, lets get someone else. I do despair sometimes, how about you all look at how many games, he has kept us in them, many wonderful saves.

Get a clue people, who are we City, benching a very good keeper, for a few mistakes. I am sorry its pathetic. God Utd still have DeGea in goal :doh:

I don't see anyone calling him rubbish ,, just some justly critical of his present form. As the saying form is temporary and Class is permanent,, I hope we soon

see a return to CLASS.. Next season there may well be a change in the whole situation . But its a long time to next August.