Petr Cech

eldo

Courtois is the best keeper in La Liga in my opinion (Casillas is severely overrated as is Valdes - sure both are/were great goalkeepers but recently not as good as Thibaut has been) and hes 21 or 22 years old. Cech is undoubtedly world class and better than Thibaut right now but who says that it won't' change within a year or two?

Cech is either going to go next summer or the one after for sure. We'd be ridiculous to keep Cech as our first choice and let a young guy of Courtois' quality leave/rot on the bench instead... Cech is in his early 30s and Courtois is 21 or 22 or whatever, he has time to play at Chelsea for 10+ years similar to what Petr has done. Courtois is the perfect successor to Cech. I can't see Cech wanting to be a second choice GK either if he stays while Courtois is first choice. Not a chance. Someone of his quality needs to be playing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are we even discussing selling one of our best players again??

While i agree with your sentiments, for aslong as both on our books, their is going to be debate on who is the long term number 1 we can't really get away from the fact that shortly we are going to have to decide on which world class keeper is playing for the immediate and long term future.

While i agree with your sentiments, for aslong as both on our books, their is going to be debate on who is the long term number 1 we can't really get away from the fact that shortly we are going to have to decide on which world class keeper is playing for the immediate and long term future.

But people are degrading cech's ability just to make a case for courtois in courtois thread. That's what's not nice.

Cech still makes more saves per match than courtois, its not like cech is now at valdes level?

But people are degrading cech's ability just to make a case for courtois in courtois thread. That's what's not nice.

Cech still makes more saves per match than courtois, its not like cech is now at valdes level?

Your right about that one, i nearly chocked on my dinner when i saw someone say he makes a lot of mistakes these days.

Your right about that one, i nearly chocked on my dinner when i saw someone say he makes a lot of mistakes these days.

I spilled my drink actually, when I saw when people were criticizing cech for his mistakes for the past few seasons(which included the best goal keeping champions lge peformance in 2012 and one of the best shots to save ratio in the league last season.)

He's still 31, he won't fade till 5 seasons at worst. Its a difficult situation for courtois, but its not our fault that cech is still bossing things

Its a hard decision but I'm glad Jose will be the one making it in the summer.

He can keep Cech and have Thibaut stay as well to compete with him, at least he gets a season to see Courtois himself in person and make a judgement if he feels he's ready to move Cech on or whatever.

Jose won't back down from making a decision, look at what he did to Casillas, just because Jose was here before and Cech was his number 1 then it doesn't mean when Thibaut comes back, he won't drop Petr if he reckons hes not the best GK at the club.

Petr was a calming influence on us today ,he is brilliant and we should not take him for granted a real Chelsea man and a big voice in the dressing room and lifter of spirits when the going got tough during our period of unstable management, Courtais somehow needs to be persuaded to stay out on loan for another couple of seasons because we need to keep him for the future. Hopefully our Belgian contingent will talk too him and tell him to bide his time . However Petr is nowhere near ready to be replaced.

He was brilliant today. Saved us on numerous occasions.

The best thing about Petr, is that he seems to come up with the biggest saves when we need them the most. The amount of times each season that he comes up with incredible saves to change the outcome of the game is just ridiculous.