Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its hard to imagine Wenger changing his style of play but if they play as cavalier as they have in recent matches it will play right into what we do better than any team in Europe at the moment.

We've scored 15 goals from open play this year which represents a third of the amount we got last season (44). When I watched the Tottenham game all I kept thinking was that midfield is so damn open! if they give Matic, Cesc, Hazard, Willian and Oscar that sort of space to exploit its gonna be nasty! Nevermind that the goal pig is always hungry...

Arsenal will almost have to change the way they play in order to get something out of this, the question is do they possess the players to sit a bit deeper and wait for opportunities to present themselves? I'm not entirely convinced they do with all the injuries they have so it's hard for me not to see Chelsea role them over.

It just looks like the perfect shit storm, what they want to do and like to do plays perfectly into what we want to do and like to do. I just think we're better at executing our game plan than the team Arsene will be forced to field.

I swear I'm looking for ways for Arsenal to pull this off and I am truly at a loss. Its not because we are so much better than they are its because they have so many injuries and don't have anything in the middle to stop us from getting into good positions. I mean Flamini is not terrible but who else is gonna press us hard and win the ball? who is gonna help their FB's deal with Hazard and Willian?

If I were Wenger my team would look something like this:

Szczesny

Chambers Mert Koscielny Gibbs

Flamini

Rosicky Wilshere

Chamberlain Sanchez

Welbeck

It just seems hard to believe they will do this but this side is much more competitive looking than the 4-1-4-1 they will likely role out.

I grabbed this link from the Good Folks on the She End. Also I have been following what gooners have been tweeting about. They are not looking forward to this match. They know what time it is.

This link is better than Alo Alo comedy :P. thanks dude.

Chelsea Legend 11, on 03 Oct 2014 - 03:42 AM, said:

Its hard to imagine Wenger changing his style of play but if they play as cavalier as they have in recent matches it will play right into what we do better than any team in Europe at the moment.

We've scored 15 goals from open play this year which represents a third of the amount we got last season (44). When I watched the Tottenham game all I kept thinking was that midfield is so damn open! if they give Matic, Cesc, Hazard, Willian and Oscar that sort of space to exploit its gonna be nasty! Nevermind that the goal pig is always hungry...

Arsenal will almost have to change the way they play in order to get something out of this, the question is do they possess the players to sit a bit deeper and wait for opportunities to present themselves? I'm not entirely convinced they do with all the injuries they have so it's hard for me not to see Chelsea role them over.

It just looks like the perfect shit storm, what they want to do and like to do plays perfectly into what we want to do and like to do. I just think we're better at executing our game plan than the team Arsene will be forced to field.

I swear I'm looking for ways for Arsenal to pull this off and I am truly at a loss. Its not because we are so much better than they are its because they have so many injuries and don't have anything in the middle to stop us from getting into good positions. I mean Flamini is not terrible but who else is gonna press us hard and win the ball? who is gonna help their FB's deal with Hazard and Willian?

Szczesny

Flamini

Rosicky Wilshere

Chamberlain Sanchez

Welbeck

It just seems hard to believe they will do this but this side is much more competitive looking than the 4-1-4-1 they will likely role out.

Sanchez and Chamberlain will press.

Think they will use this formation:

_________Welbeck

Ozil Wilshere Chamberlain Sanchez

_________Flamini

Gibbs Koscielny Mert Chambers

_________Szczesny

Sanchez and Chamberlain will press.

Think they will use this formation:

_______Welbeck

Ozil Wilshere Chamberlain Sanchez

_________Flamini

Gibbs Koscielny Mert Chambers

________Szczesny

You really think Ozil will play on the flank? Chamberlain will almost assuredly play the wing to mask his inability to track back.

You really think Ozil will play on the flank? Chamberlain will almost assuredly play the wing to mask his inability to track back.

Knowing Wenger, yes. When Ozil plays on the flank, he doesn't really play as a winger anyway, and is usually given a free role, drifting to the centre more often than not. Chamberlain is more combative, so I can see Wenger play him centrally to win the midfield battle. Their midfield would be horribly lightweight with Ozil and Wilshere in the centre and I'm sure both will play.

Knowing Wenger, yes. When Ozil plays on the flank, he doesn't really play as a winger anyway, and is usually given a free role, drifting to the centre more often than not. Chamberlain is more combative, so I can see Wenger play him centrally to win the midfield battle. Their midfield would be horribly lightweight with Ozil and Wilshere in the centre.

I can't see that. If Ramsey or Arteta were available maybe, but they're gonna need pace out on the flanks.

I can't see that. If Ramsey or Arteta were available maybe, but they're gonna need pace out on the flanks.

Yes, they're going to need pace on the flanks, but they would need some muscle in the middle too or Matic would bully the hell out of their central midfielders. Not sure what Wenger would choose, but I can't exclude the possibility of Ozil starting on the wing. It's not like it'd be the first time.

Knowing Wenger, yes. When Ozil plays on the flank, he doesn't really play as a winger anyway, and is usually given a free role, drifting to the centre more often than not. Chamberlain is more combative, so I can see Wenger play him centrally to win the midfield battle. Their midfield would be horribly lightweight with Ozil and Wilshere in the centre and I'm sure both will play.

I think this is a good point. Wenger will at least have given a thought of that once. Must be a nightmare for him dealing with all those injuries year after year.

Szczesny

Flamini

Rosicky Wilshere

Chamberlain Sanchez

Welbeck

Isn't Wilshire hurt? I was thinking it will be Diaby in the middle to replace him.

Isn't Wilshire hurt? I was thinking it will be Diaby in the middle to replace him.

He came on against Galatasaray and will likely start on Sunday. Diaby lacks match fitness he'll likely be made available on the bench but not from the start.