Chelsea v Arsenal

Jase

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So Wenger is going to send his midgets out to "put last season's result right," huh? That should play right into our hands.

They'll probably be super aggressive and full of energy. Their fullbacks will be caught up the pitch and we'll exploit it just like last time. Özil will probably dial it up a notch to prove that they made the right decision to pass on Cesc because of him.

My biggest wish is that we press them like mad and don't allow them to dominate possesion.

I agree Pressing is going to be key we have to press them from the 1st minute they tend to make mistakes under pressure if not allowed to play their game

So Wenger is going to send his midgets out to "put last season's result right," huh? That should play right into our hands.

They'll probably be super aggressive and full of energy. Their fullbacks will be caught up the pitch and we'll exploit it just like last time. Özil will probably dial it up a notch to prove that they made the right decision to pass on Cesc because of him.

My biggest wish is that we press them like mad and don't allow them to dominate possesion.

I really think whichever side is the most patient will be the victor. If Arsenal try and change the way they play to a style they are uncomfortable in(sitting deeper, pressing high) I could see this getting ugly. For Chelsea to win my belief is we have to be more physical but also patient, wait for them to do what they are most accustomed to do which is commit men in the attack. The press should be triggered just inside our own half, invite them to get forward then cut them off at the source... Matic is gonna have to be MotM again.

I really think whichever side is the most patient will be the victor. If Arsenal try and change the way they play to a style they are uncomfortable in(sitting deeper, pressing high) I could see this getting ugly. For Chelsea to win my belief is we have to be more physical but also patient, wait for them to do what they are most accustomed to do which is commit men in the attack. The press should be triggered just inside our own half, invite them to get forward then cut them off at the source... Matic is gonna have to be MotM again.

If we play our best, there is no need to get physical. Of course Nemanja will have to show power in the middle, and the defence as well, but i don't see any need of a physical fight.

If we play our best, there is no need to get physical. Of course Nemanja will have to show power in the middle, and the defence as well, but i don't see any need of a physical fight.

I do.

Brana on Sanchez.

Costa v Mert or Kos

Matic on Wilshere

Terry on Welbeck.

This is a distinct advantage we have and should use.

Wilshere is a good player, and so is Welbeck. both can hurt you if left unmolested, but molesting players is Jose's specialty - that did not come out the way I wanted. :)

Arsenal have way too many players who are works in progress (such as the ones listed above). So, it's less likely they, as well as the entire team, turn up in a tough match like this one. It is still possible though, albeit unlikely, that these young players all have a good showing which would certainly cause us problems, because they are good players.

They have loads of pace, so we will have to play a low defense line, because our CBs are particularly on the slow side. Of course, this is not that simple: if Arsenal scores first, that will make us chase, which would force our defense line up a bit exposing our defense to their pacey players... [must not concede first!]

They are weakest in center mid, which has been the case ever since Gilberto left. They've got nothing on Matic, or even Ramires. Everyone but Wenger sees that, which makes me think he's a quack.