Turkish Airlines rumoured to replace Samsung

Waterfall

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samsung was odd at first, as was adidas. As was Fly Emirates etc etc. Whatever the sponsor is, we'll get used to it.

Just be grateful it isn't something like Wonga or Cash Converters like other PL clubs.

didn't pompey used to have the people who made beanie babies lol.If done right look.ok just depends on design

It's actually funny that companies give big money to already filthy rich clubs to stick their logo on their shirts, and in return the club sells those shirts for obscene prices to regular people in order for them to spread the brand outside the stadium. As a result the brand becomes more popular, the club gets more money, and still sells shirts which value is determined solely on the brands sticked on it. And people gobble it all up, they love it! The shirt business in football is capitalism at its worst. They make a few alterations every season, so that people would want to buy the "new" thing for reasons they can't even explain (zombie consumership). And the club is happy because they just convinced you to give them your hard-earned money to promote the sponsor who gives them tens of millions every year anyway. And of course people are happy because they got the new thing. Actually thinking like that it's a win-win-win for all, errbody happy! Carry on...

I'm going to miss the Samsung logo on our shirts, if we don't sign a new deal with them, as it fits perfectly a football shirt IMO or I don't know, it could be that I got really used to it in the past 9 years. But hey, football is not a fashion show and it's all about the sponsorship money in the end.

It is the main one to replace Samsung? Or Delta replacement?

Hope the deal worth much more money.

If they are shirt sponsors, then they will replace samsung as main. Unless we go with two sponsors on shirt which I hope we dont.

Sponsorship money is the most important thing here, but that being said I can't see myself buying next years' shirt with that ugly logo up front. Suddenly the 2009/2010 home shirt doesn't seem that bad...Hopefully the kit designers will do the most of the situation.

I hope the deal is not a lengthy one and we sign a better one for more money with a prominent company in 2 years.