Turkish Airlines rumoured to replace Samsung

Waterfall

The board wouldn't give a single fuck about FIFA 15 if a film producing company offered us a buck load of money.

Highly unlikely though, banks, insurrance companies and airlines have more money to make a deal with us.

It's not just about games, it's about fans wanting to own what the players wear. If you buy the shirt with 'Sin City 2' on it, but next week it's..'Big Moma's House 3' then your £50 purchase is now out of date. Even if they sold sponsorless shirts, you have the same problem.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not just about games, it's about fans wanting to own what the players wear. If you buy the shirt with 'Sin City 2' on it, but next week it's..'Big Moma's House 3' then your £50 purchase is now out of date. Even if they sold sponsorless shirts, you have the same problem.

You're probably right, but still, it looks cool in my opinion. Atletico Madrid had a sponsor like that about ten years ago, They had Spider Man and xXx on it :)

Don't want them partly because of how they have links to Barca and Dortmund etc. I feel we are a big enough club to have a more exclusive sponsor like Samsung who with the exception of Swindon, don't sponsor another football team to my knowledge.

The beauty of Samsung is how simple the logo is too. It doesn't draw too much attention to itself because it is a word, not imagery. I expect we would go after something non-oil based or energy or something like that because of the money we currently make advertising Samsung products at half time etc.

Audi already have a partnership with us and with their logo done properly (shading instead of flat overlapping 'oooo's it could look quite good I think. We were meant to have Siemens before Samsung. Huawei without the imagery on their logo wouldn't be too offensive, and they are a fast growing company. Honda have a nice typeface too

Samsung also sponsor Bayern Munich and they have a partnership with Juventus, Inter Milan and Olympiakos..

I'm very happy with the change. I always felt the Samsung logo was a bit domineering. Especially with the popularity of their phones

While on holiday, someone told me they liked my Samsung shirt. I was livid

lol

Ok but that's just one opinion. You like Samsung product but dislike Apple while many people thinks conversely. Chelsea have millions of supporters, it's impossible to satisfy everyone.

And why do you think that Turkish Airlines is hideous? Fly Emirates were our sponsor for years, what's the difference?

Fly Emirates is awesome, turkish airlines just isnt. Hence the ''turkish'' word. That wasnt meant offensive to turkey, but we aint no turkish club. I dislike having qatar, turkish, azerbaijan etc sponsor on our shirt. Looks out of place. Unless they offer us similar contract as Chevrolet did to ManU. Then I will take such sponsor too.

Samsung products are everywhere. Pretty much everyone in football also knows we have that sponsor. Its all about that. But Samsung gave us a realy lame contract in today circumstances. Probably we look for more, Samsung will offer the same or simply leave the football sponsoring, they are already big enough to do it elsewhere.

Personaly I would love Sony, but its not going to happen. Just a cool brand who will fork big money and Im happy.

That's fucking awful, Fifa would forever be out of date.. Fifa 15 gets released and our shirt would already be expired.

Not to mention the fact it's small-time and we'd have shitty rom coms and crappy mainstream movies on there.

Thats what updates are for...EA can put pretty much anything in update (remember they updated brazil club kits in fifa13 after they got license). And Im sure if they put boots out every month, they would update our kits too. After all PL went fully licensed this year and they would certainly keep Chelsea updated. Few years ago not, but nowdays they keep up to date with most things (boots, stats, players etc...)

That being said, I realy dont like that cinema company (or whatever it is) to be our kit sponsor...

Fly Emirates is awesome, turkish airlines just isnt. Hence the ''turkish'' word. That wasnt meant offensive to turkey, but we aint no turkish club. I dislike having qatar, turkish, azerbaijan etc sponsor on our shirt.

The word Emirates refers to the United Arab Emirates, how is it different?

Fly Emirates is awesome, turkish airlines just isnt. Hence the ''turkish'' word. That wasnt meant offensive to turkey, but we aint no turkish club. I dislike having qatar, turkish, azerbaijan etc sponsor on our shirt. Looks out of place. Unless they offer us similar contract as Chevrolet did to ManU. Then I will take such sponsor too.

You realize that "Emirates" is a country as well, right?

this is exactly what I mean, most here should be fashion critics rather than football supporters. Who the fuck cares what logo is on the kit? Or if Jose wears a suit? or what number a certain player wears?

If Turkish Airlines want to give Chelsea FC a shit ton of money to advertise on the kit so be it! You think Utd are crying over the 50m a year Chevy is giving them?

Fly Emirates is actually quite classy, obviously when you look at it you think of that particular part of the middle east.. but it's not as BLATANT and vulgar as 'TURKISH' airlines.

What is wrong with Turkey? :lol:

You seem to have a personal dislike for them. Dodgy kebab?

What is wrong with Turkey? :lol:

You seem to have a personal dislike for them. Dodgy kebab?

It's not personal, I'm against any other 'country' advertising itself on an English club's shirt so blatantly. However, a concession could be made for UAE, since it's very much 'in trend' right now, if countries were products Dubai would be a Ferrari and Turkey would be a Nissan Sunny.

I remember when Hazard asked for the number 10 during the 'off-season' and the same guy got mad because people were discussing shirt numbers. Never understood why people BURST into threads and start saying things like "Who cares".. if you don't care, don't post.

There's been an international break and this is an off-topic thread, if you don't want to discuss 'aspects' of it, don't participate.

Oh I do want to discuss aspects of it, like how much money we'll make and whether or not we can see some sort of discount being a member of the club. Everything else is laughable... If we're negotiating with them its because they will give us the best deal possible.

Oh I do want to discuss aspects of it, like how much money we'll make and whether or not we can see some sort of discount being a member of the club. Everything else is laughable... If we're negotiating with them its because they will give us the best deal possible.

The aesthetics of a shirt that costs £50 is important to some fans, so yes.. it's a valid discussion.

Never understood that part of peoples psyche on forums when they see a discussion, and they feel they have to declare in an obnoxious way that they "Don't Care", just don't post then.