Turkish Airlines rumoured to replace Samsung

Waterfall

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turkish airlines sponsored united for a while and they also sponsor Kobe Bryant and messi so I don't get this small brand argument however what they are offering is way below market value I think

Add Dortmund and Barcelona to that....

Some peoples reactions are comical.

Turkish Airlines, the small company, giving Chelsea millions to market terrorism...

I think that it should be illegal that in Sports or Football that you wear old outdated Sports Kits or jerseys to Matches because the New Sponsors have copyright and put a lot of money into the kits and uniforms. so that means no one can wear Samsung Chelsea FC Jerseys to Matches because now Turkish Airlines are now new Sponsors.They Shouldn't Let people in at Stadiums if you are wearing old Chelsea FC jerseys and not the new jerseys. it should be illegal to wear Samsung Chelsea FC jerseys to Chelsea FC Matches in 2015/2016 now that Turkish Airlines are now the new Chelsea FC shirt sponsors.

All this for £7m extra, what's £7m to Samsung?.. a drop in the ocean, strange really.

We're a massive, worldwide club these days. I'm more surprised that other huge, globally famous brands weren't jumping at the chance to pay us loads and have their logo on our shirts.

I mean Turkish Ailines? That's the best we can do?

official from their side...

It should be enough. I doubt they would announce it if the contract wasn't already signed.

From one side it's nice that we've upgraded on the shirt sponsorship deal, I mean United are getting £47m a season from Chevrolet, our deal with Samsung seems quite pathetic in comparison. Now the thing that we should've gotten even better deal is a different matter.

From the other I have grown attached to the Samsung logo on our shirts and even kinda accepted it as a part of our identity which is a bit sad. If it was any other prominent company it would've been okay, but it feels odd buying an item which has "Turkish Airlines" text on it. I can't see myself doing that. I'll probably just buy the regular lifestyle t-shirts from the megastore until we change it again.

Just heard the news that it's official.

Can't say I'm pleased. Samsung has always been one of the cleanest, least offensive looking sponsor logos. This new one is a shirt ruiner in my opinion.

Oh so the big boys at Chelsea showed you what next seasons kit looks like.....Aint you just the luckiest guy on earth. :wank2: