Turkish Airlines rumoured to replace Samsung

Waterfall

Some of you guys act like Samsung was an old family member.. It's just a sponsor, it's pure buisness. Turkish Airlines offered more money, end of the story. Don't be naive: if Ku Klux Klan offered a few million pounds more to wear their logo we would.

We will get used to the new sponsor in a few matches. It was also strange when we switched from Fly Emirates to Samsung.

ehhh, not so sure about that. But I agree it's just business, I support Chelsea not Samsung.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"We're going to the Turkish airline arena next week", "Hugh?, are Chelsea a turkish club?", "they must have some history with the country or something"..

Hate the fact it has an another country in the brand name, this is an English club.. having the word 'Turkey' and a possible 'Turkey stadium' in the future is just distasteful. It's not like Audi or someone is going to have 'Germany Audi' or 'Sony China'

Sony is a Japanese brand.

Because they fork out over $100 for a jersey every year and I think they would appreciate a nice looking sponsor.

Yeah I get that everyone wants a nice jersey. But people saying "i'll buy last seasons"need to get a grip. It will look strange at first but over time it will look fine. Its like people are looking for something to moan about because we're playing well.

Because they fork out over $100 for a jersey every year and I think they would appreciate a nice looking sponsor.

Since when have the fans opinions mattered? Certainly haven't for the last 10-15 years.

£50 for a shirt....£25-30 of which the club gets 280,000 to 230,000 extra shirts need to be sold to make up the £7 million difference....Absolutely huge.

Why do Samsung need to pay out £25 million to go on a shirt? Are people really going to look at the Chelsea shirt and think oh Samsung who are they? or I'll get a Samsung TV because I saw them on a Chelsea shirt? Samsung aren't a company that need to sponsor.

I think that it should be illegal that in Sports or Football that you wear old outdated Sports Kits or jerseys to Matches because the New Sponsors have copyright and put a lot of money into the kits and uniforms. so that means no one can wear Samsung Chelsea FC Jerseys to Matches because now Turkish Airlines are now new Sponsors.They Shouldn't Let people in at Stadiums if you are wearing old Chelsea FC jerseys and not the new jerseys. it should be illegal to wear Samsung Chelsea FC jerseys to Chelsea FC Matches in 2015/2016 now that Turkish Airlines are now the new Chelsea FC shirt sponsors.

?

I'll be boycotting Samsung from now on, never bought a lot of their stuff anyway, but still. They abandoned us, and it's not like Turkey are paying that much more either.

TBH mate I don't think they'd notice considering the millions they make every day.

TBH mate I don't think they'd notice considering the millions they make every day.

I don't buy their stuff anyway, just think the millions of Chelsea fans should also boycott them, or maybe they will.. subconsciously. The smart phone bubble is bursting anyway, people are holding on to their handsets for longer due to the lack of development. Samsung are not innovators, they rely heavily on marketing spend; Apple has cult status.. they are the trend setters.

I don't buy their stuff anyway, just think the millions of Chelsea fans should also boycott them, or maybe they will.. subconsciously. The smart phone bubble is bursting anyway, people are holding on to their handsets for longer due to the lack of development. Samsung are not innovators, they rely heavily on marketing spend; Apple has cult status.. they are the trend setters.

I think you mixed about apple with samsung. Apple is the marketing king of the world, along with Nike and Coke.

Samsung doesnt really need to sponsors teams, when they already have plenty of sponsors for sporting activies (olympics, etc) and athletes.

Unless your buying a 4k tv, samsung have the best tvs on the market. BY FAR

I dont know about UK, but in the USA, samsung tvs are premier tvs and sell well and always rated the best.

They make everything, appliances, phones, home devices, cameras, etc. They don't need us.

I don't buy their stuff anyway, just think the millions of Chelsea fans should also boycott them, or maybe they will..

Sorry but it's a very stupid thing to say... Do you really think Chelsea fans should boycott Samsung products just because their contract with Chelsea expires? It's buisness. Should I refuse to drink Coors too? Or refuse to drive a Chevrolet because they are Manchester United's sponsor? Sponsors come and go.. The blue color and the logo is the important things.

I think you mixed about apple with samsung. Apple is the marketing king of the world, along with Nike and Coke.

Samsung doesnt really need to sponsors teams, when they already have plenty of sponsors for sporting activies (olympics, etc) and athletes.

Unless your buying a 4k tv, samsung have the best tvs on the market. BY FAR

I dont know about UK, but in the USA, samsung tvs are premier tvs and sell well and always rated the best.

Samsung 'Mobile' was the original Chelsea sponsor on the shirt, which tells you all you need to know about their consumer intent when they first signed with us. Mostly mobile ads around the bridge too, even now.. so the reason they came here was to promote the phones, mainly.

Apple is a cult and they don't need to advertise in the same manner Samsung do.