Loïc Rémy

SeB

Love how he made Vertonghen his bitch for the goal. Almost too easy for him.

Vetronghen always ends up looking like a bitch at Stamford Bridge. Last year he gifted us a goal if I remember correctly.

Funny to see all these Liverpool fan tweets asking why the fuck didnt they sign Loic and ended up with Balo instead.

Thought Remy did alright after he came on yesterday. Took his goal well as he showed greater determination and strength than Vertonghen to create that opportunity for himself, especially when he's not known for his physical strength. Drogba would have been proud of that.

That goal was pure determination. He looked like he had a point to prove. Incredible strength, good finish and made Vertonghen look like the bitch he is. Three thumbs up from me :yes::yes::yes:

play Azpi in the hole then!!

Thought that was Eden. Didn't expect that from Azpi at all!

Remy: Learning from legends

For the team to be without our topscorer and for the other two strikers to find the target in an important London derby was very good reason to smile, and Loic Remy spoke of his happiness with events after the win against Tottenham.

Didier Drogba initially began as centre-forward with Diego Costa out suspended, and the Ivorian quickly followed Eden Hazard's opening goal with a quick-footed finish to make it 2-0 midway through the first half.

Remy was introduced with a third of the match remaining and it was not long before he left Jan Vertonghen in his wake to calmly slot home and complete the scoring in the 3-0 win.

‘I am really pleased because I am a striker so obviously I want to score every game,’ said the 27-year-old.

‘We deserved to win because we played very well and scored three nice goals and we try to keep this going every game.

‘We knew that Tottenham have a big squad with good quality and they played well. They tried to make some difficulties and had some opportunities but we were strong defensively and offensively we scored good goals. For us the first thing is to be strong and then we know our quality so we know we can score any time against any team.’

For Remy it was his third goal on his ninth appearance, six of those as a substitute, and his first strike since returning from the injury suffered in the game he found the net versus Maribor.

‘Because I was injured, it was good for the confidence for me to come in and score,’ he said. ‘I was very happy and very proud but it was the work of all the team who made me score.

‘I just feel really proud to be on the bench first but of course I want to play, that is why I work hard during the training sessions. But we have three good strikers and the others show me a good example, they are very professional and for me it is a real pleasure to play with this kind of player.

‘I try to increase my level and improve and it is really good to work with them, and every time the manager wants to use me, I try to do my best. There are a lot of games coming so I am not worried about staying on the bench. We are in all competitions so we need everybody and for me it is important to be ready when the opportunity arises.’

Remy spoke further about the two players with whom he shares the striker responsibilities.

‘We know the quality of Diego [Costa]. He is a really good striker but Didier [Drogba] and me showed we can be without Diego - but we need everybody. The squad being strong makes the difference between us and other teams.

‘Didier is a legend, everybody knows him here and the way he is playing at the minute is very good. He helps the team, he is not selfish, and he scores some goals. He is amazing so I have to take the example from him.’

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/12/remy--learning-from-legends.html

:clap: great attitude there