Jump to content
Join Talk Chelsea and join in with the discussions! Click Here

Loïc Rémy


DavidEU
 Share
Followers 1

Recommended Posts

It does not seem like other clubs are queueing up to sign him. We might end up keeping hima nd that might not even be the worst thing in the world. Even if we sign another striker we would need 3 to have enough cover. Beign short of strikers is almost as being short of goalkeepers as their skillset is arguably similarly unique. Remy is experienced, still pretty quick, still in the best age. Not a game changer but someone who goes with the flow of the team. Will score his fair share of goals if given the chance and staying injury free. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why are people moaning? He's: Cheap Experienced in the PL - 14 goals in 26 games with a shit Newcastle team is an excellent record Clearly ambitious, hence why he joined us Willing to fight for his pl

On 30 August 2014, Rémy was left out of QPR's match against Sunderland after it was reported that Chelsea had activated his £10.5 million release clause. Although he wanted to play, manager Harry Redk

Welcome Loic! HEY WENGER:

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

It does not seem like other clubs are queueing up to sign him. We might end up keeping hima nd that might not even be the worst thing in the world. Even if we sign another striker we would need 3 to have enough cover. Beign short of strikers is almost as being short of goalkeepers as their skillset is arguably similarly unique. Remy is experienced, still pretty quick, still in the best age. Not a game changer but someone who goes with the flow of the team. Will score his fair share of goals if given the chance and staying injury free. 

I'm not sure that we can keep him. We can name 16 non-homegrown players in the Premier League:


GK: Eduardo, Caballero, Courtois

DEF: Azpi, Luiz, Rüdiger, Alonso

MID: Kanté, Bakayoko, Willian, Hazard, Pedro,

FW: Batshuayi

 

This is 13.

I didn't count Matic and Costa bc they are likely to leave.

We'll have to bring one striker(Morata, Auba, Belotti), so it's 14. Some wingbacks(Alex Sandro and Danilo) are also rumoured to join us. If Pasalic stays he'd take one non-hg place too, if we offload him we'll have to buy another DM. So we can reach 16 quickly. I don't think we'll spend one spot on Rémy.

 

(by the way, I think it's ridiculous that we have a non-hg thrid choice keeper, such a waste)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

I'm not sure that we can keep him. We can name 16 non-homegrown players in the Premier League:


GK: Eduardo, Caballero, Courtois

DEF: Azpi, Luiz, Rüdiger, Alonso

MID: Kanté, Bakayoko, Willian, Hazard, Pedro,

FW: Batshuayi

 

This is 13.

I didn't count Matic and Costa bc they are likely to leave.

We'll have to bring one striker(Morata, Auba, Belotti), so it's 14. Some wingbacks(Alex Sandro and Danilo) are also rumoured to join us. If Pasalic stays he'd take one non-hg place too, if we offload him we'll have to buy another DM. So we can reach 16 quickly. I don't think we'll spend one spot on Rémy.

 

(by the way, I think it's ridiculous that we have a non-hg thrid choice keeper, such a waste)

we will not register Eduardo and use the emergency rule to swap him in in case we need him. Also don't we have 17 non hg-spots?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

we will not register Eduardo and use the emergency rule to swap him in in case we need him. Also don't we have 17 non hg-spots?

Yes, it's 17, my bad.

I don't know about Eduardo, last year he was named but last year our 2nd choice was homegrown(Begovic).

I'd love to have Rémy in the squad but if we sign 2-3 new players we can run out of hg-spots.

 

According to Sky, Loic will be free to leave at the moment we sign a new striker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and once again we sld a player without really securing a replacement. Even if we play false 9 when both Bats and Morata are out, it is still an not so cool solution with all of our only 3 senior wingers playing. 

This is not american football with squads of fifthysomething. 

If Suarez and Alcacer are injured Barca have no strikers. Each Bayern and Real only have one real striker(Lewa and Benzema). Who do City play with when Agüero and Gabi Jesus are both injured? You cant count with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

and once again we sld a player without really securing a replacement. Even if we play false 9 when both Bats and Morata are out, it is still an not so cool solution with all of our only 3 senior wingers playing. 

Like he was ever going to play. Plus he was pretty useless post 2015 title, i know we were in a shit situation under Jose but thing's got better under Guus but he got even worse. And at Palace he looked awful with the few chances he got and never got a look in again.

False 9 is 100x a better option than playing Remy in 2017 if it came to one or the other, if there is one that got away in the striker department it's Traore.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 10 months later...

All that we went thru with them scouse twats to buy him and the old boy didn't set our Blue world on fire did he?f  But he did score a couple of important goals that won us some games.

We didn't do bad. Only lost £9mill on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2018 at 3:21 PM, Unionjack said:

All that we went thru with them scouse twats to buy him and the old boy didn't set our Blue world on fire did he?f  But he did score a couple of important goals that won us some games.

We didn't do bad. Only lost £9mill on him.

All I remember about him was that whenever Torres wasn't available and it was his chance to shine, he was always injured.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

 

Filippo Inzaghi has done a great job with Benevento

e59aba5ed782033076e36fc2b4382462.png

there still is a chance that he and his brother Simone can be the first two same year same nation title winning brother managers

Lazio losing to Atalanta hurt them, but the do play Juve head to head and I so doubt Juve can win every single game other than that

5 or 6 tough games there

9a6d8b20537110b840ec2dba1ad4d05f.png

Lazio have an easier run in

a5ad761542e814fa96c036466908c44f.png

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...