Loïc Rémy

SeB

Chelsea buy Torres from Liverpool. Suarez replaces him there.

Liverpool sell Suarez to Barcelona.

They try to sign Remy as part replacement for Suarez.

Deal cannot be agreed so they instead sign Balotelli from Milan.

Milan replaces Balotelli with Torres from Chelsea.

Chelsea replace Torres with Remy.

Football is weird.

Except that Andy Carroll replaced Torres, not Suarez. Don't overestimate them.

I for one think this would be a fantastic signing. Thought Liverpool got a good player when they were meant to get him. Intelligent player, Makes excellent runs, and can finish aswell. Good player to bring on when the legs are tired, and, touch wood, were Costa to get injured, I wouldn't mind seeing us go two up top with Drogba and Remy. Think they'd link up well, with Drogba on the shoulder with Remy behind running the channels.

I'll start off by saying that some people seem to always find a way to complain.

Falcao or Cavani? Are you joking? A player of their class and quality would never ever agree to sit on the bench. We're not just talking about very good players, we're talking about absolute world class. Making them sit on the bench and wait for Costa to get injured or whatever is completely stupid imo. Every top class player needs to play games and more importantly needs to START games.

Benteke is injured so I won't bother to talk about him. I personally rate Bony higher than Remy but only slightly but the fact that his price would be pretty much twice the cost of Remy. Also I don't think he will be satisfied at being an alternative to Costa and he has bigger ambitions than that.

And how exactly is Remy another Ba? Just because they played for Newcastle and had a good scoring record in the PL it doesn't mean they're going to have a same record as each other at Chelsea. One of the main reasons Ba didn't succeed at Chelsea was his style of play. He wasn't particularly a good header of the ball. He was not fast and even lacked the qualities of a decent target man. Ba was a poacher at best. However, Remy's style is different and adds something different to our attack. He is very fast, decent header of the ball, clinical finisher and very good link-up play.

Remy is better than all of our strikers from last season. And it's not like he will be first choice so I can't understand why some people are panicking. He has the quality to deliver when its needed and I completely trust him to lead our front line when Costa is out for whatever reason.

We haven't signed him yet tho right?

I've been in New York and now just landed in LA have a few days off work so finally catching up with TC :)

it does seem certain, He has a release clause so QPR can't block it and he turned down a move to

Newcastle plus the fact that Bamford has been loaned makes it nailed on IMO

This could be an incredibly big season for Remy if this deal comes off. Think about it, he'll sign a 3/4 year contract most likely to be our 2nd choice centre forward on the best wages hes ever received.

Come next summer, when Drogba leaves, surely the choice of the board will be to:

a ) Recall Bamford and allow Remy to remain as 2nd choice.

b ) Sign another big name centre forward and drop Remy to 3rd choice.

I think Remy will need to have an absolutely fantastic season to ensure 'b' doesn't happen.

Considering the options available, the Remy deal seems like a good one. A bargain would be an overstatement IMO, just all the other similar players like Bony, Benteke, Martinez are too overpriced. With Remy we'll be getting exactly what we paid for and that is a solid back-up for our world class forward. I don't think he'll ever start ahead of Costa in the EPL and CL games if the latter is available for selection, he'll be coming of the bench quite a lot and I expect him to start almost all national cup games.

I see there are some concerns in this thread, but Remy is an upgrade from Torres (albeit not as great as many seem to think). Hopefully he'll do a good job covering Costa when needed as Drogba is practically not an option in attack.

For me he isn't chelsea material, he is not experienced in europe. Ba(whom we let go), welbeck and destro are considerably better with more potential. But if he has the best of his career at chelsea I wouldn't have a problem. Still he is far less talented than back up strikers like jovetic, dzeko, negredo, balotelli, chicharito, welbeck and not up to Giroud all of whom play for our rivals. So far not good enough.

remy has more european experience than destro and ba combined from his marseille days.

also let us look at some of the options we have

cavani - 60mil, 9mil pounds. not even an option

falcao - 20mil loan, 7/8 mil pounds. not a viable option.

destro - 20mil, 3/4 pounds. good option, no european experience.

chicha - united player. 15-20 pounds. 5/6 mil pounds. hardly better than remy.

welbeck - not even a goal scorer. united player. will have to pay more than 15mil. hardly better than remy again.

bony - 20mil+. 5 mil pounds wages. would definitely be a brilliant buy. specially as a 2nd striker.

remy - 8mil. 5 mil pounds wages. PL proven.

it does seem certain, He has a release clause so QPR can't block it and he turned down a move to

Newcastle plus the fact that Bamford has been loaned makes it nailed on IMO

Bamford was going to be loaned regardless of this deal because he's not ready to be a backup striker at Chelsea

Hopefully if he kicks on at Middlesboro...we'll have a HG 3rd choice striker next season :blue scalf:

remy has more european experience than destro and ba combined from his marseille days.

also let us look at some of the options we have

cavani - 60mil, 9mil pounds. not even an option

falcao - 20mil loan, 7/8 mil pounds. not a viable option.

destro - 20mil, 3/4 pounds. good option, no european experience.

chicha - united player. 15-20 pounds. 5/6 mil pounds. hardly better than remy.

welbeck - not even a goal scorer. united player. will have to pay more than 15mil. hardly better than remy again.

bony - 20mil+. 5 mil pounds wages. would definitely be a brilliant buy. specially as a 2nd striker.

remy - 8mil. 5 mil pounds wages. PL proven.

Bony would have been a great buy. I don't think he'll be at Swansea after this season

Gignac is overweight, doesn't have a right foot and is lazy. There is a reason 'Un big mac pour Gignac' is a saying.

'EPL proven' is one of the most cringe-worthy idioms in world football.

Not every player has to be incredible.

He isn't overweight he is just stocky. 186 cm and 84 kg is normal.

For the price, he's a great option. He's in his prime, he scores goals and he's not a guy who will expect to play every week (a la Falcao and Cavani).

Tactically he's a bit different from Costa. He's a busy little bundle of energy, he can run at players and he has a decent shot on him. The variety of options that he, Costa and Drogba offer is fantastic. Drogba for me is still the first choice off the bench against teams that defend deep but Remy can legitimately start and play 70-90 minutes.

So he fits the profile, he's available, he lives local presumably (no relocation issues), the price is pretty much ideal and he makes us a better squad....plus it'll annoy Rangers fans which is always fun.

For me he isn't chelsea material, he is not experienced in europe. Ba(whom we let go), welbeck and destro are considerably better with more potential. But if he has the best of his career at chelsea I wouldn't have a problem. Still he is far less talented than back up strikers like jovetic, dzeko, negredo, balotelli, chicharito, welbeck and not up to Giroud all of whom play for our rivals. So far not good enough.

Remy is less talented than Welbeck? Da fuck are you on.

Im not sure if its because im tired but this post really pissed of when reading it.

Remy is ideal as a back up striker.

Remy is less talented than Welbeck? Da fuck are you on.

Im not sure if its because im tired but this post really pissed of when reading it.

Remy is ideal as a back up striker.

To think we just went for Torres to Remy and people still find things to moan about lol.