Everton v Chelsea

Jase

I'd consider Barkley (if fit) and Coleman (apart from the obvious Howard) the key players in your team. Hence I don't understand your choice for Naismith. Care to enlighten us? I'll agree he's had two crackers of games and a great start this season, but I don't think he'll be consistent the entire season. He's a good player, don't get me wrong, but I wouldn't call him your most important player

Btw, how do you like this Chelsea forum, as an Evertonian? Are we fair to you lads? :D

Barkley is definitely injured for 6-8 weeks but the thing with Barkley is that although he's got a lot of ability, there isn't much end product there, though he provides a threat in many other ways.

Coleman is a very important player for us to be fair, one of the best right backs there is at the moment but he's also coming of a hamstring injury in Pre-season and looked a bit dodgy against Arsenal due to lack of match practise.

I've never seen such a turnaround from a player as I have for Steven Naismith. The fickle nature of football fans lead to a large selection of Everton fans declaring him as one of our worst ever signings after his first season. However he was continually played out of position and coming of a serious injury but that isn't important here. He was played centrally last season, whether it be as a striker or as a 'second striker' and he seemed to suit that role perfectly. Although he has a clear lack of pace, his movement and footballing intelligence makes up for it whilst he's probably the best one on one finisher at the club, as he showed in his goal at Stamford Bridge a couple of seasons ago. He's started this season well and he's become one of the first names on the team sheet.

Yeah, I've been on here a while and although I don't visit that often anymore, it's always been a decent atmosphere. I became completely engrossed in the CL win of 2012 and the whole Drogba narrative (I'm a bit disappointed he came back for that reason). Some of the posts on here concerning Everton drive me up the wall but you've just got to take into account that this is a Chelsea forum and there'll be similar misconstrued posts about Chelsea on Everton forums.

no. he is a 100% fighter with a decent finish

On a free, he's been a great player to have. Pretty similar to Tim Cahill in many ways.

10 of our XI are pretty set in Stone (though Stones, no pun intended, may replace a centre back)

Howard

Coleman Jagielka Distin Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Naismith don't know

Lukaku

Pienaar is injured and Martinez likes to for Osman as his replacement. Osman tucks in rather than playing out and out on the wing. McGeady is other probability.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hoping Costa is not injured. What horrible luck. absolutely gutted. our next 2 away games are tough; everton and man city, Guess its time for drogba to earn his place.

That's a possibility. Just watch his first few matches at the WC. What's more, I think we are the kind of side ( being well-organised defensively) that he tends to really struggle against, so I expect a lot of bad first touches and mislaced passes.

So him to score against us then

bku5w.jpg

We played pretty shit though and had to rely on Lamps to dig us out.

Everybody knows its a tough place to play, we'll be fine just have to be patient and take our chances. That was the difference last year we should've been up 2-0 before they scored and also should've equalized very early in the 2nd half.