Lionel Messi

Myself

Does no one else think the whole adidas paying most of the transfer fee thing is complete fantasy? Why would they? To get messi in an adidas shirt?? He's already an adidas sponsored player I honestly don't see how it benefits them to spend whatever percentage of whatever mental amount to have him in a team whos kit adidas also make. Maybe Im missing something

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does no one else think the whole adidas paying most of the transfer fee thing is complete fantasy? Why would they? To get messi in an adidas shirt?? He's already an adidas sponsored player I honestly don't see how it benefits them to spend whatever percentage of whatever mental amount to have him in a team whos kit adidas also make. Maybe Im missing something

Because the PL is the biggest league in the world in terms of TV exposure and the gap is only going to continue to widen and Adidas can make a lot more money with Messi at Chelsea/United etc than at Barcelona.

Because the PL is the biggest league in the world in terms of TV exposure and the gap is only going to continue to widen and Adidas can make a lot more money with Messi at Chelsea/United etc than at Barcelona.

This. The balance is swinging back to the Premier League. When the new deal kicks in, the bottom placed club will be getting more TV money than Real Madrid, now is the perfect time to bring Messi to the PL, although if I were Adidas I would be seriously eyeing up Neymar if we were talking on a purely commercial basis, and if this was the case then he would be going to United, not us, considering Adidas has sacrificed lots of deals outside of football to pay for it, ie England cricket from the top of my head.

Hi!

Thanks to the extraordinary agreement of the Premier League for its television rights from next season many Spanish teams are going to lose many of its stars. The differences will be insurmountable.

In Spain La Liga wins € 800 million per year. However, with the ultimate agreement of the Premier League will win € 2.333 million per year. The difference is unsurpassed.

La Liga. £ 591.71 million per year (€ 800 million per year).

Premier League. £ 1,701.16 million per year (€ 2.333 million per year).

But there is a definitive factor that will differentiate still more to La Liga and Premier League. Right now in Spain is about to pass a new law to distribute the revenues from television rights among all teams with a model similar to that in England.

Now in Spain, Real Madrid and Barcelona earn £ 103.55 million per year (€ 140 million per year). Valencia and Atletico Madrid £ 31.07 million (€ 42 million) and £ 35.50 million (€48 million) per year. And the other teams between £ 13.31 million (€ 18 million) and £ 31.07 million (€ 42 million) per year.

Now many teams in Spain are threatening to paralyze La Liga by This deal so unfair.

Probably Real Madrid and Barcelona will continue earning much more money than the other teams, but Real Madrid and Barcelona will win by less than 100 million years, between £ 59.17 million (€ 80 million) and £ 73.96 million (€ 100 million) per year

This year. Real Madrid and Barcelona win £ 103.55 million per year (€ 140 million per year).

Next Year. Real Madrid and Barcelona will win between £ 59.17 million (€ 80 million) and £ 73.96 million (€ 100 million) per year.

If this changes, coupled with the new contract in the Premier League, Real Madrid and Barcelona will have a huge difference between Real Madrid or Barcelona and English teams.

Also, this week the Spanish justice has bannedthe reform of the Real Madrid stadium Santiago Bernabeu. This can plunge the Real madrid because they thought they were able to reform their stadium before the elections of May in Madrid. But after this judgment that the Spanish justice reform Santiago Bernabeu is paralyzed until a new government is formed in Madrid.

In Spain are still many changes, and the new political party Podemos probably not going to allow Florentino Perez (Real Madrid president) make that reform of the stadium Santiago Bernabeu If Podemos wins the elections in Madrid of May.

If this big reform Santiago Bernabeu stadium is paralyzed for a long time Real Madrid will lose lots of money.

Therefore, Real Madrid and Barcelona will see very depleted their economic income per year. Probably this may mean a change of trend in Spanish football, a trend that can start going down.

I think as you said in the previous post, Adidas will want not to have Messi in Barcelona because from next season La Liga will have fewer viewers in the world than Premier League. Adidas will force to Barcelona to sell Messi this summer. Maybe helping Us or United to make his sign.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

Seriously i watched alot of Barcelona already this year (mainly for Messi). Even as a Chelsea supporter it is hard to hate him. This guy is really proving now that he is a tier above Ronaldo. It was a stroke of genius to move him back to the right wing, his goalscoring output since the new year has skyrocketed. I think im going to implode if he ever joins Chelsea.

I think as you said in the previous post, Adidas will want not to have Messi in Barcelona because from next season La Liga will have fewer viewers in the world than Premier League. Adidas will force to Barcelona to sell Messi this summer. Maybe helping Us or United to make his sign.

Adidas can not and will not force Barcelona into doing anything least of all is selling Messi. Messi will have to want to leave Barcelona for them to even consider a move... At which point only a few clubs can afford him. If Adidas want to help finance the move to Chelsea that would be fantastic but they aren't in a position to force Barcelona's hand.

Adidas can not and will not force Barcelona into doing anything least of all is selling Messi. Messi will have to want to leave Barcelona for them to even consider a move... At which point only a few clubs can afford him. If Adidas want to help finance the move to Chelsea that would be fantastic but they aren't in a position to force Barcelona's hand.

Hi!.

Yes, Adidas can not force the Barcelona to sell Messi. But Adidas can help financially a team (US or Manchester United) to make an offer he can not refuse to Barcelona.

If Messi shows his willingness to leave Barcelona and go to London, I am sure that Barcelona would accept an offer for 100/125 million.

But Adidas could threaten (symbolically) to Barcelona with losing players Adidas in the future if Barcelona does not accept the offer by Messi.

I think that Adidas could influence the signing of Messi if Adidas believes that having Messi in Barcelona they lose money each year.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

Hi!.

Yes, Adidas can not force the Barcelona to sell Messi. But Adidas can help financially a team (US or Manchester United) to make an offer he can not refuse to Barcelona.

If Messi shows his willingness to leave Barcelona and go to London, I am sure that Barcelona would accept an offer for 100/125 million.

But Adidas could threaten (symbolically) to Barcelona with losing players Adidas in the future if Barcelona does not accept the offer by Messi.

I think that Adidas could influence the signing of Messi if Adidas believes that having Messi in Barcelona they lose money each year.

Regards.

Regards to ALL.

I'm not sure to be honest. There hasn't been any precedence set in the matter... Lots of talk of these big corporations forking over money to aid in the funding of players but never has a deal been struck in such a fashion.

Of course it makes sense for Messi, Adidas and Chelsea to have him in an Adidas sponsored kit but for this to happen Adidas will have to do something that has never been done before and I'm not sure that this wouldn't be in violation of the premier league's 3rd party ownership agreement either.

I would love to see it happen and I expect talk to heat up in the summer but only if Messi first decides he's had enough at Barcelona.

I'm not sure to be honest. There hasn't been any precedence set in the matter... Lots of talk of these big corporations forking over money to aid in the funding of players but never has a deal been struck in such a fashion.

Of course it makes sense for Messi, Adidas and Chelsea to have him in an Adidas sponsored kit but for this to happen Adidas will have to do something that has never been done before and I'm not sure that this wouldn't be in violation of the premier league's 3rd party ownership agreement either.

I would love to see it happen and I expect talk to heat up in the summer but only if Messi first decides he's had enough at Barcelona.

Hi!

Yes. Convince Messi will be definitive. And for us to have Fabregas is a positive asset for US. Fabregas and Messi are the best friends of each other. Your girlfriends are also best friends from each other. Even they go on holiday together.

Now it seems that Messi could now want to stay in Barcelona, but I think that Messi may be living his last months in Barcelona, having a perfect farewell to Messi wining La Liga and Spanish Cup with Barcelona this year and leaving Barcelona with Neymar like Barcelona new star.

If Messi decides to leave Barcelona this summer I think Barcelona will not pondria many problems for between 100 and 125 million. Messi is a legend in Barcelona and they will not want to create a conflict with Messi if he wants to leave the club for a great deal. Barcelona have in Neymarthe heir to Messi

It would be a very complex transfer, but convince Messi will be the key. I trust in Messi's friendship with Fabregas and the power of persuasion of Jose.

Regards.

if that's the case then I'd say they would be putting their money behind utd to get him. One of their biggest deals and a bigger global fan base than us too.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You