Lionel Messi

Myself

I cannot believe you're comparing Kezman, Sheva and Torres to possibly the greatest player that has ever lived.

Then you continue to say we don't need Messi because of Bamford. Wow.

I'm quite happy there's no "TC Meltdown" on Twitter.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Messi is world class... for Barcelona and for La Liga.

For Chelsea? For the Premier League? I don't know!

Our past track record of signing superstar strikers is at a low unfortunately. Signing players like Shevchenko, Kezman, Torres, et al have never worked in our favour. If we're going to pay ridiculous money for someone like Messi, and hammer a big hole into our healthy FFP status, then I say it's a big gamble.

If you ask me, I care about an entire club, not one individual.

I'm not saying I don't want us to sign him.. I'm just ironing out the potential side-effects it may have on our club's future if we fork out a lot of money to sign him, and he adds his name to a list of striker failures.. if we don't sign him, I feel there's a lot more useful things we could do with a lot of money in the bank. Like improving our chances of finding English talent.. improving England's chances of World Cup success! We have Bamford, Loftus-Cheek and Solanke looking like they can make a big success of it.

I'd like to see Bamford emulate what Harry Kane has done at Tottenham. Who needs Messi??

I don't want to live in this planet anymore. Bye guys.

Messi is world class... for Barcelona and for La Liga.

For Chelsea? For the Premier League? I don't know!

Our past track record of signing superstar strikers is at a low unfortunately. Signing players like Shevchenko, Kezman, Torres, et al have never worked in our favour. If we're going to pay ridiculous money for someone like Messi, and hammer a big hole into our healthy FFP status, then I say it's a big gamble.

If you ask me, I care about an entire club, not one individual.

I'm not saying I don't want us to sign him.. I'm just ironing out the potential side-effects it may have on our club's future if we fork out a lot of money to sign him, and he adds his name to a list of striker failures.. if we don't sign him, I feel there's a lot more useful things we could do with a lot of money in the bank. Like improving our chances of finding English talent.. improving England's chances of World Cup success! We have Bamford, Loftus-Cheek and Solanke looking like they can make a big success of it.

I'd like to see Bamford emulate what Harry Kane has done at Tottenham. Who needs Messi??

This was actually my reaction reading this

whaaaa.gif

I cannot believe you're comparing Kezman, Sheva and Torres to possibly the greatest player that has ever lived.

Then you continue to say we don't need Messi because of Bamford. Wow.

You honestly think that because I said what I said, I think that those three players are better than Messi... I never said that!! WHY WOULD I SAY THAT?

What I meant was, I'm cautious at the fact that if we gamble a lot of money on Messi, he might not be as lethal in the Prem as he is in La Liga. Both competitions are completely different. The Premier League is a lot tougher in every department, whatever kind of player you are. Would I like to see us sign Messi?? Of course I would... but no deal comes without its cautions.

And as for Bamford, please don't slate me for caring so much about the England National Football Team. I care for its future as well as Chelsea's. All I'd like to see is a bit more English talent in our team than what we currently have.

You might think I'm talking out of my complete arse, but all I'm doing is being cautious that's all!

giphy.gif

You honestly think that because I said what I said, I think that those three players are better than Messi... I never said that!! WHY WOULD I SAY THAT?

What I meant was, I'm cautious at the fact that if we gamble a lot of money on Messi, he might not be as lethal in the Prem as he is in La Liga. Both competitions are completely different. The Premier League is a lot tougher in every department, whatever kind of player you are. Would I like to see us sign Messi?? Of course I would... but no deal comes without its cautions.

And as for Bamford, please don't slate me for caring so much about the England National Football Team. I care for its future as well as Chelsea's. All I'd like to see is a bit more English talent in our team than what we currently have.

You might think I'm talking out of my complete arse, but all I'm doing is being cautious that's all!

giphy.gif

The Bamford stuff is bizarre simply because if Messi did come here he would play on the right and not up front, so Messi would not even hamper his progress. If anything, according to your reasoning, we need to sell Costa and Remy because they're the ones truly blocking Bamford's path. Bamford is hardly the future of English football either. He isn't even the most talented young English striker on our ranks.

Bamford is hardly the future of English football either. He isn't even the most talented young English striker on our ranks.

Alright, so Messi would play in a position that won't hinder his progress.. but you can't not notice the progress Bamford is making at Middlesbrough.. he's probably one of the sole reasons why they've been doing so well in the Championship, and before you think that isn't enough, his goal helped knock out Man City in the FA Cup! All I'm saying, for the good of our home-grown status (and for extra security, FFP), I say give the guy a chance next season and see what he can do.

Costa and Remy won't be sold, is what you're implying, and you're right.. but one of these days, UEFA and FIFA are going to come down even harder on clubs for their lack of home-grown players, and it could affect us for future competitions in Europe if we don't turn our attention to it. Man City, as they'll discover soon enough will be in exactly the same boat.

Alright, so Messi would play in a position that won't hinder his progress.. but you can't not notice the progress Bamford is making at Middlesbrough.. he's probably one of the sole reasons why they've been doing so well in the Championship, and before you think that isn't enough, his goal helped knock out Man City in the FA Cup! All I'm saying, for the good of our home-grown status (and for extra security, FFP), I say give the guy a chance next season and see what he can do.

Costa and Remy won't be sold, is what you're implying, and you're right.. but one of these days, UEFA and FIFA are going to come down even harder on clubs for their lack of home-grown players, and it could affect us for future competitions in Europe if we don't turn our attention to it. Man City, as they'll discover soon enough will be in exactly the same boat.

But buying Messi doesn't automatically mean we don't care about our home grown players and won't be able develop our English/home grown youngsters at all... Might as well say we should stop buying foreign players completely.

(Btw, I've followed Bamford's progress quite closely so you don't have to tell me how good he is or isn't or what he's doing for Middlesbrough, I'm fully aware.)

Lel at Patrick Bamford he's been successful at the championship level which is about equivalent to being successful in the Polish league. He needs to move to the Belgian/Dutch league to see how he does then to France/Germany/Spain before the PL.

Chances are he'll never crack the Chelsea line-up.

I'm all for youth development but Messi would have no impact on that because by the time Bamford would be ready to lead the line Messi would be towards the end of his career

Lel at Patrick Bamford he's been successful at the championship level which is about equivalent to being successful in the Polish league. He needs to move to the Belgian/Dutch league to see how he does then to France/Germany/Spain before the PL.

Chances are he'll never crack the Chelsea line-up.

I'm all for youth development but Messi would have no impact on that because by the time Bamford would be ready to lead the line Messi would be towards the end of his career

Messi is worth more than the whole youth team combined at age 28.

Doesn't really matter if Messi has a negative impact on Bamford because Bamford making it still is not guaranteed.. Messi is

I still do not know why we are talking about Bamford in this thread because Messi will play as a RW,so there is no way that he will take away Bamfords place.
The thing is that we do not have a very good RW in our youth.Boga is more of a 10,or a LW like Hazard,Musonda is also more of a 10 or a RW,so we will have a place open to a foreign world class player.If we talk about Pogba,yes,he would take RLCs place and I would be very furious if Chelsea decided to waste such a great talent,but we do not have a real RW with great potential in our youth team.

• 2 weeks later...

New praise for Messi by Jose.

Mourinho said: "Go to Pele to Maradona to Messi, to all players in Original brilliant. All of them would love to score this goal".

Again Jose puts Messi among the best players in history and forget Cristiano Ronaldo. New compliment!

iTRxKPy.gif

Messi is worth more than the whole youth team combined at age 28.

Doesn't really matter if Messi has a negative impact on Bamford because Bamford making it still is not guaranteed.. Messi is

Who the hell is Bamford and why are you comparing him with the best player in the world and arguably in history?

As if you can afford Messi. With all the taxes and shit it would be around a million. He'll never leave Barca anyway.

In Spain these taxes are not paid when paid clause rescinsion. This is obvious. Always teams reach agreements because the % payable in additional taxes are not interested in any of the two parties.

In the last 25 years only 2 players have paid their rescission clause violently breaking his contract: Mijatovic and Rivaldo.

The remainder, When FIGO !!!! Florentino Perez and Gaspar reached an agreement so that it would not pay rescission clause. When Sergio Ramos also did not. Nor Javi Martinez who resorted to an article in the Spanish justice for not paying the clause of rescission with additional taxes.

This is they are just stories to the Spanish press. In practice any club pays rescission of the contract clauses that are not interested in any party.

The best example of this was the signing of Diego Costa for us. We do not pay 38 million euros + 55% additional tax rates of rescission clause. We paid only 38 million euros.

Messi can leave Barcelona esta summer and Mourinho throw a new compliment to Messi last Saturday
(MIND GAMES).

Maybe Messi is closer to come with us.

messi-empezo-seguir-chelsea-instagram-14

Lionel-Messi.jpg

Messi last month in London with DECO and FABREGAS.

Regards to ALL.

The theme of the clauses of rescinsion in Spain is boring.

I think he has explained it enough times. But I put links from Spanish websites if someone has more interest ...

In these sites offers 43% additional tax. But it depends on the amount of the transfer (in Spain taxes are on different sections) and can become 55% in additional taxes.

Examples.

Cazorla signing broken by Real Madrid.

1. A. In Spanish. http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2008/08/27/mas_futbol/1219818441_850215.html
1. B. In English.
http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=en&tl=es&u=http%3A%2F%2Ffutbol.as.com%2Ffutbol%2F2008%2F08%2F27%2Fmas_futbol%2F1219818441_850215.html&sandbox=1

2. A. In Spanish. http://www.defensacentral.com/real_madrid/50698-fernando-roig-villarreal-fichaje-cazorla-ramon-calderon/

2. B. In English. http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=en&tl=es&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.defensacentral.com%2Freal_madrid%2F50698-fernando-roig-villarreal-fichaje-cazorla-ramon-calderon%2F&sandbox=1

Others.

3. A. In Spanish. http://www.libertaddigital.com/deportes/futbol/2014-07-21/traspaso-o-clausula-de-rescision-que-es-mejor-para-los-clubes-y-el-jugador-1276524361/

3. B. In English. http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=en&tl=es&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.libertaddigital.com%2Fdeportes%2Ffutbol%2F2014-07-21%2Ftraspaso-o-clausula-de-rescision-que-es-mejor-para-los-clubes-y-el-jugador-1276524361%2F&sandbox=1

4. A. In Spanish. http://hayderecho.com/2013/07/31/illarramendi-thiago-javi-martinez-traspaso-de-un-jugador-o-pago-de-su-clausula-de-rescision/

4. B. In English. http://translate.google.es/translate?hl=es&sl=en&tl=es&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhayderecho.com%2F2013%2F07%2F31%2Fillarramendi-thiago-javi-martinez-traspaso-de-un-jugador-o-pago-de-su-clausula-de-rescision%2F&sandbox=1

Regards to ALL.

Messi has visited London because his best friend lives there and his girlfriend also gets along well with Cesc's wife, nothing related to a possible transfer. Taxes or not, Messi's release clause is still 250m and he's got no desire to leave. Also, why would he swap sunny Barcelona for rainy London?

Messi is not a transferable player, you can wish all you want, false hope.

Messi has visited London because his best friend lives there and his girlfriend also gets along well with Cesc's wife, nothing related to a possible transfer. Taxes or not, Messi's release clause is still 250m and he's got no desire to leave. Also, why would he swap sunny Barcelona for rainy London?

Messi is not a transferable player, you can wish all you want, false hope.

You talk as if London was terrible and Barcelona the great paradise. Visit London and perhaps you will change your opinion. That of Spain SUN and London SADNESS are just things that have nothing to do with reality.

Precisely because Messi's best friend is of Fabregas and he is with us in London.

Precisely because the girlfriend Messi is the best friend of the girlfriend of Fabregas. Those are reasons to make think that Messi may want to come with us.

Why he wants to leave Barcelona?

Because after Guardiola they are not the same.

Because Messi has many problems with the Spanish justice.

Because Barcelona is a team with constant problems with their presidents and the Spanish justice.

Because Neymar is having much prominence and takes much much money.

Because Messi after be angry with Luis Enrique (who will soon renovate with Barcelona) Messi began to follow Chelsea in Instragram.

Because Mourinho and Messi are throwing praises each other for months ...

Messi is still possible...

Regards.

Who the hell is Bamford and why are you comparing him with the best player in the world and arguably in history?

As if you can afford Messi. With all the taxes and shit it would be around a million. He'll never leave Barca anyway.

It was a statement because people here were afraid of the youth team being affected negatively.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You