Lionel Messi

Myself

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2986346/Lionel-Messi-Chelsea-star-Cesc-Fabregas-enjoy-London-date-WAGS-Antonella-Roccuzzo-Daniella-Semaan.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Cesc is trying his best to bring him here !!! Thanks Cesc !

Anyway, if he wants to leave we can afford him but only from next summer. We will have additional +50 millions of pounds through new Premier League deal. He earns about 20 millions of euros net at Barcelona which is about 30 millions of pounds here (since it's gross). I think he'd settle for 22 millions of pounds. So 120m fee on 5 year contract 22 millions of pounds/year. That means his cost on FFP hit would be 46m a year. So the whole extra TV revenue will cover that. I think it's fair to say that is the money well spent !

Not to forget that adidas would pay extra let's say 10m a year since we bring their player to adidas-sponsored club. Plus somewhere Turkish Airline can be squeezed as a sponsor since we bring their player. They also could possibly help to offset the cost.

It's unlikely to happen but I want to say that we would stay compliant with FFP if we wanted such a move. And if Leo would want that, mainly.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2986346/Lionel-Messi-Chelsea-star-Cesc-Fabregas-enjoy-London-date-WAGS-Antonella-Roccuzzo-Daniella-Semaan.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Anyway, if he wants to leave we can afford him but only from next summer. We will have additional +50 millions of pounds through new Premier League deal. He earns about 20 millions of euros net at Barcelona which is about 30 millions of pounds here (since it's gross). I think he'd settle for 22 millions of pounds. So 120m fee on 5 year contract 22 millions of pounds/year. That means his cost on FFP hit would be 46m a year. So the whole extra TV revenue will cover that. I think it's fair to say that is the money well spent !

Not to forget that adidas would pay extra let's say 10m a year since we bring their player to adidas-sponsored club. Plus somewhere Turkish Airline can be squeezed as a sponsor since we bring their player. They also could possibly help to offset the cost.

It's unlikely to happen but I want to say that we would stay compliant with FFP if we wanted such a move. And if Leo would want that, mainly.

And eating with Fabregas and Deco this Monday at Harrod's commercial center (London).

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/messi-reencuentra-con-cesc-deco-londres-4002208

leo-messi-junto-cesc-deco-harrods-142591

Good BLUES friends

Step by step

The ungodly things i would do to Messi's wife.....

He will retire as undoubtedly as the greatest player ever if he isn't already. He has the dribbling and close control of Maradona, the vision and passing of Laudrup and the finishing ability of romario. Talk about being complete.

• 2 weeks later...

Messi would rather play for Accrington Stanley than play with us. The football we produce under Mourinho is the last thing to his liking.

Lmao imagine the scenes when he'd get subbed off at halftime on his PL day-view for not tracking back.

Everybody says that, and it may be true, but also the entire world said that Cristiano Ronaldo would never play with Mourinho and was thanks to Jose that Ronaldo reached a high level in the Real Madrid (with Pelegrino at Real Madrid the level of Cristiano Ronaldo was significantly lower -he was unhinged in his first season at Real Madrid-).

But which is the only trophy that Messi still has not won and that would make him the best player of all time without any kind of doubt? The World Cup.

With the style of Barcelona in three World Cups he has failed to win absolutely nothing in a World Cup. The style of Barcelona is good if you have players like Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets ... It is like dancing with your sister... is worth nothing whatsoever.

Maybe Messi may be thinking that if he could be trained by Jose Mourinho maybe that could help him win the World Cup because Jose Mourinho has shown he can win with many different styles. That could be a decisive factor to sign Messi.

With Guardiola he failed to win the World Cup because it is not the same Barcelona style than the style of Argentina.

The style of Barcelona is just "Tiki-Taka" or convinations fast game, but Mourinho has shown he can win in many different ways. Maybe that can convince Messi to come with US.

The Barcelona can use cheap philosophy to say that the only way to win is to play like them, but the reality is that Messi could not do anything outside of Barcelona because this used to play in a unique way.

If Messi signed for Chelsea with Jose Mourinho he will have three seasons before the 2018 World Cup to learn from the methods of Jose and perhaps to win the World Cup without Iniesta, Xavi, Busquets, Pique, Villa ...

It is more easier to win surrounded by a generation of players who have won: Euro 2008, World Cup 2010 and Euro 2012.

Now it is fashionable to criticize Jose and say that he is rubbish, but despite who gets upset, Jose Mourinho is probably the best coach in football history, only coach to have won trophies in four different countries, with two Champions Leagues on computers without a great story, the coach who got beat the best team in history (the Barcelona of Pep Guardiola) ...

Many cheap philosophers repeated again and again that no one will remember Jose Mourinho for his football. But are those cheap philosophers who have nightmares remembering as Jose Mourinho won them so many trophies.

It's free doubting about Jose, but Jose Mourinho will continue to be the big nightmare for cheap philosophers. Jose is the best coach of all time.

Class is to die on the pitch, not all that cheap philosophy

article-2975397-263ECAC900000578-67_636x

21 and counting...

jose-morhino-was-pumped-after-chelseas-g

Thank you very much for everything Jose.

Regards to ALL.

Messi would rather play for Accrington Stanley than play with us. The football we produce under Mourinho is the last thing to his liking.

some people have such short memories, we were playing some of the best football in the league in the 1st half of the season.

We can afford him for sure, although it would mean that our CM position would be very Fabregas dependent again next year unless Oscar learns to become a b2b or RLC steps up.

IMO we should do everything in our power to take him here, it is the next step for our squad and will provide a nice mold for Hazard, them together will be amazing for us, we need another creative player too. Varane/Stones + Messi/Mata would be ideal imo.

some people have such short memories, we were playing some of the best football in the league in the 1st half of the season.

And what's changed?

Players don't pressure off the ball, barley any movement within the midfield, and strikers tend to back off in our own half when defending the ball?

It is more than obvious someone is telling them to play in a conservative matter even though we have the quality to have already won the league by now and advance to the quater finals of the CL.

Messi is world class... for Barcelona and for La Liga.

For Chelsea? For the Premier League? I don't know!

Our past track record of signing superstar strikers is at a low unfortunately. Signing players like Shevchenko, Kezman, Torres, et al have never worked in our favour. If we're going to pay ridiculous money for someone like Messi, and hammer a big hole into our healthy FFP status, then I say it's a big gamble.

If you ask me, I care about an entire club, not one individual.

I'm not saying I don't want us to sign him.. I'm just ironing out the potential side-effects it may have on our club's future if we fork out a lot of money to sign him, and he adds his name to a list of striker failures.. if we don't sign him, I feel there's a lot more useful things we could do with a lot of money in the bank. Like improving our chances of finding English talent.. improving England's chances of World Cup success! We have Bamford, Loftus-Cheek and Solanke looking like they can make a big success of it.

I'd like to see Bamford emulate what Harry Kane has done at Tottenham. Who needs Messi??

Messi is world class... for Barcelona and for La Liga.

For Chelsea? For the Premier League? I don't know!

Our past track record of signing superstar strikers is at a low unfortunately. Signing players like Shevchenko, Kezman, Torres, et al have never worked in our favour. If we're going to pay ridiculous money for someone like Messi, and hammer a big hole into our healthy FFP status, then I say it's a big gamble.

If you ask me, I care about an entire club, not one individual.

I'm not saying I don't want us to sign him.. I'm just ironing out the potential side-effects it may have on our club's future if we fork out a lot of money to sign him, and he adds his name to a list of striker failures.. if we don't sign him, I feel there's a lot more useful things we could do with a lot of money in the bank. Like improving our chances of finding English talent.. improving England's chances of World Cup success! We have Bamford, Loftus-Cheek and Solanke looking like they can make a big success of it.

I'd like to see Bamford emulate what Harry Kane has done at Tottenham. Who needs Messi??

I cannot believe you're comparing Kezman, Sheva and Torres to possibly the greatest player that has ever lived.

Then you continue to say we don't need Messi because of Bamford. Wow.

I wonder what happens if he wins the CL again.Maybe,his hunger at Barcelona will be gone,so he needs a new adventure.

Luis Enrique gave him a new role as a RW,so I do not see struggle as our RW because he still plays world class in that position.The only problem would be Ivanovic lol.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You