Filipe Luís

Jase

He just needs games tbh, he's not going to adapt to the PL if you don't play him in it...

No more explanations needed, really.

It's quite surprising people can overlook such obvious things. Missing the forest for the trees...

I thought he did OK and was ufortunate that the ball bounced perfectly for Zaha. Let's not pretend like Azpilicueta wins 100% of his tackles.

That aside, I was wondering where on earth was the cover behind Luis back then...

I am sure a lot of people will feel much more relieved after today's game than after the Palace one. It was only Maribor but he needed some start and boy did he look great on the left flank, from both defensive and offensive points of views.

When was the last time a Chelsea fullback produced such attacking play? With his level of comfort on the ball, dribbling past players, linking up with the attacking players, the energy to constantly join attacks (without neglecting his defensive duties)..

The only thing lacking was him whipping in those delicious crosses. Great performance.

IMO we got the most complete LB in Europe in our team. Azpi has been excellent in the LB role but I am happy to see Luis get a few games in a row at LB. Ideally I want Luis as our first choice RB with Azpi and Ivanovic rotating RB role. Luis is far too good at LB to leave on the bench. He was excellent at Atletico. Bar the Palace game, he has been solid in every game this season he has stepped in. For club and country.

He's used to having di María in his pocket when Angel decides to go through the left, so I'm worried about that one :P

I do hope he has the match of his life comes Sunday. Like Skipper said, he needs EPL matches to get used to EPL physicality and while I think José was probably aiming a few more doable matches at home or against QPR, if he has a good match against United Azpili can kiss that LB position goodbye. What will happen in the RB I have no idea if it happens.

He had a great game yesterday, and offers alot more than Azpi in an attacking situation. Regarding the RB situation, im against dropping Ivanovic in current form. Ivanovic play's as a winger basically with Willian cutting inside. This gives the opposition defenders a difficult decision in who they should mark, wich results into added distraction. Azpi on the other hand is much more suited to play with Schürrle because the latter tends to stick out wide and doesn't offer the same cover to his fullback than Willian does.