Filipe Luís

Jase

He was too soft in the Palace - and that seems to be the reason why he hasn't been used in the EPL yet.

I hope we don't end up missing Azpili in our next three matches...

Anyway, it was an isolated mistake and I'm very happy with his match (although I hate we couldn't have a clean sheet) and especially his contributions to our attack.

This is his chance. But he'll have to do a whole lot better than he did today if he wants to keep that starting spot.

I don't think he did bad. Actually if you don't consider that soft tackle on Zaha, he was very good. That's the thing that's been preventing him to play EPL though... it's still much more physical than La Liga and what he was used to.

I don't think he did bad. Actually if you don't consider that soft tackle on Zaha, he was very good. That's the thing that's been preventing him to play EPL though... it's still much more physical than La Liga and what he was used to.

I thought he was doing well too. It's always much more difficult coming in in mid-match especially unexpectedly because you're not in the right mind frame. He didn't really have much to deal with but looked solid and was good on the ball. But all that will be forgotten if he makes a mistake like he did for the goal.

He can have incredibly solid 270 minutes while Azpi is away but make a couple of minor mistakes that end up costing us goals and you can bet anything that he won't be starting when Azpi gets back. Just the way football is.

I thought he was doing well too. It's always much more difficult coming in in mid-match especially unexpectedly because you're not in the right mind frame. He didn't really have much to deal with but looked solid and was good on the ball. But all that will be forgotten if he makes a mistake like he did for the goal.

He can have incredibly solid 270 minutes while Azpi is away but make a couple of minor mistakes that end up costing us goals and you can bet anything that he won't be starting when Azpi gets back. Just the way football is.

but he could also capitalize from this mistake.

I'm positive he will work much harder now, knowing his mistake cost us a goal and knowing he has 3 matches to show he can cope with the physicality. He won't want that repeat exactly because he knows it could cost him the position.

I expect to see Cesar playing against Maribor now - even if Luís has been the guy for the UCL matches. He needs to be in his best physical condition to face United.

I don't worry about QPR and the League Cup games.

but he could also capitalize from this mistake.

I'm positive he will work much harder now, knowing his mistake cost us a goal and knowing he has 3 matches to show he can cope with the physicality. He won't want that repeat exactly because he knows it could cost him the position.

I expect to see Cesar playing against Maribor now - even if Luís has been the guy for the UCL matches. He needs to be in his best physical condition to face United.

I don't worry about QPR and the League Cup games.

He certainly has the right attitude. He's shown that since moving here. I love that there isn't a single interview anywhere with him talking about his playing time since moving or anything negative. And Jose has praised his work in training.

I think if he can keep his focus at all times he can certainly make the position his own in those 3 matches, especially at old traford.

I thought he played quite well until the conceded goal. But it is rather understandable now why Jose doesn't normally play Luis in the PL games. He does appear a bit soft and lightweight for the PL. He needs to do better against United.

I think he probably needs to adapt to defending 1v1 more. At Atletico the fullbacks are hardly ever isolated 1v1 since they always press in groups and outnumber the wingers, meaning Luis could afford to miss the first challenge as somebody would be there to mop up with the second. Committing himself here was risky though but I'm sure he'll learn, and apart from that misjudgement he had a good game.

He made a challenge and the ball rebounded back to Zaha.. could have been stronger but ball slipped through his legs then the cross went through Terrys legs can hardly say that he was awful.. Terry deals with that at first post we don't concede and Luis doesn't have a "bad" game and won't need to "step it up"