Filipe Luís

Jase

I swear when Ivan was a CB people constantly complained saying he was much better as a RB? :lol:

he went on a run of about 10 games , only conceding 1 goal (azpi own goal vs sunderland) alongside david luiz of all people

I swear when Ivan was a CB people constantly complained saying he was much better as a RB? :lol:

Yeah i also don't know where this sentiment that Iva is a better CB than RB has come from, i'll never forget that match vs Arsenal in 2011, when we lost 3-1, and even though he scored the people here were all over him.

That was my opinion a few years ago. But now he has lost some physical ability, at his current state he is a much fit playing CB then RB. I think this team could do more with a CB that is more comfertable on the ball and aggressive. Also having Azpi is another reason why i would want Ivan as a CB.

Have to say, as much as Luis has given us some attacking threat from the LB position, he's yet to really convince fully from a defensive point of view.

I have to disagree about the last part, he's been pretty solid defensively other than tonight's goal and when Zaha somehow skipped past him to set up whoever it was who scored Palace's goal a few weeks ago, the only problem is when you're a defender and you make a mistake or get beaten in the box it usually ends up costing your team.

Have to say, as much as Luis has given us some attacking threat from the LB position, he's yet to really convince fully from a defensive point of view.

He hasn't been bad, not as good as Azpi, but more well rounded, better than Brana.

Really bad? I dont know what your definition of really bad is, but its either way off or you need to get yourself a pair of new glasses.

Look at the goals we've conceded and you'll see in many cases Ivanovic does something amateurish like loses track of his man. He doesn't make very obvious mistakes like scoring own goals which is probably why many don't notice it (although they all do with Luis for some reason). Maribor should have made it 2-0 yesterday because guess who switched off? Ivanovic.

Yes Luis didn't close their player down quickly enough for the first goal, admitted, and he was soon subbed off and will probably be dropped for the weekend. Harsh considering Ivanovic also didn't close their player down quickly enough for the initial cross and he gets away with crap like that and worse every game.

Ivanovic has had his best start to a season for ages! he's on of the first names on my teamsheet!

Who was responsible for City's equaliser, United's equaliser (sending off was harsh but when you tell a ref like Dowd to 'fuck off' all the time, what do you expect?) Everton's second, Schalke's equaliser, Arsenal's 1v1s that they really should have scored from, QPR's equaliser, the chance Maribor had to make it 2-0, etc.? Those are only the ones I remember off the top of my head - there's bound to have been plenty more: just watch him closely in a game - and while Ivanovic isn't the only one to blame in these examples with Schurrle, Cahill and Courtois also at fault in some cases, would Azpi have made as many mistakes as Ivanovic has? No chance.

Feel so sorry for this guy.

One day youre playing with the best players in the world, then next you got schurrle colonizing the solar system and salah making a poor attempt at kicking.

I hope him and azpi could be on the pitch together.

He's starting champions league lB for an undefeated side currently walking the league. He has to be happy, and he will be getting significant minutes next month when we have like 10 matches.

How can he be happy being a second string? Yeah we got capital one and fa but top players want to play top games.

It's too hard of an answer to come up with. Cant drop our center backs or azpi. And iva is a mourinho favorite. Its a tough situation.