Filipe Luís

Jase

Yeah seen that on Instagram earlier…..great news.

I am a firm believer that once this lad gets his foot in the door he will be a regular starter for us. I see it like this……Two ways…Cahill gets dropped and Brana moves central with JT with Luis going to LB and Azpi to RB or…Brana makes way with Azpi at RB and Luis LB. This lad for me is quality, seen enough of him at Atletico to say that, he's a fucking top class LB and for me will earn his place in this time, just time for me.

'I played with Diego five years ago and his growth has been huge,' said Filipe Luis.

'Every year he gets better and more confident. If you go back in his career and look where he started and how he suffered, he has never needed time to adapt in any place.

'He always goes to a club and scores. For some players, like me, it is not easy when you get a new club, new team-mates and everything is new, especially the physicality. But for Diego it's never difficult.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2763754/Diego-Costa-replicating-Jurgen-Klinsmann-s-seamless-introduction-Premier-League.html

Clearly stated he needs time to adapt for new environment.

Did you know that he is also eligible to play for Poland because of his paternal roots?

Congratulations to him and his family on the birth of his baby daughter.

yep, he chose not to, sadly :(

left-back is a position that we haven't had a proper player since Anczok

Villa is a very good match to start him in, but the question is ahead of whom? Let's not kid ourselves, Jose won't be dropping Iva.

If not Ivanovic then it has to be Cahill. Still can't see Luis starting at all, but for me he deserves a shot he has been very good when he has played.

If not Ivanovic then it has to be Cahill. Still can't see Luis starting at all, but for me he deserves a shot he has been very good when he has played.

Can't see Cahill being dropped either. If Ivanovic hasn't been dropped after making so many defensive errors, then I doubt Cahill will be spending time of the bench.

Well if he wont start against villa, there is plenty time for him, I mean he is only 29...

Seriously if Iva doesnt put his shit together in defence, Luis and Azpi should start. That gives us defensive stability and support in attack from BOTH sides, because Azpi can then at play on proper side where he can atleast contribute in attack to.