Diego Costa

Spike

On 1/4/2019 at 11:47 PM, Robchels said:

out of respect for people in certain countries, wish folks would refrain from using anything "great again." ;)

I hate Diego. I really do... fucking nutcase. Had everything and started forcing a move first to china then back to madrid.

End of the day, the guy did not adapt to life in london and there is really no reason to expect it will be any different if back.

But just like Eden when he was 'on' he was amazing.

I loved the fire and passion in him.

But like Eden he only showed it on occasions. IF they could just do it more often and for longer periods they would go down in history - Chelseas at least.

But couldn't take him back after all that palarva!

• 2 months later...
16 hours ago, Jason said:

Got sent off against Barcelona earlier...

Getting straight red card for just saying something to referee not matter what that is, is against football rules or at least it should be. I'm sure referees get verbal abuse every game. 

10 minutes ago, manpe said:

What, he's scored only 2 league goals since going back to ATM??

I think its something like 4 league goals in 2 seasons. Costa only has 8 goals in 25 games this season in all comps, although 3 were for Spain at the world cup so hardly counts. Morata has 4 goals in 9 hames in comparison in La Liga and 15 in 40 apperances although 7 of them were for us in PL and Europa League. Mental whod have thought Costa wouldnt do as well back at Atletico, although he has played some good games in Europe for them.

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

What, he's scored only 2 league goals since going back to ATM??

Turns out that's wrong. He's actually scored 5 goals (in 31 league games) and he's had 12 bookings (10 yellows + 2 reds) in league since returning to Atletico.

1 hour ago, NiclasCFC said:

I dont get this talk, everything has gone downhill since he left. 2 titles in his 3 seasons here speaks volumes about his importance.

Costa was great when he was here but since he returned to Atletico, he's scored only 12 goals in 44 games (he's got more booking than goals) and in the same time period, Morata also scored 12 goals for us. Also, Costa turns 31 later this year and he's never going to continue in the same form he showed for us. Our problem, as always, was finding the right player as the replacement. 

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

Costa was great when he was here but since he returned to Atletico, he's scored only 12 goals in 44 games (he's got more booking than goals) and in the same time period, Morata also scored 12 goals for us. Also, Costa turns 31 later this year and he's never going to continue in the same form he showed for us. Our problem, as always, was finding the right player as the replacement. 

True but I still think his general hold up play would of still added to our team and even his finishing prowess, he would definitely have scored chances the likes of Morata and Higuain have missed. But as you said a lack of a quality replacement was more of an issue (still disappointed Morata couldnt build on his first 15 games here and ultimately flopped, was a huge fan of his at Real for both spells and at Juve). Also, I know Costas goals havent been as regular as before in his career but that supercup game where Atletico beat Real at the start of the season, it was quite a incredible performance from him, when he plays like that goals or not, he is unplayable. 

On 4/12/2019 at 1:28 AM, OneMoSalah said:

True but I still think his general hold up play would of still added to our team and even his finishing prowess, he would definitely have scored chances the likes of Morata and Higuain have missed. But as you said a lack of a quality replacement was more of an issue (still disappointed Morata couldnt build on his first 15 games here and ultimately flopped, was a huge fan of his at Real for both spells and at Juve). Also, I know Costas goals havent been as regular as before in his career but that supercup game where Atletico beat Real at the start of the season, it was quite a incredible performance from him, when he plays like that goals or not, he is unplayable. 

But it's debatable whether Costa would have continued to be great had he stayed. He has hardly set the world alight since going back to Atletico.