Diego Costa

Spike

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Say what you want, he gave everything for Chelsea in 3 years

Disagree. He didn't in the last half a year and in 15/16. Actually he took something away with his petulant tantrums this summer.

56 minutes ago, gadget said:

Picked him up at his peak--> 2 league titles --> Sold for £20m more than we paid at almost 29yo + replaced with another with potential to be better. Works out all round

all the best Deigo 

I was thinking the same. If not for his only-Atletico-policy, we could have recouped even more and this would be hailed as the deal of the century. But still even in this marked to make such a huge profit on a 29 year old who is ages away from match fitness and can only play in January is some decent business giving how weak our negotiation position was. Great deal by the board.

And also those parting words (apart from the Community Shield fuck up) added a touch of class to this otherwise unholy affair. also Conte and the club found the right words. 

3 hours ago, Mana said:

Nooo. No, no, no, no, no.

That was a nice farewell letter, but let's not pretend about him giving it his all in his Chelsea tenure. He didn't. Clearly didn't.

Anyway, farewell Costa. You have done well. I'm happy you got your club back, and I'm happy you're gone. I miss your goals and 'fear' presence you bring to opponents, but not your unstable character.

15 hours ago, quickpassnmove said:

Meh, I never saw it that way during wintertime and during spats. On again, off again doesn't really count as "giving it his all" while fully healthy.

11 hours ago, manpe said:

Disagree. He didn't in the last half a year and in 15/16. Actually he took something away with his petulant tantrums this summer.

Meh still having grudges over him or? Conte and Diego made peace, aswell several players stated they will miss Costa.

But yeah, you must clearly know more about him than his teammates lol.

He was our top scorer in past 3 years. We won 2 titles massively thanks to his goals. 2015/16 everyone was below average, makes no sense to point out only Costa. If so then, we should get rid of entire team...

Its funny how everyone sees only events of past few months. No, its actualy sad. 

There were so many great moments Costa gave to this club and, yet people always go and point out the few bad moments. Typical negative thinking. Costa is now gone and his role at chelsea is over, that it.

Personaly I think its good to find the good points in everything, I will remember him as valuable player for Chelsea, one that helped us win many games. He was not the most pleasant character, but thats why he was so good. He was the exact player no one liked but at same time everyone would love to have in their team. Like it or not, he was big big character in our dressing room and judging by players, a positive too. 

Im sure he will do well in atletico and I wish him all the best, but hopefuly never against chelsea if we meet in future heh.

The whole society is throwing us the "nice" guy ideals, but sometimes its good to have a different, rebelious or bad guy character in squad. It certainly makes life more interesting that way. 

Judging the whole three years with Costa, cant say it was dull. So many funny and provocative moments that made seasons even more interesting. And on top of that, also two PL titles. Not a bad for someone everyone here says he almost destroyed Chelsea seasons. The media certainly did great job making you believe their story. 

Then you see Eden, Cesc, Tibo,...picking only the best words about Diego...

50 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Meh still having grudges over him or? Conte and Diego made peace, aswell several players stated they will miss Costa.

He was our top scorer in past 3 years. We won 2 titles massively thanks to his goals. 2015/16 everyone was below average, makes no sense to point out only Costa. If so then, we should get rid of entire team...

Its funny how everyone sees only events of past few months. No, its actualy sad. 

There were so many great moments Costa gave to this club and, yet people always go and point out the few bad moments. Typical negative thinking. Costa is now gone and his role at chelsea is over, that it.

Personaly I think its good to find the good points in everything, I will remember him as valuable player for Chelsea, one that helped us win many games. He was not the most pleasant character, but thats why he was so good. He was the exact player no one liked but at same time everyone would love to have in their team. Like it or not, he was big big character in our dressing room and judging by players, a positive too. 

Im sure he will do well in atletico and I wish him all the best, but hopefuly never against chelsea if we meet in future heh.

The whole society is throwing us the "nice" guy ideals, but sometimes its good to have a different, rebelious or bad guy character in squad. It certainly makes life more interesting that way. 

Judging the whole three years with Costa, cant say it was dull. So many funny and provocative moments that made seasons even more interesting. And on top of that, also two PL titles. Not a bad for someone everyone here says he almost destroyed Chelsea seasons. The media certainly did great job making you believe their story. 

At the beginning of last season, he played so well for us that I was ready to FORGET EVERY RESERVATION I HAD ABOUT HIM  and even thought about buying his shirt. But what did he do... AGAIN????  

Every season it was something. 

So, although you clearly don't understand why people don't like him, it might be easier to understand why fans like myself would still rather buy a Drogba shirt after three years of Diego's superb-then-disappointing cycles. If it were injury problems all of us would be more understanding.

His teammates would always get along with him because he brings levity and enjoyment among them; that means nothing to fans who see a petulent prick who doesn't give it his best effort during a whole season 3 years running.

2 hours ago, Mana said:

I'm not holding a grudge, it's just that I'm not a hamroll or a flip-flop.

Conte and Costa made peace? Please don't be naive. Yes, to the press they say they have "made up" to end all the Conte-Costa hate gossip...but it's all lies. Conte and Costa obviously still don't want to go near each other. Just think about it for a second.

If Conte and Costa actually, wholeheartedly made up...why is Costa still going to Atletico? Why is Costa still not playing for us until at least January? I'm sorry, but they still dislike each other. They only agreed to cover up their little feud.

And for pete's sake, stop saying we won the league because of "Costa's goals". BS. Complete and utter BS. Yes the goals contributed greatly, but his goals are not the main reason why we won 2 leagues. What about the assists and beautiful passes that helped Costa score? What about Hazard stepping up to the plate when Costa was shite? What about our defense who worked their socks off? What about Conte and Mourinho? Here's a clue on what I'm trying to say here. Chelsea won the league. We won the league because of Chelsea. Not because of Diego Costa.

2015/16, everyone was below average THAT INCLUDES Costa, so doesn't that contradict on what you said that "he gave it his all?" Costa threw bibs and tantrums in the early parts of the season instead of scoring...

A "big character" in the dressing room? Excuse me how? What did he do that made him a big character in the dressing room? Him being a beast with his foot at times, doesn't exactly mean he was a big character in the dressing room. JT is a big character. DD is a big character. I don't see Costa being an inspirational character when we are losing half-time.

Oh and just because he made friends with other players, doesn't mean he's a "big" character. If Bats leaves Chelsea tomorrow, he'll get the love too from other players.

He was a beast and when he is hunting for goals he's unstoppable. And if we left it at that, I'll love Costa to bits. But like Mourinho, he has bad antics which hurts Chelsea FC. And I love the club more than Diego Costa.

It's natural that people will remember the bad things more than the good things. If Tim stole your valuables, but you see him doing things for charity as well...will you say he's a good guy?

No, I won't forget what he did while he was beast mode. But I won't forget the terrible things he has done either.

===

Also when you said "Then you see Eden, Cesc, Tibo,...picking only the best words about Diego..."

While I do believe they miss him, what do you expect them to say otherwise? "I hate you Costa, don't come back?" lol

Nope, they simply wouldnt talk to media about him if they didnt like him. 

Thing is Costa hurting Chelsea was merely media trick. He gets along with players which is most important thing. He helped us win countless games and yes despite few games he missed due to cards, he rarely hurt the team. Several player have bust ups, doesnt mean they should be sold the same second. Its that same temperament that also makes them quality players. I wasnt happy how things went during summer, but that was after our season was finished and we had replacement before new season. Since january he wasnt as great as before, but that could be for number of reasons. And YET if you go back, his presence still helped us win many games and everytime he scored he celebrated in proper way, with plenty of respect to us, the fans. He clearly still liked the club. What went between him and Conte, its up to them. Fuck the media and their reports, unless either comes up and explains it all, I wont blame either of them nor shoud you, because neither you or me knows the truth.

Anyway as I said it, Costa is gone. Personaly I will be thankful for what he did, he did alot for this club, arguably only Hazard was on same level during both title wins. Yeah he was a cunt, but he was our cunt. He played that way and in most cases it was opponents who got hurt for that, not our club. I see no damn reason on disliking or hating him because thats a thing of past now. He brought titles and happy memories to me during last three years and thats only thing that matters. As for you, if you wish to dislike him ok, but he is out, nothing will change. Personaly I simply prefer keeping the good picture of him and laugh whenever he makes something stupid and admire him when he scores wondergoals. Better than having sour feelings or calling him cunt every time I see him on tv or internet.

6 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Your post is all good and well, but as you quoted me too, then the only thing I disagree with was your claim that Costa "gave everything". You don't have to look much further than this summer where he refused to return to the club while still under contract and deliberately tried to bring his price down with his media appearances and force Chelsea's hand, costing us money. Maybe you don't count that, but I do, because at that point he was still a Chelsea player acting against us. And even then, if we talk about football, he stopped giving his all after that January debacle. He could have helped our cause much better if he had cared as much as he did before. He may not have had the same motivation because now it's known he was aware in January he will be sold, but the fact remains that he stopped giving his all.

• 3 months later...

Could only happen to Costa eh, Score in 5 mins on your big come back game only to have someone stamp on your leg during celebrations (so it seemed to me)

Seems el Mino wasn't chuffed about seeing him score tho bless him :Goober:

Torres.jpg

Diego-Costa.jpg