Diego Costa

Spike

5 minutes ago, Azpinator said:

Why do people keep saying that and pretend like the 2015/16 season didn't exist?

There were times when we fans actually wanted fucking Traore to start instead of him.

He's not Drogba. He will never reach the class level of someone like Drogba. For me he will be remembered as the striker who scored almost as many goals as Salomon Kalou, which is an insult to veteran Kalou in my honest fucked-up opinion.

Even in his shitty season (2015/16) he scored 16 goals. Drogba has scored more than 16 only in 2 out of 9 season he spent at the club. You can argue about theirs personalities, that's fine (even if first years of Drogba were pretty similar to first years of Costa; Drogba even criticezed team in the press, which Costa never did), but Costa was terrific player and goalscorer and bad half of the season doesn't change that.

1 minute ago, pHaRaOn said:

Even in his shitty season (2015/16) he scored 16 goals. Drogba has scored more than 16 only in 2 out of 9 season he spent at the club. You can argue about theirs personalities, that's fine (even if first years of Drogba were pretty similar to first years of Costa; Drogba even criticezed team in the press, which Costa never did), but Costa was terrific player and goalscorer and bad half of the season doesn't change that.

If you're insinuating that Costa is cut from same cloth as Drogba (quality-wise) then I happily disagree. Didier, despite the times in which he was critisized, is comfortably superior in my opinion, from his fighting spirit to his free-kick and aerial skills. I don't think this matter should ever be discussed to be honest.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

They can't really do that can they? First of all he's unavailavle until January because of Atletico's ban and second of all the transfer window is closed and he won't be officially their player anytime soon.

1 hour ago, the wes said:

If we get transfer banned we won't be spending for a while ffs :(:(

Worst case scenario we will have Ruben-Baker-Tammy-Aina-Baba-Boga-Kalas-Miazga-Pasalic-Zouma-Van Ginkel-Blackman to call upon and no doubt afew more lol and with Gary Cahill at 31/32 being the oldest outfield player mmm think we are in better shape than some other clubs , but surely Cfc and board lol have not been that silly!

28 minutes ago, different level said:

They can't really do that can they? First of all he's unavailavle until January because of Atletico's ban and second of all the transfer window is closed and he won't be officially their player anytime soon.

Not sure what the rule is with the official unveiling but don't think there's anything that stops them from casually (re-)introducing Costa to the Atleti crowd.

Given the circumstances that sounds like a good deal for us. But then again I'm not especially thrilled with the situation that leads to us losing one of our best strikers since I'm watching football. Don't get me wrong, Diego has only himself to blame and it's never nice to keep a disruptive player around no matter how talented he is. Obviously Conte thought the same and the club supported him which was the right thing to do.

6 hours ago, the wes said:

If we get transfer banned we won't be spending for a while ffs :(:(

Looking at some of the young guns that played against Forest last night we  may not need to :D I thought Musonda was a young Hazard, and his happiness when he scored was a joy to see. None of the guys that played looked overawed. I was really impressed with them to be honest :offtopic:

13 minutes ago, Fernando said:

What about Tammy? He can come in an we have Morata, Tammy and Bats. That might not be that bad. 

Let's see how Tammy develops this season at Swansea

That's an utterly suicidal strikeforce to have for a club like ours. There are already doubts as to whether having Morata and Batshuayi is enough to compete on all fronts and adding Tammy into the mix will only add more doubts. Even if he develops well at Swansea, he's still only 19 years old and it would be unfair to expect so much from him at this point to contribute big time for us.

I think it's good business by the club.  On his day he is unplayable, but he didn't want to play for us (or be unplayable for us?......) anymore.

I think that the fee received is pretty good considering that he was only going to go to Madrid.