Diego Costa

Spike

so my point still stands even your stats don't show much difference between the two, and then factor in Costa hasn't always played as a striker, and hasn't always taken penalties and his record becomes even more impressive.

so yeah Ageuro is world class but Costa isn't.

there is a lot of difference in the stats. look at them. specially when it comes to minutes/goal+assist ratio. and that is what defines a world class player and a good player.

for city, there have been times through out the 4 seasons when aguero has played in a supporting role, so i dont know why u keep bringing that one season up again and again.

and then there is the massive difference between their general link up play and quality of football.

so yes, aguero is world class and costa is not.

there is a lot of difference in the stats. look at them. specially when it comes to minutes/goal+assist ratio. and that is what defines a world class player and a good player.

for city, there have been times through out the 4 seasons when aguero has played in a supporting role, so i dont know why u keep bringing that one season up again and again.

and then there is the massive difference between their general link up play and quality of football.

so yes, aguero is world class and costa is not.

very little difference, and Costa has played less games as a striker and has taken fewer penalties/freekicks then Aguero.

Then factor in what has achieved each season, like in 11/12 he recovers from a very bad knee injury, scores 10 goals in 16 games for Rayo Vallecano to save them from relegation, then he goes back to Atletico where he mainly plays out wide or behind Falcao, he ends up scoring 20 goals and winning the Copa Del Rey scoring in every round including the final against Real Madrid. Then in 2013/14 he scored 27 goals in La Liga 1 less then Messi, en route to the La Liga title! something Aguero could only dream of, as well as guiding Atletico to the CL final scoring 8 goals again something Aguero could only dream of doing. Then last season he comes to a new country, new League, new style of football settles straight away, scores 20 League goals en route to the PL title as well as scoring at Wembley in the League Cup final. But yeah Costa isn't world class is he?

at 26 years old to recover from such a bad injury and achieve what he has over the last 4 seasons in simply outstanding, and not many players at 26 years old can match what he has done. There is no logic to your argument you simply dont like the guy, just like you don't like Fabregas who was excellent yesterday, but according to you he was awful. Use some logic for once and put your emotions to one side.

The word "world-class" is used so many times, does this description really fit Aguero?
What has this boy done for Argentina?!
What has the "wonder-boy" Aguero achieved in the Champions-League against the big boys when it really mattered?

Hardly nothing!

How many chances does Aguero need to score the goals?!
Way too many!

It's part of the game, how long can Aguero stay fit?

Very rarely!

Diego Costa puts himself out there and does not back down easily.

He is almost always available and does have an impact in the games.

The likes of Messi and Ronaldo, maybe Suarez are really exceptional, but the rest is on a similar level...

I'm sorry but the near certainty that he will one day get a lengthy ban and the real possibility that he might sometime cost us an important match are NOT the only reasons I am upset by his behavior. Call me naive but I believe that there needs to be some degree of morality clean competitiveness and sportsmanship in football. The game is by far the biggest in the world and has HUGE cultural effects almost everywhere and ideally I'd like to see those things promoted around the world rather than cheating, underhandedness and needless violence.

I think the fact that the above looks so absurd relative to what has been posted here speaks volumes about the morality and ethics of a lot people on the internet..

very little difference, and Costa has played less games as a striker and has taken fewer penalties/freekicks then Aguero.

Then factor in what has achieved each season, like in 11/12 he recovers from a very bad knee injury, scores 10 goals in 16 games for Rayo Vallecano to save them from relegation, then he goes back to Atletico where he mainly plays out wide or behind Falcao, he ends up scoring 20 goals and winning the Copa Del Rey scoring in every round including the final against Real Madrid. Then in 2013/14 he scored 27 goals in La Liga 1 less then Messi, en route to the La Liga title! something Aguero could only dream of, as well as guiding Atletico to the CL final scoring 8 goals again something Aguero could only dream of doing. Then last season he comes to a new country, new League, new style of football settles straight away, scores 20 League goals en route to the PL title as well as scoring at Wembley in the League Cup final. But yeah Costa isn't world class is he?

at 26 years old to recover from such a bad injury and achieve what he has over the last 4 seasons in simply outstanding, and not many players at 26 years old can match what he has done. There is no logic to your argument you simply dont like the guy, just like you don't like Fabregas who was excellent yesterday, but according to you he was awful. Use some logic for once and put your emotions to one side.

now now, let me get this straight.

you used a dubious "goal/game" stat to somehow show that costa is world class and u want me to use logic. okay, sure!!!

anyways,

just by stats, costa has a 100minute/goal+assist ratio compared to 78 of aguero. lukaku has 105 and chicha has 99.

all the stats, show how exactly aguero is superior to costa in every thing.

also, let me get the latter part of your argument straight. just cos man city underperforms in the CL, means aguero is shit?

so before the last season when suarez was in liverpool and pool were not even in CL, means suarez was not world class? how are you extrapolating pelegrini's shit tactics of playing 4-4-2 at camp nou as aguero's limitation?

so costa is the only player to recover from an injury? with that "logic" aguero is god, cos he keeps getting injured but comes back like nothing has been missed and start banging them in for fun.

also, aguero did not shift to a new league, new team and blah blah blah in 11/12 which are also included in your stats? if i remember correctly city too won the PL that season adn aguero was a massive player for them.

lastly, 2 people have said the same thing about costa's position. aguero has played 72 appearance "behind dzeko/tevez/balo". (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/14260/History/Sergio-Agero)

so there is not much difference.

also, lets look at their overall play. costa is a "big" guy yet, his hold up play and ball shielding is average at best. look at yesterday to see what i am talking about. aguero's ball shielding is barely second to any striker in the world. his on the ball strength makes it a massive deal for the defenders to even get the ball off him. despite being a "big" guy, costa's aerial prowess is downright poor. lets not even compare aguero and costa's "dribbling" and "link up play". what is left is goal scoring which costa is great in as is aguero. but overall play wise, no where near.

simply said, given an option between the 2 to lead your team (you being the manager), i am sure majority of the people would take aguero in a heartbeat compared to costa.

ps - aguero has 16 goals by penalties since 11/12, costa has 13 (http://www.transfermarkt.com/sergio-aguero/elfmetertore/spieler/26399/plus/?saison_id=2015&wettbewerb_id=) (http://www.transfermarkt.com/diego-costa/elfmetertore/spieler/44779).

so another dud argument.

He was cavity searched in the penalty area as if it were customs and excise.

Gabriel and Koscielny tried to wind him up and ended up winding themselves up.

Costa actually needs more protection from referees, and the club would do well to put that out there, before theres the moral crusade against him.

Great day yesterday, 6 scored and 0 against in the last two games. Fuck the hairshirt brigade.

you used a dubious "goal/game" stat to somehow show that costa is world class and u want me to use logic. okay, sure!!!

anyways,

just by stats, costa has a 100minute/goal+assist ratio compared to 78 of aguero. lukaku has 105 and chicha has 99.

also, let me get the latter part of your argument straight. just cos man city underperforms in the CL, means aguero is shit?

so before the last season when suarez was in liverpool and pool were not even in CL, means suarez was not world class? how are you extrapolating pelegrini's shit tactics of playing 4-4-2 at camp nou as aguero's limitation?

so costa is the only player to recover from an injury? with that "logic" aguero is god, cos he keeps getting injured but comes back like nothing has been missed and start banging them in for fun.

also, aguero did not shift to a new league, new team and blah blah blah in 11/12 which are also included in your stats? if i remember correctly city too won the PL that season adn aguero was a massive player for them.

lastly, 2 people have said the same thing about costa's position. aguero has played 72 appearance "behind dzeko/tevez/balo". (http://www.whoscored.com/Players/14260/History/Sergio-Agero)

also, lets look at their overall play. costa is a "big" guy yet, his hold up play and ball shielding is average at best. look at yesterday to see what i am talking about. aguero's ball shielding is barely second to any striker in the world. his on the ball strength makes it a massive deal for the defenders to even get the ball off him. despite being a "big" guy, costa's aerial prowess is downright poor. lets not even compare aguero and costa's "dribbling" and "link up play". what is left is goal scoring which costa is great in as is aguero. but overall play wise, no where near.

simply said, given an option between the 2 to lead your team (you being the manager), i am sure majority of the people would take aguero in a heartbeat compared to costa.

So what you gonna do then keep pining for Aguero, or support Diego and Chelsea ?

What has this boy done for Argentina?!

What has the "wonder-boy" Aguero achieved in the Champions-League against the big boys when it really mattered?

Hardly nothing!

the first argument can be given for messi too.

the second one would make suarez look stupid a year ago cos pool was not even in the CL.

that does not change the fact that suarez was a world class player even before joining barca and winning the CL. aguero has done anything in CL cos city have underperformed massively. pelegrini played 4-4-2 against barca, while trying to attack fire with fire, what did you think is going to happen in that case.

none of these makes aguero not a world class player.

So what you gonna do then keep pining for Aguero, or support Diego and Chelsea ?

i will support costa. i dont need your permission for that.

but a certain poster on here, put in some dubious stats to compare aguero and costa. i am simply clearing his misbeliefs.

also, give me a sentence where i have been "pining" for aguero.

or wait, now if someone says that messi/CR are better than hazard, they dont support chelsea and hazard and are pining for messi/CR?

anyways,

No idea at all why you are talking about City underperforming in Europe and Suarez not playing in the CL for Liverpool, I never mentioned them or Aguero's performances in the CL. You do this a lot, you talk about random stuff in your replies that I have not even mentioned.

As for Costa's injury it was the type of injury that ends careers, where most players don't come back as the same player, that's why I mentioned it, but I take your opinion with a pinch of salt anyway as you are clearly biased, I bet even Aguero would tell you Costa is world class.

i will support costa. i dont need your permission for that.

but a certain poster on here, put in some dubious stats to compare aguero and costa. i am simply clearing his misbeliefs.

also, give me a sentence where i have been "pining" for aguero.

or wait, now if someone says that messi/CR are better than hazard, they dont support chelsea and hazard and are pining for messi/CR?

you clearly are I just had to break down what Costa has done for his teams in the last 4 season since suffering a very bad injury, and you reply with more nonsense trying to say Aguero is still better, lets see if you are capable of answering these questions.

are you impressed with what Costa has done in his career since coming back from his injury in 2011?

do you think a player who isn't world class could have achieved what Costa has since 2011 and play such a key role like Diego?

lets see if you can answer those questions honestly.

No idea at all why you are talking about City underperforming in Europe and Suarez not playing in the CL for Liverpool, I never mentioned them or Aguero's performances in the CL. You do this a lot, you talk about random stuff in your replies that I have not even mentioned.

As for Costa's injury it was the type of injury that ends careers, where most players don't come back as the same player, that's why I mentioned it, but I take your opinion with a pinch of salt anyway as you are clearly biased, I bet even Aguero would tell you Costa is world class.

"as well as guiding Atletico to the CL final scoring 8 goals again something Aguero could only dream of doing."

costa taking ATM to CL final was given as one of the reasons for him being as good as aguero or something aguero could only "dream of". hence city's performances in the CL came into question mark. ATM as a team went to CL final and almost won it, costa was an important cog (even though atm beat barca over 2 legs without costa) but not the main cog.

what has diego's injury got to do with him world class or not. we know he is a fighter (infact, sometimes, i forget he is a footballer). him coming off a massive injury is a testament to his character and will, not to him being world class. maybe i am biased. but if someone says hazard is better than messi, i ll be biased in that case too. simply cos its far from the truth.

you clearly are I just had to break down what Costa has done for his teams in the last 4 season since suffering a very bad injury, and you reply with more nonsense trying to say Aguero is still better, lets see if you are capable of answering these questions.

are you impressed with what Costa has done in his career since coming back from his injury in 2011?

do you think a player who isn't world class could have achieved what Costa has since 2011 and play such a key role like Diego?

lets see if you can answer those questions honestly.

koke was a vital cog in ATM system when they won the league, went to CL final.

and no he is not a world class player.

so costa's acheivements have been impressive but it does not make him a world class player. filipe luis is not a world class player too, by the way and he has achieved as much as costa, and infact it was him and koke down the left which was ATM's main weapon. the loss of filipe hurt atm more than anything last season. costa got the goals, but in terms of importance, he was as important as those 2 or a 32 year old villa (who was not world class by then).