Diego Costa

Spike

Terry on Costa...

http://www.chelseafc.com/news/latest-news/2014/07/terry-talks-costa.html

John Terry has given his verdict on new signing Diego Costa, and believes the striker will be a hit at Stamford Bridge.

Costa completed his move from Atletico Madrid on Tuesday to provide another attacking element to Jose Mourinho’s squad, having helped steer the Spaniards to their first La Liga title since 1996, as well as scoring a crucial penalty against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge last season on the way to the Champions League final.

That contest allowed Terry to experience what it’s like facing the Brazilian-born Spaniard in person, and he was left in no doubt about the striker.

‘First of all, his movement and his strength are really good – I was really surprised by it,’ said Terry, who is now in his 20th season with Chelsea. ‘I think everyone remembers the square-up we had in the first 10 minutes of the first leg of our semi-final game against Atletico Madrid last season, after which I thought, “Fair play”.

‘He holds the ball up very well, he has got great movement and he is really physical, but he is very clever with his strength and the way he uses his body. I think he could be a very good signing for us.’

Diego Costa sends warning to Fernando Torres

Chelsea's new signing tells striker that he will score straight away

Chelsea's latest Summer signing, Diego Costa, has sent a warning message to his own team-mate, Fernando Torres, warning him that he will hit the ground running in front of goal for his new club.

The Spaniard has become the latest expensive striker to seal a move to Stamford Bridge, but in recent times, not many of their strikers have become successful at The Bridge, with Torres being one of them, who the club signed for £50million from Liverpool.

However, their latest purchase, who cost them £32m, has warned his strike partner that goals will come fast for him at his new club and he promises that he will adapt to the Premier League quickly.

Costa said: "It's always good to have competition. The important thing for a big club is having great players.

"Torres is a great player, I know I will have to fight hard to be among the team but I like that. So I think it will be a clean and healthy competition.

"I am hopeful for what is happening in my life and I will adapt well.

"I have wanted to play in the Premier League for a long time and I think it will be a very good and fast adaptation."

"I do not think there will be many changes to the style of play (compared with Atletico). Chelsea are a great team and the Premier League is good to play in."

“Everybody knows it is a big club in a very competitive league, and I am very excited to get started in England with a fantastic coach and team-mate

He definitely isn't a top player yet, hence why I said he'd be an interesting project since he is only 19. Firmino is definitely a very good player (another one I can't believe Scolari didn't even look at) but my problem with him is that he's more of a 10 than a true 9.

True, but there aren't many true 9's out there who possess the technique needed to unlock on their own. I can't think of any off the top of my head at least

He looks ambidextrous, scores goals with both his left and right foot. Very useful skill to have! :)

Good, hopefully we'll see none of this bullshit switching the ball to the stronger foot and fucking up a glorious chance to shoot. Seen that too often and it's unbelievably annoying when players do that. JUST SHOOT FFS.

Sorry, mini rant over.