Diego Costa

Spike

I taught my son to kick it with his left before using his right. He is naturally right footed but this just teaches them that the left isn't just for standing on. He can now play left and right wing and take corners from each side using either feet.

Do keep your son away from Wenger..........

I find it hard to believe that nearly in the XXI century we would have that kind of mistake in Brazil - about his age.

He went to Europe young and never played for any youth NT, so there's no need for him to have been the one to rig it.

But as he was born in the middle of nowhere, maybe his parents when going to the closest city hall (can't say if his small county had one), could have made a mistake about a few months, but at most (and I still find it hard to believe) a couple of years.

But he looks even older than me tbh... I guess it's just bad genes and bad skin at the end of the day.

I find it hard to believe that nearly in the XXI century we would have that kind of mistake in Brazil - about his age.

He went to Europe young and never played for any youth NT, so there's no need for him to have been the one to rig it.

But as he was born in the middle of nowhere, maybe his parents when going to the closest city hall (can't say if his small county had one), could have made a mistake about a few months, but at most (and I still find it hard to believe) a couple of years.

But he looks even older than me tbh... I guess it's just bad genes and bad skin at the end of the day.

I know everyone jokes about it but I think it is quite worrying that he could well be much older than 25. Might he already be in his peak now and therefore not show the kind of development and improvement we would expect from him over the coming years?

I know everyone jokes about it but I think it is quite worrying that he could well be much older than 25. Might he already be in his peak now and therefore not show the kind of development and improvement we would expect from him over the coming years?

why would he be older?

As I said he didn't play any youth of relevance - going to Europe too young and already playing for senior teams when he was still U-20, U-21.

He didn't play youth international football, so there's no reason for him to have done it himself.

As I also stated I don't believe it would happen in Brazil in the 90's (it was common up to the 60's in remote or rural areas here, but nowadays I don't think so). Maybe if his city is way too remote, his parents could have waited more kids to be born before going a long way to the nearest City Hall. Even then it's unlikely and it wouldn't be more than a few months - if they weren't careful enough to write down the exact day, month and year he was born.

It's only had skin and genes... there's no reason to worry about that sort of thing at all.

edit: just checked his city. It's a big one - things considered - with over 100k inhabitants, certainly it has a city hall of its own. There's no reason at all to believe he's even one day older than his birth certificate says...

why would he be older? As I said he didn't play any youth of relevance - going to Europe too young and already playing for senior teams when he was still U-20, U-21. He didn't play youth international football, so there's no reason for him to have done it himself. As I also stated I don't believe it would happen in Brazil at the 90's (it was common up to the 60's in remote or rural areas here, but nowadays I don't think so). Maybe if his city is way too remote, his parents could have waited more kids to be born before going a long way to the nearest City Hall. Even then it's unlikely and it wouldn't be more than a few months - if they weren't careful enough to write down the exact day, month and year he was born. It's only had skin and genes... there's no reason to worry about that sort of thing at all.

To me an administrative error would seem more likely than bad genes/skin, but your explanation is fair so I think it is just that he's the oldest-looking 25-year-old I've ever seen lol

To me an administrative error would seem more likely than bad genes/skin, but your explanation is fair so I think it is just that he's the oldest-looking 25-year-old I've ever seen lol

In the region he was born (Brazilian Northeast) regardless if people are good looking or not - I've always thought many of them look older than they are.

The exception is @Dion, who looks half his age :ph34r: (but then again I'm not sure he is born there) but it's not uncommon to see people from that region looking older than they really are.

Don't worry, an administrative error would have been caught by his parents while he was still young. He was probably born in a hospital, not in a farm (although it seems the city has a big rural population), and that sort of thing would be much more likely in even more remote and much smaller cities where going to the city hall at every new kid born would be difficult for the parents, who would get their kids birth certificates all at once.

In the region he was born (Brazilian Northeast) regardless if people are good looking or not - I've always thought many of them look older than they are.

The exception is @Dion, who looks half his age :ph34r: (but then again I'm not sure he is born there) but it's not uncommon to see people from that region looking older than they really are.

Don't worry, an administrative error would have been caught by his parents while he was still young. He was probably born in a hospital, not in a farm (although it seems the city has a big rural population), and that sort of thing would be much more likely in even more remote and much smaller cities where going to the city hall at every new kid born would be difficult for the parents, who would get their kids birth certificates all at once.

I find this racist, I'm reporting you! HAHAHAHA. Nope. In all honesty there's some truth to that but it usually only applies to the poorest people or countryside people in the Northeast because they will be exposed more often to the sun when working/farming thus provoking the aging of their skin cells earlier. Richer people may only achieve that if they REALLY love to tan often at the beach and are stupid enough to not use sunscreen, and some are. But it shouldn't have a major effect on young people, I'm not sure about Costa's background, but from the limited time I suppose he could have gone under those circumstances, I'd say it could be a minor factor at most, he has gone to Europe young so genetics are most probably the main factor. Looking older or younger ( :rolleyes: ) due to genetics may occur anywhere.

I was born in the Northeast by the way. In Recife, one of the host cities. I wish I managed to buy tickets for Germany vs. USA before they ran out (can run out be used in this context?).

I find this racist, I'm reporting you! HAHAHAHA. Nope. In all honesty there's some truth to that but it usually only applies to the poorest people or countryside people in the Northeast because they will be exposed more often to the sun when working/farming thus provoking the aging of their skin cells earlier. Richer people may only achieve that if they REALLY love to tan often at the beach and are stupid enough to not use sunscreen, and some are. But it shouldn't have a major effect on young people, I'm not sure about Costa's background, but from the limited time I suppose he could have gone under those circumstances, I'd say it could be a minor factor at most, he has gone to Europe young so genetics are most probably the main factor. Looking older or younger ( :rolleyes: ) due to genetics may occur anywhere.

I was born in the Northeast by the way. In Recife, one of the host cities. I wish I managed to buy tickets for Germany vs. USA before they ran out (can run out be used in this context?).

actually what I meant is that the gene carries on around on some regions simply because people with certain stereotypes genes keep reproducing between themselves in certain regions. That's how the world has kept some stereotypes in countries, continents, etc...

I'm not saying everyone, which is why I said many... what I meant was more genetic than adaptive (which could even be a consequence of the conditions and environment). People in the south colonized by Dutch and German when reproducing among themselves still carry on the stereotype being blond, having green or blue eyes, very caucasian, etc (which is very un-Brazilian as most of the people here descend from Portuguese and native indians, in addition to Africans) because there's a considerable niche there. I meant a niche of a gene pool - which happens in many places in Brazil. Then people from the same predisposition marry or have children between themselves and the genes continue to carry on in that region.

You're the exception because not only you don't look old, you don't look even your age, you look half of it. Come on, that's a compliment :ph34r:

And there's nothing wrong with some people from that region looking older than they are... Angelina Jolie and Blake Lively (especially the latter) look a few years older than they are. I guess no man here would complain to have either. At least Brad PItt and Ryan Reynolds aren't :P.

edit: what I think doesn't help Costa is that he seems to have had a lot of skin issues when younger as he has acne scars in his face - or something like that. He stayed in Brazil until he was 18, although when he was 16 he moved to São Paulo. I don't think it had anything to do with sun, but more with him carrying on the genes from his parent(s) who could also look older than they are. And his skin issue probably making it worse.

I actually like how he looks, he's sort of scary and we've been soft for a few years - even in the look department (look at Torres). When a defender comes near someone who looks like could eat them alive, and whose look could kill, they may feel a bit more intimidated.

What makes little sense to me is questioning his real age and I don't think @ concerns are realistic, as I'm 98% sure he's the age his birth certificate says and we shouldn't be worrying about him being older and start to feel the weight of the age slowing him down or affecting him physically. That makes no sense in my head.

actually what I meant is that the gene carries on around on some regions simply because people with certain stereotypes genes keep reproducing between themselves in certain regions. That's how the world has kept some stereotypes in countries, continents, etc...

I'm not saying everyone, which is why I said many... what I meant was more genetic than adaptive (which could even be a consequence of the conditions and environment). People in the south colonized by Dutch and German when reproducing among themselves still carry on the stereotype being blond, having green or blue eyes, very caucasian, etc (which is very un-Brazilian as most of the people here descend from Portuguese and native indians, in addition to Africans) because there's a considerable niche there. I meant a niche of a gene pool - which happens in many places in Brazil. Then people from the same predisposition marry or have children between themselves and the genes continue to carry on in that region.

You're the exception because not only you don't look old, you don't look even your age, you look half of it. Come on, that's a compliment :ph34r:

And there's nothing wrong with some people from that region looking older than they are... Angelina Jolie and Blake Lively (especially the latter) look a few years older than they are. I guess no man here would complain to have either. At least Brad PItt and Ryan Reynolds aren't :P

I just find it odd because I don't see it. I don't notice northeastern people looking any older than people from other regions. And I think you meant German and Italian in the South. The Dutch had a minor impact in Brazilian heritage. They actually had a bigger role in the Northeast than in the South - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_Brazil. However, those events trace back to times so old that their genes have almost completely blended with black/native/portuguese genes by now. The South has closer looks to their european ancestry because the german/italian immigration was more recent and it began about when black slavery was starting to decline - so there was less of a variety for it to blend with, while Northeast has mixed their european genes a lot with black slaves since back in the 1500s-1800s when sugar cane plantations and black slavery were the main economical propellers.