Diego Costa

Spike

Brilliant, now go and show Torres how to play football and at the same time carry on being a horrible cunt.

Just hope he doesn't go into Suarez mode of cunt or we are dead. Even punching and kicking will result in 3 games ban here usually compared with Spain where you get nothing.

Just hope he doesn't go into Suarez mode of cunt or we are dead. Even punching and kicking will result in 3 games ban here usually compared with Spain where you get nothing.

I want him in the face of every defender and backing into people, be that difficult to mark and feared striker we need.

Proper Jose player.

Glad it's official although I've assumed he's been our player for about two months now. Be excited to see him finally take the pitch because I think he'll surprise a few people with his size and movement.

If he continues to do what he did for Atletico then he gives the players behind him far more space to operate in as well as a target who constantly makes runs beyond the last man, as well as an obvious target for crosses. Personality-wise he doesn't seem the type to let his head drop and I can't think many defenders will want to face him.

Still has everything to prove though and needs to keep on the right side of aggressive and not drift into dirty, but another nice bit of business by the club.

Glad it's official although I've assumed he's been our player for about two months now. Be excited to see him finally take the pitch because I think he'll surprise a few people with his size and movement.

If he continues to do what he did for Atletico then he gives the players behind him far more space to operate in as well as a target who constantly makes runs beyond the last man, as well as an obvious target for crosses. Personality-wise he doesn't seem the type to let his head drop and I can't think many defenders will want to face him.

Still has everything to prove though and needs to keep on the right side of aggressive and not drift into dirty, but another nice bit of business by the club.

How will this be accomplished? Our problem was finishing off the rare chance that was created against deep defending teams. Its not like defenders never accounted for Torres, Eto'o and Ba, its that they never finished off the few opportunities we've had to score against that type of team. The space for the AMids thing is a bit of a non-issue for me.

None of our strikers last season actually stretched defences. They didn't push them back, they didn't play on the last man, they rarely had decent movement (Eto'o at times was criminal in just standing around) and they didn't bully defenders. Our strikers last season were woeful.

Plus he's far stronger in the air than those three which is another thing you want when teams play deep.

I would argue there wasn't a whole lot of space to stretch. When a team is so compact the space in behind them is non-existent.

I would agree we need a bully, a guy that will fight for space in the box but don't think that Costa will be the key to opening up the game for our AttMids.

What I'm hoping will occur is we will be more clinical with the chances that do fall and thus force teams to come out at us a bit. We weren't very good in tight spaces last year and as much as I believe Costa is an upgrade in this area he's not a solution IMO.