James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

They claim to know. Best thing to do is just wait because we have been linked too and are apparently signing nigh on every fucker.

I am trolling...

Of course we haven't bid for James.

2 hours ago, BluesMadLad said:

Have we even bid? 

Real Madrid and Chelsea agree £65 million transfer

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/real-madrid-and-chelsea-agree-65-million-transfer

James Rodriguez will hold talks with Chelsea in the next few days and could be unveiled next month if he agrees to a deal. (AS) #CFC

24 minutes ago, milka said:

Real Madrid and Chelsea agree £65 million transfer

https://www.sportskeeda.com/football/real-madrid-and-chelsea-agree-65-million-transfer

James Rodriguez will hold talks with Chelsea in the next few days and could be unveiled next month if he agrees to a deal. (AS) #CFC

How much off a reliable source is that? 

51 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

That's a good point maybe someone should post a list on credible sources. Seems anyone with a Twitter account can post any old bullshit.

From a quote in reddit:

No one, MARCA and AS are Real Madrid press. Mundo Deportivo and Sport are Barcelona press. This 4 newspapers are shit when you are looking for a "reliable newspaper". There's some good journalist like Julio Maldonado but that's all.

I know he is a divisive player, but I think he can really be special. He could be Juan Mata 2.0. He gives us skills we currently do not have and gives us more danger going forward. He can ping them in from distance and is a special passer of the ball. His work rate needs to be improved but that is Conte's specialty. Plus having Kante/Bakayoko behind really opens up the possibility of playing with James/Hazard/Lukaku which is truly frightening for an opponent. We could play a 352 with James as the highest midfielder, A 343 with James/Hazard drifting all over the field behind Lukaku or a 4231 with James in the #10. 

Teams wouldn't be able to Man Mark hazard with James on the field and with Hazard/James behind Lukaku he is going to have a field day up front. Really interesting situation IF its true 

25 minutes ago, Blue Colored Sky said:

Great player, just what we need but we will never complete this deal. 

Only 3 AMs and currently 2 healthy for 60 games season. We are buying attacking midfielder. But within our 32m£ cap, that's not him. 

I guess I wasn't the only one who has noticed this 32m£ cap ever since we signed torres. With incredible consistency we never go above that lol 😁 :lol:

2 minutes ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Do people here really want James or is it just due to the fact we haven't acquired anyone?

Where the hell is he gonna play???

well his "Position" will be either RW or the tip of midfield in a 352. but I view our front in a 343 as 3 positionless free attackers. With Lukaku(assuming) up top Hazard and James will have free attacking roles to roam and find mismatches and holes in the D. People wont be able to man mark hazard with James floating around with him, it would be very dangerous. It is a luxury that can be afforded due to Kante and Bakayoko(assuming) protecting the space behind them. 

2 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

well his "Position" will be either RW or the tip of midfield in a 352. but I view our front in a 343 as 3 positionless free attackers. With Lukaku(assuming) up top Hazard and James will have free attacking roles to roam and find mismatches and holes in the D. People wont be able to man mark hazard with James floating around with him, it would be very dangerous. It is a luxury that can be afforded due to Kante and Bakayoko(assuming) protecting the space behind them. 

to the best of my knowledge we don't play 3-5-2 and I fail to see how we will this season with James. Also, in our current system the only player in a free role in Hazard, the right winger has loads of responsibility. We would never leave Moses that exposed on the right.

Kante and Bakayoko I see as ball retrievers and solidity in the middle, similar to how the.... spurs  deployed  Dembele and Wanyama. You didn't get a ton of creativity but the ball retention was relentless.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You