James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, the wes said:

James Rodriguez desperate for Premier League move - and any deal could be part-funded by Adidas

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/james-rodriguez-desperate-premier-league-10440915

woul he fit in in Conte´s system?

6 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Isco isnt a RW either. James is a 10, Isco is a 10. They wouldnt exactly be struck out to the wing, they'd be playing infield in all honesty, with the ability to drift in and out to the wing when needed, like Pedro and Hazard do now. James is not slow either. If he is slow then so is Isco. 

Isco is alot quicker on ball than James. In the end its all about that. How quick you pass the opponents. Isco is basicaly slower version of Hazard, while James is more of Ozil, with better shot. 

Well tbh we dont play with wingers. Eden and Pedro are more of second forwards or sth, with Moses and Alonso providing width and crosses. 

I agree Isco is not best choice for the spot, Griezmann would be ideal. But he is just so good on the ball (almost Eden). It would give us another option in attack when Eden is marked/not in form. 

While James and Isco are not fast, they have entirely different style. Isco is quicker on ball, great dribbler and can either pass or shoot. He has good balance. James on other hand has better vision and great shot. Thats why Isco fits our right side better than James. I was never impressed with James attitude either tbh. Very poor in big games.

Realy wish we get Griezmann tho.

4 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Isco is alot quicker on ball than James. In the end its all about that. How quick you pass the opponents. Isco is basicaly slower version of Hazard, while James is more of Ozil, with better shot. 

Well tbh we dont play with wingers. Eden and Pedro are more of second forwards or sth, with Moses and Alonso providing width and crosses. 

I agree Isco is not best choice for the spot, Griezmann would be ideal. But he is just so good on the ball (almost Eden). It would give us another option in attack when Eden is marked/not in form. 

While James and Isco are not fast, they have entirely different style. Isco is quicker on ball, great dribbler and can either pass or shoot. He has good balance. James on other hand has better vision and great shot. Thats why Isco fits our right side better than James. I was never impressed with James attitude either tbh. Very poor in big games.

Realy wish we get Griezmann tho.

It's funny when you said James was very poor in big games then mentioned we should get griezman. Did you watch Griezman? How is being invisible in big matches worse than being James? Well not technically if you count a missed penalty in Cl final, a poorly taken penalty in its latest semi final, did he play in euro final? I might have missed...

anyway James attitude is certainly not conte's cup of tea so we can safely, surely cross his name out from our potential targets list.

mourinho may buy him to replace mata though.

2 hours ago, mashimaru161 said:

It's funny when you said James was very poor in big games then mentioned we should get griezman. Did you watch Griezman? How is being invisible in big matches worse than being James? Well not technically if you count a missed penalty in Cl final, a poorly taken penalty in its latest semi final, did he play in euro final? I might have missed...

anyway James attitude is certainly not conte's cup of tea so we can safely, surely cross his name out from our potential targets list.

mourinho may buy him to replace mata though.

No player is great in every game. Griezmann had quite amount of very good games against top sides, while James is not playing in such games because he goes in hidding much like Cesc did against better teams. Like you said his attitude is poor and that gets exposed by better teams.  Yeah, Griezmann is not penalty taker and should not take them in first place.

Besides Griezmann will always be judged by scored goals, James is being evaluated by whole performance and even if Griezmann gets decent performance, but doesnt score, people will say he was average.

• 2 weeks later...

For some reason I get the feeling that we are going to get him. 

I don't know why but to me this has a Conte type of player feel. 

Like if he can work on his discipline a bit like he has done with David Luiz....well to be fair he just found the right system for him....might be the same for James. 

But I don't know I just got that feeling like Conte will take a stab at him. 

Real madrid is trying to off load james to fund mbappe move or whatever fancy one perez loves so the press just link him with any team has money

54 minutes ago, Fernando said:

For some reason I get the feeling that we are going to get him. 

I don't know why but to me this has a Conte type of player feel. 

Like if he can work on his discipline a bit like he has done with David Luiz....well to be fair he just found the right system for him....might be the same for James. 

But I don't know I just got that feeling like Conte will take a stab at him. 

Why? Can he play as rwb? because our system does not require a number 10 and everyone has to do pressing, except hazard

48 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

Real madrid is trying to off load james to fund mbappe move or whatever fancy one perez loves so the press just link him with any team has money

Why? Can he play as rwb? because our system does not require a number 10 and everyone has to do pressing, except hazard

We will be changing system to the 4-2-4 that is what Conte always wanted

Don't forget that at the end of last summer and especially in January almost everything was done between RM and Chelsea FC but Cristiano changed James mind on last day. News was circulating about Conte's admiration too, for days. 

9 minutes ago, Fernando said:

It's one of his earliest plan but a disaster for us.

I'm not sure if contefind James 'better than thou' altitude loveable since zidane couldn't put up with it and just crossed his name out of his CL final team

Just now, zekinjo said:

Don't forget that at the end of last summer and especially in January almost everything was done between RM and Chelsea FC but Cristiano changed James mind on last day. News was circulating about Conte's admiration too, for days. 

We came close to buy James in Jan? Link, please, preferred a reliable one cause I read something about Man u is desparate for James, they weren't.

4 minutes ago, mashimaru161 said:

We came close to buy James in Jan? Link, please, preferred a reliable one cause I read something about Man u is desparate for James, they weren't.

I don't have any reliable link because that was + 5 months ago. If you had time to watch transfer activities closely you could read about James to Chelsea last year on marca.com (most reliable source connected to Real Madrid), between the others. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2428224/chelsea-transfer-news-james-rodriguez-moves-closer-to-75m-stamford-bridge-move-after-real-madrid-star-says-he-will-think-about-offers/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/11/cristiano-ronaldo-persuaded-james-rodriguez-to-reject-chelsea-and-stay-at-real-madrid-6375881/

One of those not too reliable but still enough to get the point.

4 minutes ago, zekinjo said:

I don't have any reliable link because that was + 5 months ago. If you had time to watch transfer activities closely you could read about James to Chelsea last year on marca.com (most reliable source connected to Real Madrid), between the others. 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2428224/chelsea-transfer-news-james-rodriguez-moves-closer-to-75m-stamford-bridge-move-after-real-madrid-star-says-he-will-think-about-offers/

http://metro.co.uk/2017/01/11/cristiano-ronaldo-persuaded-james-rodriguez-to-reject-chelsea-and-stay-at-real-madrid-6375881/

One of those not too reliable but still enough to get the point.

These two are the same ones that runs Man u is interested in James... But thanks anyway. Marca is being Marca

Breaking: Chelsea have reportedly taken the lead in the race to sign Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez according to reports. #CFC

Chelsea are reportedly leading the race for Real Madrid midfielder James Rodriguez. (AS) # CFC

Real Madrid have given James Rodriguez permission to speak to Chelsea over a possible move yo Stamford Bridge. (AS) # CFC

On 06/06/2017 at 3:05 PM, Fernando said:

I also read that it was Contes wants not the 3 man back line.

Hes definitely along with Morata/Bonucci his initial preferences so he must have some plan for him after coming so close in last windoiw.

Kids got class but hes been spoilt. Daddy Conte will get his slipper out and give him a few whacks.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You