James Rodríguez

James is not that good, and the team that pays 70M€ for him is completely crazy. We are talking about players that played in Leagues that are not that good, in the case of James without any European football and this kind of players were preparing for the world cup all the year.

And he played against a lot of teams that are decent at best. The only "great" team he played against was Brazil.

The most overrated player in the last 10 years without any doubt. FOr example Kaka cost 70M€ some years ago to Real Madrid... we can see how much James is overrated by that.

He would have a lot of problems to play in the statitng eleven of Barcelona or Madrid.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, all this James hype reminds me of Javier Pastore hype. He was about the same age as James when everyone started hyping him like crazy. Not saying James isn't a great footballer for his age--he's clearly more talented than Pastore--but all this insane hype and pricetag seems rather premature. He's obviously very talented, but he never played in a strong league and against truly strong teams yet.

Anyway, he's destined to go to Madrid.

James is not that good, and the team that pays 70M€ for him is completely crazy. We are talking about players that played in Leagues that are not that good, in the case of James without any European football and this kind of players were preparing for the world cup all the year.

And he played against a lot of teams that are decent at best. The only "great" team he played against was Brazil.

The most overrated player in the last 10 years without any doubt. FOr example Kaka cost 70M€ some years ago to Real Madrid... we can see how much James is overrated by that.

He would have a lot of problems to play in the statitng eleven of Barcelona or Madrid.

Are you serious? You obviously never saw him play before this. Just cause he didn't jump straight into the PL, La Liga or something he's overrated? Neymar only played in Brazil and was being compared tothe Messi and Ronaldo. Just stop. I mean, everyone has an opinion, but yours isthe just plain stupid. Probably the dumbest thing i've ever seen on here.

For some reason, all this James hype reminds me of Javier Pastore hype. He was about the same age as James when everyone started hyping him like crazy. Not saying James isn't a great footballer for his age--he's clearly more talented than Pastore--but all this insane hype and pricetag seems rather premature. He's obviously very talented, but he never played in a strong league and against truly strong teams yet.

Anyway, he's destined to go to Madrid.

Otro...

Are you serious? You obviously never saw him play before this. Just cause he didn't jump straight into the PL, La Liga or something he's overrated? Neymar only played in Brazil and was being compared tothe Messi and Ronaldo. Just stop. I mean, everyone has an opinion, but yours isthe just plain stupid. Probably the dumbest thing i've ever seen on here.

Otro...

James isn't overrated. He's a great footballer and I like the kid, but it's true that he's overhyped and overpriced. This hype is premature, IMO.

James isn't overrated. He's a great footballer and I like the kid, but it's true that he's overhyped and overpriced. This hype is premature, IMO.

Overhyped, slightly. Overpriced? A nit, but in todays market where David Luiz goes for £50 m, maybe not all THAT much. But definitely not overrated.

Otro...

He played in my country, so as you can imagine I saw him play a lot, for sure more than you. He is really good but far from beeing a world class player.

Neymar is 10 times better than James. Neymar is in another planet even when he was in Santos. You just need to watch both of them.

You see 5 good games (and some goals) from a player against teams that are far from being good enough and you think he is Maradona, or Messi or Cristiano. He is the new hype from this kind of competitions, like Arshavin was, and many others.

He has nothing incredible in his game.he is a really good player in a good moment, nothing more than that.

And he is in a team that don't have many good players so he can play how he wants and likes. Many teams like Chile with Alexis, and in this case COlombia have one player doing things that in big teams he won't do like that. You put Hulk in Australia and he looks like Maradona.

Due chill. Many casual football fans had never even heard about him prior to the World Cup, yet he's the highest goalscorer and not even a striker. Of course there's always going to be hype. That doesn't detract from the fact that he's an awesome player. As for the pricetag, how's that relevant to anything?

He played in my country, so as you can imagine I saw him play a lot, for sure more than you. He is really good but far from beeing a world class player.

Neymar is 10 times better than James. Neymar is in another planet even when he was in Santos. You just need to watch both of them.

You see 5 good games (and some goals) from a player against teams that are far from being good enough and you think he is Maradona, or Messi or Cristiano. He is the new hype from this kind of competitions, like Arshavin was, and many others.

He has nothing incredible in his game.he is a really good player in a good moment, nothing more than that.

And he is in a team that don't have many good players so he can play how he wants and likes. Many teams like Chile with Alexis, and in this case COlombia have one player doing things that in big teams he won't do like that. You put Hulk in Australia and he looks like Maradona.

I saw about 15 Porto games last season and all but 4 Ligue 1 Monaco games. He will be GREAT and compete for the Ballon d'Or. Lol nothing incredible? He's a very well rounded player and better than Neymar and Oscar. Gotze too. Just stop.

Overhyped, slightly. Overpriced? A nit, but in todays market where David Luiz goes for £50 m, maybe not all THAT much. But definitely not overrated.

Not overrated, yes, but definitely overhyped and overpriced. I mean we bought Hazard for £32million and Fabregas for £27million(all right, here we lucked out because of Barcelona's board's stupidity, but still). Monaco wants £71 million for James. Is he better than Hazard and Fabregas put together? Of course not. Frankly, we're stacked in talented AMs. We don't need James. And we won't get him. He's destined for Madrid, to shine for a few years before Madrid get rid of him like of Ozil and Di Maria and get a shiny new toy. Maybe then we'll get him--if he lives up to the hype.

Not overrated, yes, but definitely overhyped and overpriced. I mean we bought Hazard for £32million and Fabregas for £27million(all right, here we lucked out because of Barcelona's board stupidity, but still). Monaco wants £71 million for James. Is he better than Hazard and Fabregas put together? Of course not. Frankly, we're stacked in talented AMs. We don't need James. And we won't get him. He's destined for Madrid, to shine for a few years before Madrid kick him out like Ozil and Di Maria and get a shiny new toy. Maybe then we'll get him--if he lives up to the hype.

Your analogy is flawed. Just because Monaco want that doesn't mean he's worth it. Market price does not equal real value. And as for us buying Hazard for 32 mil. It's clear that the market took a turn for the worse in the 2012 season with the insane spending of PSG, Monaco and Madrid.

Illara : 32 million pounds -- Moura : 44 million pounds -- Marquinhos (squad player) 31 million --- Bale: 80 million

The market was ruined by these three teams by buying prospects for insane amounts. Illara, Moura and Marquinhos were unproven players at the highest level. The amount paid for Bale was a disgrace. And so on.

That's why we've done well to buy Fabregas for 28 mil (lower than normal because both sides wanted rid of each other) and Diego Costa 32 mil (obviously, the Mendes connection. Forget the buy out clause. No way it's set as that if Mourinho and Mendes weren't best of friends)

There is no such thing as 'worth' or 'real value' in football, there was never any. The fee paid a club for a player depends on many factors such as clubs want to sell/player wants to leave/hype around him and other factors. If a player worth determines that Lallana is 25m while Fabregas is 26-28m then football is well and truly dead. The selling club can now virtually demand whatever they want for a player to suit their needs. Yes it sounds outrages but how else are they gonna get him?

Offer 40-50m, what they believe he is worth and hope Monaco accept? Forget it. For us supporters it seems crazy to spend 70-90m on him, for a club like Madrid it is nothing more than normal procedure. In today's market he is worth around 30-40m min now anyway, so doubling that isn't actually that crazy for a club like Madrid. Remember David Luiz who can't defend to save his life is sold for 40-50m, for us he is worth 30m max.

Due chill. Many casual football fans had never even heard about him prior to the World Cup, yet he's the highest goalscorer and not even a striker. Of course there's always going to be hype. That doesn't detract from the fact that he's an awesome player. As for the pricetag, how's that relevant to anything?

This isn't the first time many football fans will have heard of James. Many people have heard of him and tried to follow his progress since he went to Porto, even the 'casual football fans' as you call them, will have heard of him given Man United had been after him for years and continuously linked to him since about 2009 or whenever.

As was said up there, one summer doesn't make an swallow. He is a very talented player but to say hes at a Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez level would be a bit premature in my eyes. Hes definitely a world class player in the making though.

Man, I was sad to see him crying like that at the end of the match!

James is such an exceptional player. He should be proud of himself. He not only took Colombia to their first QFs ever, but he has been the best player of the tournament!

He also tried really hard today to try to make Colombia advance. Was always trying to make the right decisions, not being selfish or anything.

As a Brazilian, I am very proud to say we have beaten him and his country. They deserve respect!

I honestly hope he has an immense career (maybe here at Chels?). He deserves it!

He won the Argentine league almost alone at 17.

Banfield was never a prestigious team in argentina, they have won the only trophy in 2009 with Rodriguez.

James was great with porto and with Monaco this year.

This guy is the smartest young player in the world, with a incredible vision and decision making process, he tends to make better decisions on the ball most of the time and knows and appreciates when to play a simple pass and when to be a bit more creative, something that Neymar, Gotze, hazard and others young players, not have.

Hazard is more spectacular than useful, a great flop in big games. About Gotze, i don't see nothing in this guy, poor decision process, avarage vision, good skill and nothing more. The Phenomenal players of Borussia are Reus and Lewa.

Reus is by far better than Gotze.

World Cup is the hightest level in football, Jams Rodriguez is the best player on this tournament, Neymar was also great, gotze and hazard 2 great flop.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You