James Rodríguez

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be stupid considering they've pretty much got Kroos wrapped up...

I'll gladly take Isco off their hands tbh.

I imagine that Kroos was signed as a Xabi replacement, he's getting up there in age and the injuries will be catching up to him soon.

James on the other hand, will be a replacement for Di Maria in the middle 3 of their 4-3-3. James is a great "modern" player. He can score, he can pass, he defends a lot. He can come back as a defensive midfielder to build attacks if the midfield is failing (just like ibra does). And he's a leader. He had the most assists in the league last season and pretty much carried his team throughout the season, even when Falcao was healthy. If Ibra didn't have his best season ever, I'd say James would've won the best player award easily.

I'd rather have him than Di Maria, considering he's still very young and has sky high potential, and won't request as high of wages. If for whatever reason Madrid switches back to 4-2-3-1, then I'd rather have Di Maria as the right winger. Ranieri played James as a winger for a couple of games last year and while he wasn't bad, he certainly wasn't as good as he is in the middle.

Near the end when PSG won the title, many Monaco players started to not care anymore but James continued to play well till the very end. I think that says a lot about his character.

As a Madrid fan, I'll be delighted with this signing if Angel leaves. But yeah, I still don't see enough room for Isco (who'll be in the same spot as he was last season). If he leaves, I'd love for him to come here assuming we sell one of our AM's

If true I'd find it very hard to believe José wouldn't be sniffing around a few of his former players.

Which of his RM players did he have a good relationship with?

Varane, Khedira, Alonso, Coentrao, Morata and Arbeloa from what I know.

Plus from the ones who have left, Callejon and Ozil definitely

Tbh the whole thing was exaggerated in the media anyway, a lot of Madrid players have since said how thankful they are to Jose, and how they wouldn't be where they are today without him

I don't remember hearing about him falling out with Khedira or Di Maria. Wasn't Di Maria one of his first personal buys there?

Also can't imagine that Isco (who RM just HAD to have last summer) will be happy with them buy a shiny, new toy that'll replace him.

Wonder if Ancelotti will continue to sit Varane on the bench in favor of Pepe. José would snap him up without a second thought.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You