Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

5 minutes ago, Robguima said:

Will quote bein sports: nobody cares about Chelsea anymore specially with a tampon manager (tampon is mine :)). We can't get top 4 and are nowhere near CL contenders.

btw who said I did not enjoy it?! But this is mourinhos squad down to ivanovic. Is he good enough now? 

I am thinking ahead and rehashing ideas and players isn't the way to go.

Exactly. You're thinking ahead but I think you should leave that ahead thinking in the basement with the door locked for now (I do the same all the time but not today). Today was fun but who knows what's in store in the next game.

15/16 is dead (bar FA Cup succes) but we've known about that for months.

5 minutes ago, DYC. said:

Exactly. You're thinking ahead but I think you should leave that ahead thinking in the basement with the door locked for now (I do the same all the time but not today). Today was fun but who knows what's in store in the next game.

15/16 is dead (bar FA Cup succes) but we've known about that for months.

Well, I was not the one drawing definitive conclusions based on a single game and against glorious CP.

Disagree. This is the time to experiment and give minutes to the young players whenever possible.

If not, what is the job requirement for Hiddink? Not drop?! If so, that's the easiest job in the world! :) Take on a millionaire squad and make sure they play the bare minimum.

I could do that too... :) not that I am qualified, but would be much cheaper.

Play Matic and Ramires in CM or Mikel and Fabregas or Mikel Matic. Fabregas and Matic only against weak opposition at the bridge. The rest is Jose team down to ivanovic. :) Tactics?! Just let Terry do that on the pitch... 

Missed opportunity...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3392736/Chelsea-2-0-Scunthorpe-PLAYER-RATINGS-Cesc-Fabregas-Diego-Costa-partnership-season-business.html

http://www.espnfc.com/club/chelsea/363/blog/post/2784139/ruben-loftus-cheek-and-cesc-fabregas-star-for-chelsea

everytime i read these ratings, I wonder if I'm watching the same game as those pundits. I didn't see anything special in Fabregas performance, nothing different from what we already saw during this season: boring and unexciting performance with no intensity at all. Somehow he got the highest score in both articles.

According to @Styles in the 2nd half, a pundit even said he "ran the show". uhum.

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

Technically in the first half he did, not because he was anything special, but because Scunny sat deep and he was picking the passes to beat a crowded defense (which is his strength).

In that sense Cesc can still be an asset because we are going to have to deal with deep defense in the PL, starting with WBA on Wednesday.

Still far from man of the match material, and as I said, no better than his previous games where he was called flop of the season.

20 hours ago, Tomo said:

I can defiently understand his critics in the sense that he can let big games pass him by, he lacks athleticism, he struggles to cope with being pressed and despite great final balls to put players in his General play isn't the best, I'm talking in terms of recycling possesion and keeping play ticking over, he's not the most tactful in that regard.

But in games where opponents will park the jumbo jet like Scunny did and WBA probably will, he's still the first name on the teamsheet for me.

i doubt any PL team sans villa, sunderland would sit deep against us.

look at how bournemouth, watford, palace (at SB), soton all played. even newcastle. they all pressed cesc from the word go. i remember that palace game, cabaye owned cesc. i am sure all the teams with any quality would do that (which is present in PL). and cesc to become passenger match after match, which has already been happening.

2 hours ago, didierforever said:

i doubt any PL team sans villa, sunderland would sit deep against us.

look at how bournemouth, watford, palace (at SB), soton all played. even newcastle. they all pressed cesc from the word go. i remember that palace game, cabaye owned cesc. i am sure all the teams with any quality would do that (which is present in PL). and cesc to become passenger match after match, which has already been happening.

The only did that because we were playing shit and they smelt blood, last season many teams sat back against us and if Guus finds a consistent pattern again they will start doing it again this time round.

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

The only did that because we were playing shit and they smelt blood, last season many teams sat back against us and if Guus finds a consistent pattern again they will start doing it again this time round.

i have to disagree. teams ARE and will continue to target cesc. why wont they?

he WILL lose possession when pressed. he is our only option to find a proper goal scoring oppurtunity specialy with the way hazard has been playing. why would teams sit deep and let cesc play thru them rather than nullifying our most potent (however shit that be) attacking option and infact turning it into a liability.

whats gus going to do? teach him how to keep possession? he played with the masters of keeping possession (xavi and iniesta) and learned NOTHING. as for finding a system. by the team he finds one, it would be time for him to go off again.