Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Moving him on is the right idea but who do we bring in to replace him? January is a terrible time to do business and we've got a bunch of numpties in charge so I don't hold out much hope.

Might just be worth recalling Lewis Baker. Can't be any worse.

I don't think we're selling anyone established in January, because as you said there's no replacements available.

I'm anticipating a very quiet market to be honest. Club's going to take a 'do the best with what you're given' approach, I'm sure.

No mate, i just think that he is usless and need a team builded around him to play good. Let him go to Serie A where football is slower.

Are you calling a player who almost broke the assist record last season useless???

Yeah this calndar year (2015) he did absolutely nothing to stay in a team and use Ruben's place.

Because we have used him poorly. 4-2-3-1 is the wrong formation. It would be cool to see Guus play Ruben in a midfield 3 with Cesc and Matic

It would be stupid to sell him now without getting the new coach first.

Cess is still a good player. He is just to old to teach new tricks like been a more defensive player. If for instance we get a coach like Conte or Conte himself and Cesc gets a formation with quality energetic ball playing midfielders screening Cesc and doing the defensive duties like they did for Pirlo, Cesc would a vital asset for years. His skill craft does not rely on speed or power but intelligence just like Pirlo and he can last for almost another 10 years playing top quality football. The emphasizes is on solid, BALL PLAYING CREATIVE AND ENERGETIC MIDFIELDERS not just average players with athletic physical gifts but extremely poor technical skills

I stole this quote from weaintgotnohistory.

If we were to sell him, what playmaker would you propose we bring in to replace him, or do you propose we have a midfield that is all physicality and no technical skill?

That's a good point but Fabregas is hardly a creative maestro right now, and we need a bit more fight in the position we're in. Maybe I'm wrong but I just don't think he's a luxury we can afford right now.

Let him leave and give Musonda a couple of chances on his spot. Seriously, how can he be worse?

Lol. Musonda in a 2 man midfield? That might work at Anderlecthcht or in some other weaker league. Rather give the spot to Rlc, more of a presence.

Let Musonda play at number 10 or on the wings, that's where he belongs.

Lol. Musonda in a 2 man midfield? That might work at Anderlecthcht or in some other weaker league. Rather give the spot to Rlc, more of a presence.

Let Musonda play at number 10 or on the wings, that's where he belongs.

Fabregas out for RLC, Oscar out for Musonda. Better? ;-)