Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I physically can't wait for Fabregas to be proving these sort of deep through balls to the likes of Schurrle and Costa. Phenomenal.

Which is why we need runners on the team....

Hopefully, they get ton of games this year. Cesc will make Ramires a crucial player.

You guys really amaze me, people forget how good Mata was, only 3 seasons ago we were crying out for his creativity and now all of a sudden because we some hw bought more attacking mid fielders you downgrade Mata's ability SMH, Its a fact Mata is one of the best play makers to ever don a Chelsea kit regardless of what Mourinho loyalists might think and just to show you a glimpse of what you are forgettin I will leave Mata's highlight video. I cant say Oscar can produce such high quality even if he tried to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiL0hMLTaxs

Pointing out a player has weaknesses isn't downgrading there ability.

The fact is Mata has weaknesses and in the system we are building they became a lot more noticeable than when he had the team set around him under Benny or was one of the few good aspects in a stagnant team the year before.

The funny thing is I can see him having the same problems under LVG, the Dutchman likes high intensity games and wingplat.

Mata was a fantastic final ball passer but Matas main problem was that he couldn't keep the ball under any slight pressure. Remember how he needed hazard and Oscar to rotate with him so he doesn't have a marker closing him down and he quickly released the ball to someone when rushed because he rarely could get around his man due to poor physique.

Even ozil who we think is weak physically is by far better than Mata in protecting the ball in his possession under pressure. Because he had more acceleration and strength.

In fabregas case he has what Mata doesn't which is more all round play. He can come deep and spray passes like sneider, he has better strength to hold unto the ball if yaya rushes at him(this Mata can't do and we know ) just like silva uses his body to shield the ball and not lose possession. And fabregas is still better in throughpasses than Mata IMO. Mata is no slouch in passing but fabregas is just better. Fabregas used to dribble when he was at arsenal, but I don't know if he can do it again or he was forced by Barcelona system not to dribble.

I agree, City is Juan's kryponite because of the midfield they have, that's why when he faces us I think Matic will have the measure of him.

Sadly it's true.. The man is losing the battle to baldness.. It's an epidemic

LOL I always thought his hairline was weird, even when he was a 20-year-old kid.

_46999242_fabregas466x282.jpg

Now imagine him with that odd haircut and you'll get the same result. His hair just usually masks his weird hairline.

Last season we were worse against teams who parked the bus because there was no Mata. In his time here, he always found a way to create at least 1 good chance - either from open play or from corners.

In Fabregas we have a great replacement for him, someone arguably better and definitely more complete in his style of play and positions he can play.

Now i just hope Hazard makes more runs in behind. Fabregas will surely find him, like Mata did.

It's apparent straight away that Cesc is going to almost be attached at the hip to Torres every time we see pics of him traveling or in training just like Mata was.

We'll have constant reminders of our worst ever buy and one of our best (hopefully) in the same pics over and over.

Juan Mata in 2013-2014:

15 appearances for MU, through ball rate 0.3 (5 through balls in total)

13 appearances for Chelsea, through ball rate 0.2 (3 through balls in total)

I think 28 appearances is more than enough to get an accurate data. Mata has never been a through ball master for us. In 2012-2013 season, he played 35 games for us and his through ball rate was 0.2 (8 through balls in total). Compare it to Cesc's through ball's rate of 0.7 (24 through balls in total). It's not even worth comparing. Cesc is obviously a more creative passer.

Were are you gettin those stats?? I have a feeling you made those up

Last season we were worse against teams who parked the bus because there was no Mata. In his time here, he always found a way to create at least 1 good chance - either from open play or from corners.

In Fabregas we have a great replacement for him, someone arguably better and definitely more complete in his style of play and positions he can play.

Now i just hope Hazard makes more runs in behind. Fabregas will surely find him, like Mata did.

It was our biggest issue for sure. Mata didn't fit Mourinho's system but you can't counter-attack against everyone and sometimes you need to break down teams. Too many times, it was down to Hazard to create something magical for us to score. Fabergas will hopefully give us some of that creativity Mata did from a deeper position.

15dmio2.jpg

TB -- through balls per game.

Sorry to disappoint, mate--not making anything up, I'm afraid. Whoscored's data.

If you notice his through ball stats increase in Champ League becoz we play more on the counter whereas in the league we face parked buses more often than not. He also has more willing runners for spain than us

Were are you gettin those stats?? I have a feeling you made those up

Whoscored.com has it. Go under current participation, passing tab. You're looking for "TB" (accurate through balls per game).