Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Don't know what's funnier, the Arse fans burning Cesc shirts and yelling at at Wenger/the club or the Arse fans trying to justify passing on a world class player for under £30m by saying "we didn't need him!"

Let's see what happens when a minimum of 2 of their starting midfielders gets a long term injury next season as is inevitable at that club. I'd also be laughing my ass of if Wenger actually goes into next season with Arteta & Flamini as their DM's. I'd discount their title winning chance completely if that happens.

Just to spice it up here.

Transfer dealings January & summer so far.

Outs:

Mata - 37m

KDB - 18m

Luiz - 48m

Total income 103m plus freed up wages

Ins:

Matic - 21m

Salah - 11m

Zouma - 12m

Fabregas - 27m

Costa est. 32m

Luis est. 18m

Total spend - 121m

Net spend 18m

An Amazing & an unbelievable business, I must say.

That net spent could be zero by the end of transfer window, we probably would have sold Marin, Moses, Romeu and Ba. I don't want to count Cech yet, because I hope somehow he could stay. Add Tiago for free transfer too, we're ready to go.

That net spent could be zero by the end of transfer window, we probably would have sold Marin, Moses, Romeu and Ba. I don't want to count Cech yet, because I hope somehow he could stay. Add Tiago for free transfer too, we're ready to go.

I see Moses staying as a homegrown player. Won't have many left otherwise. Unless we can get a decent fee, matching what we paid for him, I think he'll stay. Same applies with Bertrand.

I see Moses staying as a homegrown player. Won't have many left otherwise. Unless we can get a decent fee, matching what we paid for him, I think he'll stay. Same applies with Bertrand.

I hope so. But sadly I think most likely he will be sold. Jose clearly doesn't rate him that high. The only exception if he perform like crazy in WC and Nigeria could go further to semi final or something like that.

Now that you mention about Bertrand, we could get a couple millions from Bertrand and PVA too. Door closed for them, if Luis come imo.

I hope so. But sadly I think most likely he will be sold. Jose clearly doesn't rate him that high. The only exception if he perform like crazy in WC and Nigeria could go further to semi final or something like that.

Now that you mention about Bertrand, we could get a couple millions from Bertrand and PVA too. Door closed for them, if Luis come imo.

If we sell Bertrand and Moses and Cole leaves along with Frank, our only homegrown players will be JT, Cahill and now Fabregas.

But do the players want to stay?

Bertrand I would be more than happy to keep as a rotation option at LB because he has always come across as a solid player to me but from what I've seen him say in interviews I think he's off permanently. Moses is shit, no one in their right mind would pay the 10m we paid for him two years ago. Best we can realistically hope for is maybe to get enough to cover his remaining FFP book value, which is around 6m if I'm not mistaken, and to also get him off the wage bill. We're fine with just 5 AMs and we can play a youngster as the sixth. Oh, and there's also this bloke Fabregas. :P

Also, I recently did a quick check and we're fine regarding the homegrown quota for next season. We now have four HG players (Fabregas, Cahill, JT, Lukaku) and 15 non-HG players after releasing Hilario, Schwarzer and Eto'o so even without sales we can still add Costa and Luis in the squad, no problem. If we sell players like Ba, Mikel and God forbid even Torres, we'll have even more room in the squad for potential new additions. Zouma, Omeruo, Piazon, Ake etc. will all still count as U21 if they stay.

But do the players want to stay?

Bertrand I would be more than happy to keep as a rotation option at LB because he has always come across as a solid player to me but from what I've seen him say in interviews I think he's off permanently. Moses is shit, no one in their right mind would pay the 10m we paid for him two years ago. Best we can realistically hope for is maybe to get enough to cover his remaining FFP book value, which is around 6m if I'm not mistaken, and to also get him off the wage bill. We're fine with just 5 AMs and we can play a youngster as the sixth.

Also, I recently did a quick check and we're fine regarding the homegrown quota for next season. We now have four HG players (Fabregas, Cahill, JT, Lukaku) and 15 non-HG players after releasing Hilario, Schwarzer and Eto'o so even without sales we can still add Costa and Luis in the squad, no problem. If we sell players like Ba, Mikel and God forbid even Torres, we'll have even more room in the squad for potential new additions. Zouma, Piazon, Ake etc. will all still count as U21 if they stay.

Do the players want to stay? Well, if they don't, it's there fault for signing long-term deals. If the clubs want or need them, which in my eyes we do, then they don't have a choice.

Surely Lukaku qualifies as an U21 but not a HG. Thought you had to play in the country for 4/5 years first?

Do the players want to stay? Well, if they don't, it's there fault for signing long-term deals. If the clubs want or need them, which in my eyes we do, then they don't have a choice.

Surely Lukaku qualifies as an U21 but not a HG. Thought you had to play in the country for 4/5 years first?

Chelsea are not a club to keep players against their will so I wouldn't think that to be the case here either.

And as for Lukaku, the HG requirement is three years and he will meet that in August before the final squad list has to be submitted. The wording in the HG rulebook is dubious to say the least, and there is some confusion whether a player is required to have been training in the country for the 36 months prior to his 21st birthday or if it's okay to complete that period before 1st of January the following year so it's not 100% sure if Lukaku will count as HG but at the moment that seems to be the most common opinion.

Chelsea are not a club to keep players against their will so I wouldn't think that to be the case here either.

And as for Lukaku, the HG requirement is three years and he will meet that in August before the final squad list has to be submitted. The wording in the HG rulebook is dubious to say the least, and there is some confusion whether a player is required to have been training in the country for the 36 months prior to his 21st birthday or if it's okay to complete that period before 1st of January the following year so it's not 100% sure if Lukaku will count as HG but at the moment that seems to be the most common opinion.

Get that completely, BUT, if Chelsea rely on these guys to complete our squad then we shouldn't feel pressured into selling them. Realistically, we have 3 LBs in van Aanholt, Cole, and Bertrand that could qualify as HG, so i'd imagine the club would want one of them to stay.

Anyone know if Salah and van Ginkel qualify as U21s for next season? Salah turns 22 in June 2015, MVG turns 22 this December.

Get that completely, BUT, if Chelsea rely on these guys to complete our squad then we shouldn't feel pressured into selling them. Realistically, we have 3 LBs in van Aanholt, Cole, and Bertrand that could qualify as HG, so i'd imagine the club would want one of them to stay.

Anyone know if Salah and van Ginkel qualify as U21s for next season? Salah turns 22 in June 2015, MVG turns 22 this December.

dont think so. there was a thread where this HG discussion took place and the only HG players available to us then were JT, GC, lukaku, pva, blackman with under 21s like zouma, the 5th DM spot (chalobah), 4th CB spot (ake), 6th AM spot

Nope. For next season the line for U21s is drawn on players born on 1st of January 1993 or later, and both of these guys were born in 1992.