Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

I think he will be a good signing, and I am happy to see him sign for us..With both Barca and Arsenal rejecting him I hope that he feels that he has something to prove. This is his last big chance to win some silverware and I think he will come out fighting and prove those two were wrong to reject him.

Plus, he will have to win over a lot of Chelsea fans, and he will only manage that will consistently good performances

Congrats on the 2015 PL title, Chelsea.
Mourinho - always getting one up on Wenger. Even if Wenger doesn't know it (yet).
My thoughts exactly, unfortunately. Unless, of course, we have 2-3 youngsters shoot up 1-2 levels (Ox, Wilshere, Jenkinson, Gnabry) and Özil realises his potential, we can't match Chelsea now.

From Arsenal Mania.Atleast they aren´t as bad as Liverpool fans to be fair.

How do you post videos?

On the menu the thrid icon starting from top left. (next to the "lightswitch" and "eraser gum" icons) bbcode. Click on it then a menu pops up, then choose "media" another menu pops up then copy paste the entire web adress of the video in the "media url" block. Press OK.

He'll be the ultimate "small club" slayer I think in addition to being a key player in the big games.

He's going to put chance after chance on a plate for the players in front of him. Hell, maybe even Torres can score a few if he stays.

All jokes aside, am sure I'm not the only one who is intrigued to see how Mourinho deploys Fabregas and how he adapts to playing for us next season. I mean after all, this is a player whose way of playing and ideas of how the game should be played is totally different to that of Mourinho. It sounds cliche but it's like beauty and the beast thing. Moreover, Fabregas isn't exactly one who is blessed with great physical attributes like pace, stamina and his tactical discipline and workrate aren't the best either, things that Mourinho obviously values greatly in his setup. If anything, this all looks like the case with Mata again.

That being said, since we are buying a player with quality for a position that we desperately need to fix and Mourinho approving it(hopefully!), then he clearly sees Fabregas as a player he can improve on and work in his system. Anyway all in all, just can't help but to feel weird and strange about this transfer given the history involved between us, Fabregas and Arsenal and even Mourinho himself with Fabregas/Barca. And not to mention, the points stated above. Then again, the last Arsenal player we signed didn't do too badly, did he?

Implying that Xabi Alonso (Jose's flogging boy and work horse) is gifted with physical attributes. I'm sure Cesc will do just fine, a little structure under Mou won't suddenly turn him into a clown.

Spike Spiegel, on 13 Jun 2014 - 03:49 AM, said:

Implying that Xabi Alonso (Jose's flogging boy and work horse) is gifted with physical attributes. I'm sure Cesc will do just fine, a little structure under Mou won't suddenly turn him into a clown.

Never said or implied he will fail. Just pointing out things as it is on what look like incompatibility between the two. And that is just the physical side of things. Alonso's style of play was arguably closer, if not suited to what Mourinho wants as opposed to the way Fabregas has been playing.