Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Huh? I thought he looked energetic, laid people on...

Same,... Bar his chance creation which hasn't really been the same since coming from injury, he looked comfortable on the ball and rarely looked like giving away possession. Really crucial, especially when Hazard and Willian were not really into the game for a good portion of the match.

I just saw this at WAGNH

Ramires:The main reason for our problems?I think so

By KingdomofEden on Apr 12, 2015, 9:28a 2 2 Flag

 TWEET SHARE

Signing Fabregas heralded a new era for Chelsea.It was a sign of intent from Mourinho,that we would no longer be the team that relied largely on fast counter attacks.It signaled that not only will we use counter attacks,but we would also seek to control the game with posession.

Were we succesful?For large parts we were.When we had Matic at full fitness(not tired),Oscar at full fitness and Fabregas at full fitness,we almost always succeeded with this game plan.

In the first half of the season,there were only around 2-3 games where we faced problems with this approach post Man City/Swansea games.This was when someone like Fellaini would begin marking Fabregas. Fabregas being inexperienced in the pivot would be unsure about how to deal with it.The only other instance was when Matic was absent against Newcastle.

However cracks began to appear early Jan,when we lost to Spurs.In that game one could clearly see that the players were tired after an intense schedule and simply incapable of carrying out the high pressing approach they normally do with success.

Things changed for the first time,after the Liverpool game.In the first leg we didn't use Oscar(who has linked very well with Fabregas and Matic).We placed Mikel,and the failure to purposefully threaten was expected.

In the second leg,Liverpool consumed all their energy in the first 50 minutes,and somehow we couldn't deal with it. Ramires was introduced,we played better.People were initially glad at the arrival of Ramires.Cesc Fabregas got injured and missed some matches.We were unable to control matches like we used to.And people were clamouring for Fabregas' return.

Return he did.But this time,he did not have Oscar for company like he used to.Instead he had Ramires,a player he does not gel with at all,Matic suffered his moment of madness against Burnley and things became worse.

Matic returned against Psg. But again we had Ramires involved. So the problems were-

1)Matic returning a bit jaded

2)Ramires,who is simply not suited to posession play like Oscar and Willian are.

Result we conceded the control of the match to a 10 man PSG.My question to WAGNHERS is:How many times has Ramires played and we actually controlled the match?I dont remember any.People say that Cesc has suffered a dip,but I feel him being paired with Ramires is the reason for the same.

You may say,that I am exaggerating.But today against QPR you could see the proof again.Oscar was brought on and we immediately looked better and more fluid.Many people are saying Cesc has suffered second half of the season dip.Has he?He never had Oscar and Matic in full fitness for company.To top it all,Costa also also looked a bit jaded in recent matches. Cesc's so called drop in form is not an accident.It is a direct consequence of these two factors.

1)Being paired with Ramires

2)Costa being a bit jaded since his ban

What do you think?Please feel free to comment.How do you think we should go about the transfer window?

I just saw this at WAGNH

 TWEET SHARE

Signing Fabregas heralded a new era for Chelsea.It was a sign of intent from Mourinho,that we would no longer be the team that relied largely on fast counter attacks.It signaled that not only will we use counter attacks,but we would also seek to control the game with posession.

Were we succesful?For large parts we were.When we had Matic at full fitness(not tired),Oscar at full fitness and Fabregas at full fitness,we almost always succeeded with this game plan.

In the first half of the season,there were only around 2-3 games where we faced problems with this approach post Man City/Swansea games.This was when someone like Fellaini would begin marking Fabregas. Fabregas being inexperienced in the pivot would be unsure about how to deal with it.The only other instance was when Matic was absent against Newcastle.

However cracks began to appear early Jan,when we lost to Spurs.In that game one could clearly see that the players were tired after an intense schedule and simply incapable of carrying out the high pressing approach they normally do with success.

Things changed for the first time,after the Liverpool game.In the first leg we didn't use Oscar(who has linked very well with Fabregas and Matic).We placed Mikel,and the failure to purposefully threaten was expected.

In the second leg,Liverpool consumed all their energy in the first 50 minutes,and somehow we couldn't deal with it. Ramires was introduced,we played better.People were initially glad at the arrival of Ramires.Cesc Fabregas got injured and missed some matches.We were unable to control matches like we used to.And people were clamouring for Fabregas' return.

Return he did.But this time,he did not have Oscar for company like he used to.Instead he had Ramires,a player he does not gel with at all,Matic suffered his moment of madness against Burnley and things became worse.

Matic returned against Psg. But again we had Ramires involved. So the problems were-

2)Ramires,who is simply not suited to posession play like Oscar and Willian are.

Result we conceded the control of the match to a 10 man PSG.My question to WAGNHERS is:How many times has Ramires played and we actually controlled the match?I dont remember any.People say that Cesc has suffered a dip,but I feel him being paired with Ramires is the reason for the same.

You may say,that I am exaggerating.But today against QPR you could see the proof again.Oscar was brought on and we immediately looked better and more fluid.Many people are saying Cesc has suffered second half of the season dip.Has he?He never had Oscar and Matic in full fitness for company.To top it all,Costa also also looked a bit jaded in recent matches. Cesc's so called drop in form is not an accident.It is a direct consequence of these two factors.

What do you think?Please feel free to comment.How do you think we should go about the transfer window?

I don't buy it personally. I remember Chelsea V Swansea early in the season. John Terry own goal in the first half. Costa equalises just before the break.

Halftime Rami on for Shirley. Changed the match. Costa gets his hattrick one of which was assisted by Rami.

Chelsea v Soton. Rami on for Matic in the second half. Mourinho himself said that that stopped Soton's counters.

Teams just seem to really shape up their defense really well against us since the turn of the year. But then again, i only watch Chelsea games and top4 sides' matches... Conclusion: I don't think Rami is shit. He's just a different player who offers something else.

I just saw this at WAGNH

 TWEET SHARE

What problems? Ramires barely plays these days. He happens to start one match and now he's the source of problems....Don't quite understand what the author is trying to prove, unless he's talking about the QPR match alone.

What problems? Ramires barely plays these days. He happens to start one match and now he's the source of problems....Don't quite understand what the author is trying to prove, unless he's talking about the QPR match alone.

While many of us see us overplaying our starters as the reason for our poor form due to fatigue, he says disrupting the usual Matic-fabregas-oscar combination made Fabregas's and our performance worse

While many of us see us overplaying our starters as the reason for our poor form due to fatigue, he says disrupting the usual Matic-fabregas-oscar combination made Fabregas's and our performance worse

Well.... isnt that obvious that our main problem is to keep possesion? and its also clear we dont have any descent replacements for Matic-Cesc-Oscar-Willian-Hazard. Mikel, Ramires, Cuadrado, all three arent suited for possesion football, so naturally they're disrupting our game when they play. So Jose had to play the 5 i mentioned again and again in some periods during the season (the best periods) because other players doesnt fit, it wouldnt be the same with them.

But, than Oscar started to play badly, to be inconsistent, so we saw Ramires more and more. And another thing is that Mourinho doesnt trust this five, Matic-Cesc-Oscar-Willian-Hazard, in a lot of situations, mainly in big away games but not just those. So again, enter Ramires instead of Oscar/Willian and again the possesion game goes to hell. Why he doesnt trust them? i think the problem is Oscar. Oscar is a technically gifted player compare to Cuadrado or Schurlle, but not technically gifted enough to play in a crowded central midfield. He loses possesion too much and cant help Cesc when we play against top teams who presses our midfield, he cant take some of the responsibilities of Cesc when the opponent press Cesc hard. Teams know Cesc is our playmaker and our only one. Thats why we need someone else to play next to Cesc, not Oscar, someone who's good as Cesc on the ball, like Koke, Gundogan or Pogba.

Again about Ramires, when Mou playes him vs a proper team, Mou basically gives up on possesion. He basically says: "Ok, i cant control the ball with Oscar-Cesc, Oscar wont help me, so i'll drop Oscar and get Ramires in, that way we'll at least defend better. We wont have the ball a lot, but that would have been the same case with Oscar anyway... i sink".

And no word about his performance yesterday, especially in helping to set up the goal while being put under pressure?

shhh.... we can't let the myth die that he can't perform in big matches or second halves. Why are you trying to sneak a doubt in such well cemented convictions?

I think he's heading to his best form again. Yesterday was a step down the last couple of matches imo, but the body gets tired over time and the preciseness of the pass, what his brain tells his feet to execute isn't as it used to be anymore at this point. He isn't a dribbler, he's a passer (I still laugh when I remember @Styles tried to convince us over and over again Cesc is an average passer, LOL - which fits just well with most of his views anyway), his vision is incredible and he sees a pass and a play seconds before the ball even reaches him, but for him to execute that pass with the precision he did early in the season his body has to be as sharp as possible. It happens to any player with this set of skills. I think what put a damper on him was the Terry injury in January. But you can see he's getting back to his usual the last month or so.

Also as the COC goal was finally given to Costa, it means the assist is now Cesc's, right? and what an assist that was :wub:

I can't wait for him to do some magic next weekend - and God, I think I want it more than anything else at this point. Let's just push the dagger deeper in the arse's little hearts.

shhh.... we can't let the myth die that he can't perform in big matches or second halves. Why are you trying to sneak a doubt in such well cemented convictions?

I think he's heading to his best form again. Yesterday was a step down the last couple of matches imo, but the body gets tired over time and the preciseness of the pass, what his brain tells his feet to execute isn't as it used to be anymore at this point. He isn't a dribbler, he's a passer (I still laugh when I remember @Styles tried to convince us over and over again Cesc is an average passer, LOL - which fits just well with most of his views anyway), his vision is incredible and he sees a pass and a play seconds before the ball even reaches him, but for him to execute that pass with the precision he did early in the season his body has to be as sharp as possible. It happens to any player with this set of skills. I think what put a damper on him was the Terry injury in January. But you can see he's getting back to his usual the last month or so.

Also as the COC goal was finally given to Costa, it means the assist is now Cesc's, right? and what an assist that was :wub:

I can't wait for him to do some magic next weekend - and God, I think I want it more than anything else at this point. Let's just push the dagger deeper in the arse's little hearts.

Find the quotes; let's provide some context. Otherwise please stop chatting shit.

come on barbara. u just cant say that the cesc drops in the second half of the season is a "myth".

dont exactly know if he has physically fallen off or something else, but no one can deny that he has looked like a shade of the 2014 cesc a lot of times in these previous months.