Cesc Fàbregas

Tomo

Like I've said before, Modrid and Cesc is incomparable. Modric/Thiago is superior to cesc as Silva is superior to Mata.

In 2 weeks time, you will see first hand what I've been saying for ages.

You're not a Chelsea fan, leave.

It's all rosy and lovely when we're doing well and playing to the best of our abilities. But when things AREN'T going our way and refs/officials are trying their absolute best to fuck us up the arse, we need those players we splashed out to get to STEP UP and be noticed. Make a difference. Win us a football match.

At the moment, only ONE player is doing this: Eden Hazard. I would say Ivanovic too but he's a) not expected to do this B) somewhat at fault to our below average defensive display of late. We know that Hazard can change a game in a second. But I'm not seeing that from Cesc, Oscar, Willian or even Costa for that matter. Even when we are playing poorly or negatively, ONE pass over the top from Cesc can tilt the game on it's head. Cesc isn't only capable of doing that when the team is playing well or when he's playing well. He's capable of doing that in his sleep. We need to see that from him. I don't care if he's absolutely shocking and can't hang on to the ball for 89mins, for that ONE minute just produce something magical. Silence the critics. Prove your worth.

And it's not just Cesc, as I've stated above. All of our superstars can decide a game in a second! Showing character. But for some reason, since the old guard has slowly left Stamford Bridge, this kind of thing has been few and far between.

This is absurd sorry. How does that prove the myth? He's not played a lot since Xmas, he's missed 1/3 of our games due to injury. Of course he's not going to be in top top form.

We will see IMO. Injured or not he better step up against Psg. Its his third? game since return and should perform.

He generaly performs well when we perform well and vice versa. But when things get bad, he is mo where to be seen and doesnt step up. Cesc as our key midfielder should save us like Yaya or Lamps, but he isnt that kind of player and it could hurt us big time eventualy.

We will see IMO. Injured or not he better step up against Psg. Its his third? game since return and should perform.

He generaly performs well when we perform well and vice versa. But when things get bad, he is mo where to be seen and doesnt step up. Cesc as our key midfielder should save us like Yaya or Lamps, but he isnt that kind of player and it could hurt us big time eventualy.

That's weird. Because we've played our best this season when Fabregas has had outstanding games. Games where he fully controls the match is where we've been at our best.

It's not his fault that our manager sets up the team in a way where his best skills aren't utilised.

That's weird. Because we've played our best this season when Fabregas has had outstanding games. Games where he fully controls the match is where we've been at our best.

It's not his fault that our manager sets up the team in a way where his best skills aren't utilised.

You just basically confirmed his point...that Fab is at his best when WE ARE PLAYING WELL. Against the likes of Everton, PSG...etc where we needs a leader and someone who can rise above everyone else on the pitch he is no where to be seen...

Lets see in the return leg against PSG and CO final this weekend to see how he does. If his past is anything to go by he will large be ineffective in both games.

You just basically confirmed his point...that Fab is at his best when WE ARE PLAYING WELL. Against the likes of Everton, PSG...etc where we needs a leader and someone who can rise above everyone else on the pitch he is no where to be seen...

Lets see in the return leg against PSG and CO final this weekend to see how he does. If his past is anything to go by he will large be ineffective in both games.

I'm trying to say, when Fabregas plays at his best - that's when we're truly an amazing team to watch. Not that when we play well he plays well.

Well thats why I said vice versa.

My point was that when we play bad, Cesc wont give us the spark, drive, inspiration or whatever you call it and win us a game.

I kind of remember Barcelona saying that Cesc starts the season strong then fades towards the later stages.. And that was in a less competitive league!

Now I'm starting to believe what they said might have a ring of truth about it.

Prove me wrong Cesc and start by doing against Spurs!

Thanks!

I kind of remember Barcelona saying that Cesc starts the season strong then fades towards the later stages.. And that was in a less competitive league!

Now I'm starting to believe what they said might have a ring of truth about it.

Prove me wrong Cesc and start by doing against Spurs!

Thanks!

I used to watch many Barca games because I wanted them to lose and Mourinho to win la liga, and in the final year I wanted Atletico to win it.

Cesc played false nine, winger, attacking mid, center mid for them and started many games from the bench.

The fixed midfield of Barca was:

Iniesta-busquets-xavi

So Cesc was basically a stand in/luxery squad player for them unless the coach rested xavi/iniesta/messi or put him on the wing.

He seldom had a long run in his favorite position for them, plus when he had, he was forced to play that 100 touches tiki-taka with them while he sees passes within a second. In other words, he wasn't used and played to his strength.

Tbh I can't remember him playing there close as good as he is playing for us now. Even his "good" first half of the season isn't close to his normal Chelsea/Arsenal form due to above mentioned reasons.

Cesc is pure class, his play is based on his superb vision, passing skills and playmaking. He isn't running out of energy because his play doesn't rely on that part. At Barca maybe, where he was played to his weaknesses, but not here.

Personally I would say he's a younger Pirlo in terms of style, but more versatile.

To get the best out of Cesc, he must be your main man/playmaker. At Barca he was behind Xavi, Iniesta, Messi as "one of the players".

So please don't believe these stories that he fades away in the second part of the season.

How this thread works:

1. Did cesc have an assisst or goals -> if so, praise him, if not go to 2.

2. Is this the first half of the season -> if so, nothing to see, if not go to 3.

3. Write how you heard Cesc go missing in the second half of the season.

4. Get quoted with arguments why that is a myth created by haters.

5. get to a new page of the thread, don't read the previous pages and forget all about it.

6. rinse and repeat.

Could people finally stop regurgitating this every page of this thread whenever he has a below par performance, i'm sick and tired of reading it. We got it already!!!

Beyond this page anyone who mentions his 2nd half Barcelona seasons should be banned. it's literally spam now.